Sales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales

Ask The Experts Why They Only Sell Yearlings With Many Many Works? Answer! They Are The Big Stables Culls! If They Sell Three They Save Six That Can Out Run That Three! What Chance Do You Have? None! Unless You Buy An Unworked Yearling Or Breed! TEXASEAST FEEL THE WHIP!!

Hey Les, I'm certainly no expert at the game. I like how you want this game to be realistic as it can be. And I like that you have the experience of real horse racing and can bring in the fresh ideas to make it as realistic as possible. The thing is no one is going to change what they do until the programming of the game changes. The good stables on here have figured out what works with the programming of the game and they use it. I have not figured it all out but I know that you have to work the horse with all the different combos to see which one makes the horse run the best. I'm guessing in the real world that you can watch a horse run and determine what adds it needs. On here, it is not so obvious. So you have to test to see what will work. This is my first full season. I was claiming a lot of 2k and 5k last season when i first got started and decided real quick not to do that because it usually doesn't pan out. So you have the right idea to claim better horses. I dont like the auction either. I dont even look at it anymore. My idea on the action is if you dont like it dont buy or sell in it and if enough people do that they will change it. But as long as people keeping using it they will keep it. Good luck to you Les. If i can do anything for you just ask.
    Glenn

Texas Racing Stables

Comment

ok Les you threw out the bait and I'll bite.

Except for Texan Theory and Smoking, I threw in 6 yearlings into the last Auction, whose works weren't all that great and I put those up for a minimum of one dollar bid. Not what I call trying to rip the newbies off. They may or may not win races, but I wasn't putting a gun to someone's head to take one of them. Most of them sold for around $1.50 or minimum.

I have been in this game a long time and it took me 3 seasons before I got my first Stakes horse, a Created which I named 'Oscar The Grouch' but only after I had put quite a few bucks into the game.

The game is very complex and different stables have different agendas. If you have beaucoup spare dollars, you'll get your topliners quickly but if you run on a budget like I did and still do, then it takes longer, a lot longer. From what you have posted, your interest lies in breeding and selling of stock. There is nothing wrong with that but to slam the larger stables because they hold good broodstock and won't sell the offspring at bargain prices is a folly. They have put a lot of time and money into achieving their goals within the game.

Our strategy is simple, if you throw enough mud at a wall some must stick. We have had over a 1000 entries this season for 160-odd wins. Ryan Express is more frugal and set their horses in races they have a very good chance of winning, hence their excellent strike rate, far better than ours. Aquaman who is fairly new to the game seems to have worked out what to do with 'crap' horses, to hold a worthy 4th place on the ladder. Gunner whom I consider the toughest opponent in the game concentrates on Stakes races with a small stable, with a solid breeding regimen. Sparc has sunk lots of dollars into the game and uses it as a medium to up his car sales. My point is that each of these stables has a different approach and goal within the game structure.

The keyword is 'game'. It mirrors real life but it ain't exact. If breeding and selling is your preferred slice of the game, then pursue that avenue but don't slam other stables because it doesn't suit them.

Norm

P.S. Our next horse will be named "Les The Grouch"
      Last edited by Getting Lucky Lodge; 08-08-2008, 06:56 PM.
      Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

Sales

yeah! just the b.s. i expected from gll! guys i luv ya, but you aint down for the game! your down for gll, i respect that but carry that muck bucket some where else! you talk in a bunch of circles, and you prove my point! it took you three years to get a stakes winner! with a created! it wasnt with an auction horse! nor a claim, nor was it breed! created after three years! give me a break, i sincerly hope that after three years in here i dont have to rely on creates to provide my big horse! aussie breeding is maybe better in the virtual world tho? if all newbies just breed creates where would that leave you? i suggest all newbies follow gll path to success, breed creates and become number one money earner! MY POSSE IS GROWING! NORM YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME YOU ONLY HAD A FEW BREEDS LEFT ON FUU MAN CHU! WHY DID YOU PULL HIM FROM STALLION ROOM? LOL

Comment

Sales

Newbie Guide Part Iv! Boycot All Auctions! Boycott Claims Box Under 50k! Breed Created Horses Only! Win $$$ In Here! Follow Gll Path To Success! Forgo The Breeders In Here Til Breed Rule Is Recinded! Dont Buy At Auction, Dont Claim Under 50k, And Breed Createds! Its Just That Simple! We Dont Buy Worked Yearlings In The Real, Why Should We Here? Texaseast Feel The Whip!!

