VET OR NO VET

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VET OR NO VET

Just claimed a horse from Greeko and checked out his training hoping he made a mistake. I found he paid the vet and was told this:
    • Last visited vet: May 10, 2017, 10:34 pm

• No need for using Bute on this horse, it could be harmful.

• Lasix will help to improve this horse's stamina.

• Vitamins will have a maximum positive effect on this horse's stamina.

Then I looked at his training numbers because I seen he was using Bute when the vet had said not to, that it could be harmful, this is what I found:
      Dirt fst 6.0f 22.60 45.68 1:09.14 1 1 1 1 Curatolo R(P) V 118
      Dirt fst 6.0f 22.45 45.44 1:08.92 1 1 1 1 Curatolo R(P) BV 118
      Dirt fst 6.0f 22.43 45.41 1:08.88 1 1 1 1 Curatolo R(P) BLV 118

Was hoping the experts could explain? should we check all horses we trusted with the vets opinion?

do you have the time with LV only .

​It says that Bute could be harmful . If you don't mind train at 10f naked and with Bute only .

​would be interesting to see those and I will try to explain the Vet instructions with a little more detail . Thanks
    Admin.

Comment

Bute has always been a tricky Med. When I had my army of 4f horses there were severl that worked and raced better without it even if the vet said it was needed. I always took the reason to be that a Positive Bute recommendation increased stamina or endurance i forget which one which actually could actually slow early speed. Obviously it likely helped at longer distances but if the other factors meant the horse was a sprinter it actually hurt.
      ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
      Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
      https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Star Stables View Post
        do you have the time with LV only .

​It says that Bute could be harmful . If you don't mind train at 10f naked and with Bute only .

​would be interesting to see those and I will try to explain the Vet instructions with a little more detail . Thanks

No, he never trained without the bute after he seen it was a positive, but here is another horse i claimed from Greeko the same day, you will see it is very simular except this time the vet says bute will have a MAXIMUM POSITIVE EFFECT, take a look:
        Dirt fst 6.0f 22.32 45.26 1:09.17 1 1 1 1 Curatolo R(P) V 118
        Dirt fst 6.0f 22.30 45.22 1:09.15 1 1 1 1 Curatolo R(P) LV 118
        Dirt fst 6.0f 22.47 45.44 1:09.21 1 1 1 1 Curatolo R(P) BLV 118

Last visited vet: May 14, 2017, 8:50 pm
        Bute will have maximun positive results on this horse.
        Lasix will have a slight positive effect on this horse.
        Vitamins will have a maximum positive effect on this horse's stamina.

Comment

Bute did have a max effect. this horse is not a sprinter. look at the last split . with out Bute 23.91 difference in last split . with bute 23.77 . it closed much faster. once you find idea distance for horse it will be even better results .
          Admin.

Comment

The meds have been odd lately, but Brian is correct. Bute is an endurance/stamina boost for anything above (typically) 1 Mile.

I had a similar question before, and though chicks dig the long ball in baseball, we "dig the sprinters" in this game in many instances......

i.e., adds can make a borderline sprinter a definitive classic or stayer horse. I get it now.

One more thing..... Do NOT forget that MANY horses IMPROVE their timed workouts after 1-2 races substantially, Try it. So so so important.

What pains me is that Blinkers, Shadow Roll, and Tongue Tie (and of course the .00003 horseshoes) have been useless for a couple of VERY promising horses.

Getting a CREATE that goes out 1:09.12 naked, and after all SEVEN potential adds, it gets to 1:09.03.....ugh. Same story at 5F, 6F, 7F, 8F, and 9F for this one particular horse.

Man those are the ones where you just have to walk away from the computer and do something else for a while....

Orb
            - Orb Farms

Comment

LOL, Well explained Orb, made me laugh, NOT at you but at the way you help me understand and it worked. I only claimed these two horses for breeding when they turn of age. So in the mean time i will follow your advice and play with them to help understand bute. Ill give them both one more race at age 4 then retire for breeding. Thank you, and Lone.

Comment

Working...
              X