Training Time VS Race Times

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Time VS Race Times

Pretty shocked about a race I just had. i trained a horse at 1 3/8 and found it had way better time if I ran Jockey instead of Steady. I did several test with all choices but Jockey was by far the best.
    Dirt fst 1 3/8m 47.82 1:12.72 2:18.41 1 1 1 1 Sutherland C(J) LV 120 h
    Dirt fst 1 3/8m 47.82 1:12.73 2:18.48 1 1 1 1 Sutherland C(J) LV 120 h

I just ran him in this race 06/14/17-C18 and he came in 5th with a time of 2:18.84 The only thing I can see that would be different is I train with Sutherland C and he had Maragh R in the race. I never use Jockey very much in races but have one horse that will only win with Jockey.

Can anyone shed some light on this or explain how I'm to know when to use Jockey other then just take a chance. this could have been a Q race. Ill run this horse in a 1 3/8 again using steady. Horses name is Andale Ahora . Meaning hurry, go fast and Ahora means right now,,,,lol

Ask Sherlock Holmes

Comment

its a Disease called morningglortitis in short (Morning Glory) and it may take more than Sherlock to solve this problem ...
      SPARTANS! What is YOUR profession?

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

I would give the horse a train using Maragh on jock decides and see if the times are similar to those with Sutherland, some jocks don't have much common sense and even though the instruction might be correct it might not fit the jocks riding style.
        STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
        LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
        HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Star, You might have something there, i just looked and he had Maragh three times and all three races were very bad for this horse. In no way this is a kick ass horse or anything, but something is up here and I know the horse can win a few. Ill do what you said and get back to you.

Greeko, Sherlock is dead dude, little hard asking him And Aloya, If this is a disease or Morning Glory, then I'm going to find a cure. Might not be from Lone or Dog in the programming department, but Ill do the test Star said and Ill make sure Maragh is not picked for this horse in future races. If I can prove this is the problem, then maybe Lone and Dog will look in to it. i can't just let stuff like this go, I have to figure it out or go nuts.

Comment

The way i understand it is there are only 3 pace options, push,steady and relax
            When you choose jockey decides the jockey picks one of these for you.
            Like Star said some jockeys make better decisions than others. Post position may also be a factor in what the jockey decides to do.

Comment

I have one running 2.17.98, and he is
              3 for 7
              His name is Voucher 6.....no questions about some big wins and huge talent, BUT:

1. He is a juvenile Colt; THERE WILL be some strange results
              2. Bad start
              3. Not getting preferred post (perfect at gate 2)
              4. Tough ride.....even with a good jock, the pace just doesn't setup well
              5. Even the tiniest meter nuances CAN factor
              6. A better horse met the above 5 conditions

25% of my horses run better works than races...... anyone who claimed my horses have seen this...

Hope this helps Dragon.....An incredible season you are having!!!

Orb

Orb
              Last edited by Orb Farms; 06-15-2017, 08:39 AM.
              - Orb Farms

Comment

IMO you train with the best jock u get best time.. I don't use the best jock just for that reason,. Then you have to use such factors as post and and if horse was hung out along with other factors is JMO.. ... Orb pretty much hit it dead on ..
                Last edited by King G Racing; 06-15-2017, 05:35 PM. Reason: edit
                The King Has Spoken

Comment

i get where your coming from King, and have thought about trying that, but i would rather know what the best my horse can do then work in the other factors. I find your way leaves you still guessing abit. Your winning % is a whopping 29.29 so it must be working for you ( Congrats my friend). It boils down to personal preference I guess. My wife has a habit of putting the alarm clocks ahead 10 mins. I hate it, but in 28 years I can't ever remember her being late, but I'm late all the time,,,lol,, Your right about Orb, the guy is a genius when it comes to numbers and figuring stuff out, he has taught me several things I would have over looked,

The horse will be ready to try a train with Maragh R in a couple Days and I will post my results. i thank everyone for there input, it means alot.

Comment

Working...
                  X