Horrible Win %

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible Win %

I'm about to go on a killing spree!!! Not sure if I'm racing them over there heads, or they are just garbage to begin with. But somethings gotta give! Lol

There is a learning curve in terms of horse placement. This is my 4th season and I'm still figuring it out. My problem was, and to some extent still is, keeping horses alive longer than I should. When you have a limited number of horses its tough to get rid of them, but if you keep them your win% is going to be low. But horses that don't win, don't always lose money for you and they can be good horses to help you learn about placement.

Don't be afraid to lose horses in low claimers... You can always claim someone else's, and that can help you learn even more.

Comment

Panama is correct this worse thing I ever did was value my horses to high. Therefore they lost you are always better to drop them down and find their winning level. Even this season the first few days I was at a 4% winning ratio. So I over rated some of my runners and had to make adjustments. Don't get to attached to losing horses find their level and race them there.
      Eddie

Comment

Even Mr. "All I care about is wins" adjusted to this.....More talent on the site means more horses, which means fewer wins.......You must drop horses into lower claimers at the right time. Some even make huge drops......Letem go.....More can be breed or claimed

I also had stretches of poor breeding..... Everyone here has......Part of the game.....I still struggle with ups and downs.,.... Getting better though, and we have 3 or 4 stables sitting out but only running their chalk......18 percent this season is like 25 in other seasons.....I just hope this seasons construct doesn't scare anyone off.....Enjoy each season for what it is, as I learned that they all have their own ecosystem

Gl,
        Orb
        - Orb Farms

Comment

This will only be my third season. I sat out all of last season because of this same thing. I just couldn't win, but I agree with what everyone is saying about not falling in love with horses and don't be afraid to place them in low level claimers. This was mostly my problem but I also found that the competition has a lot to do with it. If I have a horse hit the board in a 20k claimer or even win, it doesn't mean that it is a 20k level horse. I have seen this happen and I continue to think it is a 20k horse, meanwhile all the competition from the race he won is running 3k claimers less than a month later. You also have to watch the other horses from the races you run afterwards, by the way I love the watch list and handicapping it has made this ten times easier, you may run against 3 that have only run a race or two and have not found their place yet and 2 that have been moved up because they won a lower level claimer. So even though you won the race that was a 20k claimer, you essentially beat 5 3k claimer horses.

Comment

I just got past my 1st month here and had a pile to learn just to place my first horse. I'm now top place in money won and 2d place one most wins. I was told when I got here that a 19.00 6F horse was a keeper because the heart factor was huge in some horses. I went along with that till the ending of April. I have found May alot different and don't wait for a horse to show heart, I relie on the numbers. I've got two Create that will run in a Q race and 5 horses I've bred from horses I won in the auction and claimed that will run in the Q. I study every race and see just how the horse ran, then I change it up to suit its next race. Got to right this stuff down.
            I dropped out of school when I was 14 because I needed to work. If I can do this, anyone can. give me one more week and Ill be top small Stable in both wins and money! That's a challenge, come stop me if you can,,,,lol. Just trying to get everyone back on TRACK with their horses and game. Best of Luck everyone.

Comment

JB Stables, PM me and I will set you up with 2-3 free horses or breeds to get some wins, and your confidence back!

Orb
              - Orb Farms

Comment

Working...
              X