Comment

Even though Norm does not think much of my stable.I would like to think i know what i am doing...And you sure cant say that i dont help the new players .I drop good horses in cheap claimers all the time.Who here has not claimed one of my horses and got a real good one a lot of times.I think the big stables help the new guys a lot we want this game to be successful also and do what we can to help.Does anyone here who breeds a horse not want to see if its any good before they offer it for sale ?I am here to race not breed so i think its up to yourself to breed your horses not depend on someone else to sell you a un worked horse.It does not take long to get a good one i was in the top 5 my second year i claimed and bred and would like to think i have a pretty good stable.

My two cents
            Sparc Stable
            Last edited by Sparc Stables; 08-08-2008, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasToast Thoroughbreds
              If They Sell Three They Save Six That Can Out Run That Three! What Chance Do You Have? TEXASEAST FEEL THE WHIP!!

If they horse they sell is of atleast 75k claimers caliber and it sells for 25k then you have 3-1 odds in your favor. I've seen atleast one horse that this applies. too.

I've tried to be sympathetic to your calls for more realism, but as I've said and been told many times in my own attempts it just wont work.For one instance I distinctly remember suggesting that the futurity become a true futurity in that the spots are paid for before the horse is even born or worked. See the resounding No's that ensued.
              You can take the best stallion and the best mare and breed them and still run a good chance of gettign nothing but garbage. For example they have 50k breeding fee each that's 110k for one horse. Awful risky investment. When breeding 10 horses for 10k each runs you a better shot of atleast hitting a couple of decent runners that will make your money back. Players go both ways on this based on their balance and the risks they are willing to take.

The first stakes runner I had (Et Tu Brute) was a fluke from a great runner who put out a lot of garbage at first quo vadis. Though his numbers have risen some he'sstill not that great. And he was bred to a 5k claimer.

A couple of the guys here will confirm that i have spent countless hours working on and researching those hidden numbers that the horses have. After all that I did still the best conclusion I could come to was A. You'll save yourself a lot of time simply breeding good horses to good horses and B. There's alway sthat chance even with dud horses to produce a good horse (see Sal/Phyl horse) Sal bred a lot of 2k claimers to a lot of 2k claimers and produced a lot of garbage and probably really soiled some bloodlines, but he stll from time to time put out some good horses. Anyone playing the game at any given time can come up with a stakes horse. Yes the bigger stables 1. have more money. 2 have better breeders, but everyone has the chance to have a great horse. How you use that horse when you get it makes a differece. i for one retired too early and sold for too cheap or my original stable may still be going.

Why boycott the auction? all this will do is force it to become more of a buyers market than it already is and scorn those who do take a chance hoping the market will drive the price up on a good horse from doing so.

boycotting low level claimers.will allow those big stables to drop down middle of the road horses for easy wins. I'm not a big fan of playing the low level claiming game but I am a firm believer that a stable if they are smart, and patient and be successful just claiming and runnign such horses. This is one options smaller stables have to keep them in the game until they can breed that monster horse.

To emphasise again what has already been said...If you are getting steady fees form stallions A at 10k a pop and 5k from a mare. You breed it for 10 and put it on the auction and it sells for 12.5k did you really make a profit. As much as I'd like to see it otherwise there is just no market for untrained horses because people realize the risk they are taking. Pete got incredibly lucky with Texan Theory because he couldhave paid 30500 or whatever it was then after a work had a 59.7 or soemthing of that nature that would never be able to recoupe his investment.

just me rambling,
              Brian
              Last edited by Socratic Racing; 08-08-2008, 11:43 AM.
              "I feel stupid and contageous"-- Kurt Cobain: "Smells Like Teen Spirit.
              "In real life, you can smell the horse shit." -RR
              Feel the Manure!

Comment

I am entertained by some of the posts on here.
                Small Stable, Big Results!

Comment

Apologies Russ, I have edited my post.
                  Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

lol thanks Norm

9)

Comment

Norm i like les the gruoch put it up for sale i will buy it no matter how the works are. All the big stables have helped me in 1 way or the other so let Les cry he has the right.

Darrin

Comment

"Les The Grouch"

(The Red-Faced Rat out of Wasted Potential)

A little girl who is a bit slow.

You sure you want her? We'd love to get rid of her out of the game.
                        Last edited by Getting Lucky Lodge; 08-09-2008, 04:05 AM.
                        Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

haha,s

if the game was run on the real les would have no complaints! unless of course you were employing illegal alliens in your stable! then you could have named that lovely filly GROUCHLESS!! LMAO les texaseast

Comment

just spell the name right!

thats all the stars care about! good press or bad! just spell the name right! les texaseast

Comment

an honor

its truly an honor to have had a horse named after me! and in just my first meet! i will continue to work in the behalf of the dd horsemen,newbies, and smaller stables to improve the racing, breeding, and yearling sales, here at digital downs! i understand that a horsemans commitee is being formed! i nominate darrin from erb stables for president! do i hear a second? les texaseast

Comment

Working...
                              X