Maybe time for an auction?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe time for an auction?????

With all the new stable activity lately maybe its time we had an auction.

Orb has stated he has heaps to get rid of could be a good opportunity for the new stables to pick up a couple of competitive ones

I agree, this might be a good time to auction some horses and breeders off, and new stables could get them at or near the minimum asking price......Keeps the game moving forward.

I agree Dragon,

Orb
    - Orb Farms

Comment

I think I found the right combination of advertising.Summer coming and the Real life Triple Crown we will do a big advertising push . We have gotten many new stables and are monitoring the conversion from new to active stable .

​We usually do one in the final month of the season and are planning to do an auction soon. I will keep you updated on a date . Thanks
      Admin.

Comment

Most of the newbies are very green , only training once or none at all and then entering in races.

Comment

I'll contradict myself in a moment.....

While I am willing to even GIVE some away free horses if it helps, especially geldings and claimer types to start these new players off.......I see the 1 Mile Push is Killing the new members....... And this is that "special distance" that should probably be learned Last in order of all distances!

As an aside, I cannot believe my eyes with all of the missed claims over the last 3-4 weeks....The best horse is logically winning, and not so much as an ounce of fear in any owner throwing out a $3k, $6k, $12k or $20k claimer.... This is where new players should be learning........ The value in the last 17-18 race cards - I invite anyone to go back and look at the missed opportunities - Is it really that important to name our own horse instead of claiming (Aquaman, where are you???), if we can secure 20 or 60 potentially GREAT breeds (for example) for $12 bucks on the tag, on a horse who has already run 28 races with success & carries tremendous bloodlines?

This is not designed as a disservice to any competitive racer anywhere in the standings - But we should be doing everything except throwing an 84 mph fastball down the heart of the plate for hank Aaron as he sat 1 home run behind the record!

Bloodlines abound, thus new and even 2-3 season younger-tenured players are missing out on HUGE opportunities to gain diversity in bloodlines from breeders who have 20, 30, and even 45+ stakes wins, and/or $3 million in offspring earnings on BOTH sides. Robust claiming is the heart of thoroughbred racing throughout the country, and it should be here too.

Even though I want to reduce volume, a bargain is a bargain!

Orb
          - Orb Farms

Comment

In my opinion nobody claims because it's very cheap to breed a horse.

$7 bucks to breed, waters everything down, it cheapens the site and in turn makes most high claimers have no value other than a possible breeder down the road.

Everyone here claims for $1 or $3 dollars because they save $4 bucks in breeding in this department. You never see the $12, $20 or $30 claim because breeding is cheap. Why spent $12 or higher on a claimer when you can easily breed for $7 bucks and have a horse as a maiden.

Also with sires being able to breed 60 times this also waters it down because you have many chances at breeding for the fraction of the cost of claiming for big money.

Cheers
            John

Comment

Did we decide to limit seasonal breeding to 10 stalling usages and 5 Mare usages per season? Maybe this diversifies and changes strategy?

Orb
              - Orb Farms

Comment

I think so - limiting the breeds might help . I like the more breeds per breeder so that there are more chances of getting a good horse .
                Admin.

Comment

Working...
                X