Newb Guide?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb Guide?

I swear there used to be a long, long guide with general FAQ answered and guidelines of what claiming races were, what training times meant etc. Is this still around? I am finding it hard to find information in one place so it would be handy to have it back. My uncle (Polaris) is woeful on replying to me via Facebook so I cant harass him with any questions I have! Just the simple things sometimes could be explained better on the site.

For example: Could someone explain this found at bottom of a breeding chart?

"Silver Star = 10+ SW - Gold = 25+ SW-1 x 1,000,000 in offspring earnings." - What is SW? Stakes Win? What does this line mean in general. What are the "0.5"etc numbers I sometimes see next to a horse in the tree?

Another question: What exactly can Bonus Credits be used on? I cant see a definitive list anywhere.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
    Duncan

There is a HELP section at the bottom of your Main Stable page Dunc. SW is Stakes wins.

Comment

there is a SEARCH section for the forum. Type in Bonus Credits and go from there...

Comment

Also..if I'm not around, which happens a lot...just ask in the forum anyhow, very good community and very willing to help...they will all know a lot more than me!

Comment

Originally posted by Polaris Bloodstock View Post
          There is a HELP section at the bottom of your Main Stable page Dunc. SW is Stakes wins.
          there is a SEARCH section for the forum. Type in Bonus Credits and go from there...
          Also..if I'm not around, which happens a lot...just ask in the forum anyhow, very good community and very willing to help...they will all know a lot more than me!
          Yep, been using the search function a lot but it generally returns a lot of results. I typed in Bonus Credits and the majority of the results I get are posts regarding contests or promotions the site is running but nothing explaining them. Everyone is super friendly and I know I would get an answer if I would ask, I just dont want to hassle everyone for every little insignificant question I have lol. I generally pop into chat but it seems pretty deserted majority of the time.

Cheers for the Help link, hadn't noticed that one yet, will spend some time perusing that!

Comment

I think the chat room is popular on Weekends, and when the bigger races are on..

Comment

Hi Weapon, I see you won a nice starter race today, good job. The BC are used for Shoes, Vet, Geld, to buy Creates, to pay your monthly admission fee, things like that. You can win them in races or buy them, they are cheaper then regular credits.

SW stands for Stake wins, very important when picking out a breeder to look and see how many they have won or their offspring.

never be afraid to ask here on the forum, everyone here will be glad to help. good luck my friend. WCR

Comment

Hello Weapon.

If you look on the forums in the Help For New Members section, there are some pinned posts at the top there which cover some stuff. They're player created and talk more about training/breeding theories etc as opposed to the actual nuts and bolts of the site. They are quite outdated though but there are still some nuggets in there.

The Help section is there as Polaris said. I think there's also a tutorial but I'm not sure there's any way to revisit that if you've been away a while.

For specific questions the forums the place, someone will be along generally quite fast to help you out
                Jason, owner of Aragon Stables operating out of Perth, Australia

Comment

There is a training video that Brian put on U-Tube that I used first starting out. I found it VERY helpful and wish he would make more, check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g-pd-K8Tl8

Comment

Originally posted by Winner Circle Ranch View Post
                    There is a training video that Brian put on U-Tube that I used first starting out. I found it VERY helpful and wish he would make more, check it out.

Thanks Tom. I hope to be able to make some more soon. Just a little hitch in the plans.I had to have some dental work done. Had about half of it done then when the year changed I lost my dental insurance. So now I look like the stereotypical Kentuckian or a meth head with missing teeth and affecting my speech. I hate to make a video with me lisping so much Hopefully in a few months I'll be able to pay out of pocket to fix the rest.
                    ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
                    Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
                    https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

I hear yuh Brian, if you want to spend money just take a pet to the vet or go to the dentist, friggen crazy what they charge. But we love yuh no matter what you look like. Here is a video of my favorite repair man on U-Tube,,,,,lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuCU243O6yM

Comment

Originally posted by Winner Circle Ranch View Post

That was a very useful video - thanks WCR and thanks for putting the video together Brian. Does anyone have the chart Brian speaks of in the video regarding training times, splits and what distances to race horses on based on their training times?

Comment

Never mind - just found the help for new members section! Thanks everyone!

Comment

Weapon Stable,

As soon as I can generate some money (hopefully by win/place finishes or breeding fees to my breeders), I will have some cash to cover the cost to offer to sell you some horses and breeds at a penny, to get you up and going

They cost me about $1k apiece to do this, and I spent out my bankroll on nominations.... but hopefully I can do this for you soon.

I'll be in touch, and best of luck in your return!

Orb
                            - Orb Farms

Comment

Originally posted by Orb Farms View Post
                              Weapon Stable,

As soon as I can generate some money (hopefully by win/place finishes or breeding fees to my breeders), I will have some cash to cover the cost to offer to sell you some horses and breeds at a penny, to get you up and going

They cost me about $1k apiece to do this, and I spent out my bankroll on nominations.... but hopefully I can do this for you soon.

I'll be in touch, and best of luck in your return!

Orb
                              Hi Orb

Really appreciate the offer, but I have plenty to look after at the moment! I might take you up on the offer at a later date, but for now I have my hands full as it is!

Cheers anyway!

Comment

Working...
                              X