Tockyocky Racing - Please Vote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lone Star Stables View Post
    no . This is really the best site out there . We just need a few more stables and we can have a great community . Thanks everyone for all the support .
    ..... It is MUCH more difficult to find a new trainer than it is to keep existing trainers. I am puzzled as to why almost every owner/trainer in the history of the game, minus TNT, Trunoble and Foggy are gone???

New owners come along for their first few seasons and supplant old ones as the current "cash cows" (currently, it is clear which trainers are supplying the requisite $1-2k per month, but there are only 2-3 now, instead of 5 or 6).... But, things change, and it goes from GLL, to Orb Farms, to Greeko, then to the current top-3 stable, just as an example.

Someone usually steps up and "takes one for the team"; only now there are fewer contributors, and the overall site volume is shallow..... most of the big races have 3 entries apeice from today's top 3 stables.

I would love to contribute more, but since I cannot contribute like I did when i was purchasing $1-2k per month, the overall experience is one hundred-fold less entertaining, and FAR less successful.

in any business, one must keep their existing client base - but in an extremely narrow field such as online virtual horse racing, the combination of being left at the mercy of virtually-random breeding, virtually random association between workout times and success, and random gate draws (the Gate draws in sprints at Belmont - why not just eliminate Belmont as a track entirely if you admit the inside sprint bias is significant?)

....In my observations, this is why there is no more GLL, Ryan Express, Aquaman, Royal Oaks, etc... and a mere tiny fraction of Burky, Greeko, Orb, WCR...not to mention the permanently-retired stables that most of the newer stables do not know or never saw race.....

Somehow, retention must be far more important than acquisition in order for the site to flourish. I wish it the best of luck..... Not sure if the site reached out to Toc, or vice versa.....but it seems like desperation to reach out to a former site owner, if that is in fact the case???

.....Oh and as you stated "He no longer has access to the back end"...... So at one point, he did have access to the back end??? I can look at the answers to a crossword puzzle in today's paper, at the bottom of the page..... then throw the answer key in the trash......but I still remember the important answers to fill into the blank crossword puzzle. Smh

Orb
    Last edited by Orb Farms; 10-12-2018, 09:32 AM.
    - Orb Farms

Comment

Orb...the back end information is only useful if you can see both the back and the front at the same time. Otherwise its useless. Besides I have no idea of what adjustments have been made over years. What I know is....I was THE top stable prior to all of this and I have a that reputation. I'll try to take it easy so the crying isn't so severe. Just a game and a hobby not a cash machine. Cheers!

Breed a horse
      work a horse
      enter a horse
      choose a jock
      choose instruction

Thats all I can do....there is zero advantage. Anything else is just a wild theory from people that most likely struggle here. The horse attributes both racing and breeding are the foundation. When I sit here and breed a horse just like you...this information isn't available to us. It's a unique horse with it's own make up. after the horse is bred I have to do my homework like anyone else. It's me versus the field and every aspect in between. Some of us just do it better...I know it can be hard to accept. Focus should be on attracting new members with incentives and tutorials while figuring out how to retain and entertain the existing stables. I appreciate the concern you have towards me and all I can say is you have nothing to worry about. I'll spend like I usually do and I will breed some good horses. I have zero doubt that I will win because I always have.

All that other stuff you posted has nothing to do with me. The site can do what they please as a business and they will sink or swim because of it.

Last edited by Tockyocky Racing; 10-12-2018, 10:28 AM.
      Tockyocky Racing
      From the gate to the wire...stable on FIRE

Comment

Cool, let all of the rest of us take a peek at it then?

Orb
        - Orb Farms

Comment

Take a peak at what? Math formulas that are useless to anyone trying to figure out how to use them? The owners of the site can't even see the actual math...just the numbers that go into it. This whole site is nothing but 0's and 1's multiplied by fractions. You know what Freddie can do? Can can probably tell you which horse might be a good racer and which horse might breed well. Thats about it.

I agree with the other guy...you are paranoid. Relax homie!
          Tockyocky Racing

Comment

I'll give someone my logs if they want to be a stable monitor. I can use the help anyway. Hell u can even enter my horses...or watch me work and maybe learn something. Dead serious. You can have front row seats. Let's Race!
            Tockyocky Racing

Comment

With Freddies permission I will post screenshots of a the backend numbers of a retired horse and a retired jockey. I don't think there would be anything to gain from it that most stables dont already know. A numerical value for speed endurance etc jockey the same turf preference and a value on sprint route etc. Nothing to be gained unless you were to see the numbers on an active horse and jockey.but if he approves I will do it.
              ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
              Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
              https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

I could use a peek a that Brian. I have suspicions about the numbers, but if there is a chart of some kind it would satisfy some curiosity or maybe provide some insight.

I have already satisfied some suspicions with Toc responses to Desperado Racing comments.

Comment

welcome back champ... !!!
                  SPARTANS! What is YOUR profession?

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

Welcome back toc great to see another legend of the online virtual horse racing fraternity return .

Comment

"Some people are just paranoid"

Yes I could be paranoid but some people are just plain dumb or afraid to speak their minds cause their stable may get "cursed" and never win a high stakes race again, seen it before in several sites all moan quietly in the background or just when they realize they can get their racing act together any longer.

Most fail to see the big picture or again hide their heads in the sand and choose to ignore it. For God sake the guy was the owner of the site and without any doubt the guy loves to train and race virtual horses so the amount of insider info he has at this point is as much as he was able to ask about, dig up and absorb, period. What is the use of that info? he will never tell you, he will just vaguely answer questions, downplaying all he knows and hoping the issue will go quietly away.

Yes it will go quietly away for sure no doubt, along with the site's reputation. Actually the site's reputation took the big hit already, most are failing to realize this. The site is sacrificing short term needs for the long term hopes - prospects of success.

