Auction 8-12-17 21:30 DigitalDowns TIme

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction 8-12-17 21:30 DigitalDowns TIme

We will have an auction on the 12th and will start to allow entries on the 6th . I will give some more information the closer we get . Right before finals , might be a good time to sell or buy a finals horse . We will have food and drinks for free in the chat room during the auction . Thanks
    Admin.

Thats what Iv'e been waiting for Lone Thanks,
    Hoping to see some GOOD breeders in there, I'm in desperate need. If your a new stable make sure to get some money in your account to bid, you won't regret it. I recommend taking a good look at last auction, it will give you an idea of what to expect.
    Last edited by Winner Circle Ranch; 08-02-2017, 07:52 AM.

Comment

bump,,,

Comment

Morning Lone, I know your working on this but its 3 days (Aug 3rd) before entry (Aug 6th), can you post something under the Horse Auction Page Please

Comment

We are working on a couple of details . We will have a special Bonus for the highest priced horse sold . We will give a 25% bonus to both the buyer and seller of highest price horse . For example if a horse sells for 100k we will add a 25k bonus to the buyer and a 25k bonus to the seller . Hopefully this will help get some higher quality horses into auction . That was the reason we raised the entry fee to 2k . It was to have a better quality horse auction . We will have a max bonus of 100k combined just to prevent someone for buying a horse for 5,000,000 . Thanks everyone and good luck
          Admin.

Comment

Hi guys:

​Not trying to hijack this thread but I was thinking of breeding a horse using the 2 parents that resulted in the track record falling at SA this evening and putting it up for auction. My question is would you people prefer me to breed a 2 year old or a yearling, I will leave it up to you guys because you will be potentially the ones bidding on the horse.

Burky
            STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
            LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
            HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

The sire would be EMPEROR HOOFLUNGPOO and the mare would be SHEEZ SPECIAL. The horse I breed will be put in the auction untrained.
              Last edited by Star Of The Desert; 08-05-2017, 09:04 PM.
              STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
              LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
              HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

OK you will be able to enter 00:10 on the 6th -- up till 20:00 on the 11th . The Auction starts on the 12th 21:30 . Thanks
                Admin.

Comment

At $2 up front, I will probably enter 15 horses/breeders. At $1 to submit an auction horse, I would have entered 30-40......and if all fees were retroactive, with fees EVEN for horses that did not sell AFTER the auction, I would have entered 60 horses and breeders. This would require that once a horse is entered, it cannot be removed, so that Admin can collect their fee.

I understand this would have flooded the pages, but perhaps the auction page design should be more grid-like in appearance, or "boxy" or Excel in appearance. we probably do not need to see a photo of the horse to save space. I am just thinking down the road, they could be listed by current price, from high to low, so that the highest quality horses for sale to the community, open to everyone, sit at the top or as a running sidebar.

As of now, it is difficult rummage through 14 pages of non or very lightly-contrasted data, separated by pages in the teens. We need a "snapshot" of all activity, in 1 or 2 pages, with a pop-up link for each horse's past performance, breeding history, and pedigree, and this pop-up can provide more specific detail. Leave just a general career or breeder line, and "mission-critical" information on the quick-hitter snapshot page.

Less is more, and I prefer to see the entire auction on 1 or 2 screens to be honest.

Thoughts?

Orb
                  - Orb Farms

Comment

Not bad Orb I will look at that and see how we can improve the layout . As far as the fee we raised it for that very reason . It ensures a better quality of horses being entered , at reserves more likely to be met.

​In future auctions we might do a buy it now option , were you can set a " Buy It Now " price . Thanks Orb
                    Admin.

Comment

Thanks Lone...... Maybe even keep everything the EXACT SAME, and just ADD the "quick-hitter", 1-2 page snapshot, to keep things simple and easy. No need to respond, just a follow up.

[EDIT] and YES>>>> I agree the auction is designed for entities that will curry multiple bids; the SALES PAGE is designed for horses that will likely sell for a low, fixed price.

Appreciate the response!

Orb
                      - Orb Farms

Comment

The last auction was set up fine other then some very poor horses and breeders that only took up time and space to look through. I think Lone raising the enter to 2K should help stop this. Orb, I doubt very much you have 60 horses that would all sell for your reserve. I did good and bad at the last auction because I was new. I intend to look over more carefully any I bid on this time so I hope the 2k helps me weed out the bad ones. JMHO

Comment

I probably have about 28 horses and 30 breeders (Have probably 90 total breeders) to sell, but for now, I am listing about 10-12 horses, and I will hold off on the breeders for a few days

Take a look everyone, I put a few up that look REALLY good,

Orbffirmative would be a nice cornerstone for a new or smaller stable, in terms of racing and future breeding

***The reason I edit is because I usually make spelling mistakes, and they drive me nuts, or I add a sentence or two instead of adding another post***

Orb
                          Last edited by Orb Farms; 08-06-2017, 10:59 AM.
                          - Orb Farms

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Star Stables View Post
                            Not bad Orb I will look at that and see how we can improve the layout . As far as the fee we raised it for that very reason . It ensures a better quality of horses being entered , at reserves more likely to be met.

​In future auctions we might do a buy it now option , were you can set a " Buy It Now " price . Thanks Orb

I agree some of the ideas are good but we don't need to add more horses to the auction with a "Buy it now" price. We already have that...it's called the Horses / Breeders for sale pages.

Comment

I think auctioning off 5 horses as a lot could work here.. maybe even 10 as a lot package.

​something to think about

Comment

Working...
                              X