I was just starting to increase the size of my stable, purchasing horses from other players, purchasing breding material and this issue comes along. Not only that I had decided to give the site total priority over another site I play at and have over 150 horses there, even convinced two of my long time friends all the way from the old RC days ( leaders of the stats there at one point) I convinced them to give the site another try.

Now I contacted them about this issue and I did not bad mouth the site to them after this and never said it was a scam or any baseless accusation and never will, I think is a case of error of judgment what we see here by the owner of DD.
                      I just presented the facts to my friends before they were committed to play on the site about who has been allowed to play and who this person was. Both ran for the exit.

You guys dont care? Sure you dont but you will eventually when realize the damage this will cause.

Just imagine,
                      - so.... where do we play virtual horses?
                      - I heard DD is good!
                      - Nah, the leader of the stats used to be the owner of the site....

Had a very good short time on the site, met a couple of very nice players, I would offer my horses for sale but since pennies and dimes wont do for me I will just hang around until they cant run no more or my account runs out of cash.

Thanks.

Comment

Desperado - Everything is out in the open and was put to a vote . Close to 80% voted in favor and when I agreed it was even higher . I am working on a way to make the site more transparent and give the community more information to their horses . I know Chrisman has asked for us to show the information (Screenshot) to retired horses . I think that is a good idea and will do some shortly . I just need to make sure I do not show sensitive info in pictures that would allow some one to hack the site or my computer . These days any info can be used to hack servers .

I agree in 1 week Toc has bred a ton of horses which will give him or anyone a chance to get some good horses. He has used breeders from the community since he had none. He was a very strong trainer before he was a partner in the site,but has yet to win a stakes races and his stats should be around what they were in his past .

I think the site has been very transparent and could have allowed him to race under a different stable name , But the community is very smart and would have seen through such a stable. If
                        the vote would have been 55/45 we would not have allowed him to come back . Like you pointed out the sites history and community are what make the site a good place to race. Please give the site and Toc a chance to make this the place you want to race. Toc has always been a very helpful person and is the reason he got so much support .

I always felt that competing vs good trainers and beating them was more entertaining then beating easy competition . The site is always better when there are a few trainers with a shot a winning the Trainer Of The Year . Those battles are very exciting and could be profitable to smaller stables who claim well .

We are working on building up the community . The bigger the community the more valuable your Top breeders are ,and the larger the purses are .

Admin.

Comment

Admin:
                          Well you have your opinion I have mine, you are the one that ultimately decides, I just dont think this matter should have been aired by any means in forums much less put out for a vote, there is a conflict here, is obvious, or you would not have brought it up.
                          A conflict where certain player may or may not have an advantage over the rest. I dont think the solution is to make selected bits and pieces available to the rest of the community is much more simple than that.
                          Let's say you sell the site tomorrow, would you consider ethical to come back as a player in a few months?

I had a good time on the site, me leaving is just a minor set back to allow Toc playing the game.

Thanks

Comment

I agree that you do have a legitimate concern . I would not comeback in a few months . I would like to comeback to the community for sure . I always wanted to reach 1,000 wins . That is hard to do . My last real season here I tried to beat Toc but fell short . I love to compete and looked to other virtual horse racing sites shortly after we bought sight . There were none that interested me . I have not looked lately , because of the booming economy and I work like crazy . I also need to work more on this site. With winter coming I will have more time to focus on Digital Downs .
                            Admin.

Comment

The over reaction to this is normal. It's been 2 years not a couple months. Hell I just learned today that you can train a horse as much as u like after a claim.

Truth is you are already competing against people that know far more than me about the details of racing here. Trunoble Lodge has probably forgotten more than I know, Norm is a tough opponent. Star of the Desert, Second to none, Ryan Express, Aardvark, Aquaman, Foggydan and this list goes on. Foggy has barn burners and Chrisman was my main competition at the previous site. I lit that place up like a Christmas tree also! C Man is more detailed and tactical than I am. Everything I have learned and know about racing here was taught by the greats before me either to me directly or by right of passage.

I have zero knowledge of breeding just like you. It's trial and error...or I wouldn't be killing horses. I have no more advantage of the racing than anyone else. I'm making racing strategy mistakes daily that I will learn from. There is no secret sauce and gate draws and jockeys and other peoples horses and gates and jockeys and instructions all impact a race that I am in. Specifically tell me what aspect of the game do I have an advantage in? No conspiracy theories please...specifics. It's a virtual horse that runs around a track based on data input.. I have always competed at the highest level and thrived off the challenge of going up against tough competition. Maybe I'm too good? What would you be saying 3 years when I was here whooping everyone? I'm leaving the site because this guy is kicking my ass? I mean can I win a decent race first before the bags are packed.

Give it a rest

This is my last response to this thread. I appreciate the support from those that gave it to me. I hate to see anyone leave the game over literally nothing and I feel bad about that I hope to make this a better place and I will do what I can to help others and grow the site. With that being said..I am willing to help anyone out that needs it and I am willing to be a mentor to someone. If there is a serious somewhat new person that needs a mentor let me know. I'll show you what I know...see for yourself. Additionally I am offering access to my stable to one person so they can see what I see and we can discuss horse career paths and strategy. You will find that I have no secret sauce...just experience of many years of virtual horse racing and the patience to properly place a horse.

Tockyocky Racing

Comment

Damn guess I am still just the lucky guy. Guess that's why you ain't claimed any of my donkeys on your buying spree. Maybe one day the all time race wins leader, stakes wins leader and earnings leader might get on your radar. lmao
                                Good luck at the races,
                                ​​​​​​​Eddie

Comment

Working...
                                X