Auction 9-23-17 21:00

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction 9-23-17 21:00

We will have an auction Saturday the 23rd starting at 21:00 site time . Entries will start tonight at 21:00 with the final time to enter is 21:00 on Friday the 22nd . Thanks Everyone and Good Luck ..

​we will announce contest or give away for this auction later this week .
    Admin.

I am not selling out, just whittling down.......Will keep some of my very best.......but there should be some nice horses and breeders available from Orb Farms in the auction.

Good Luck,
    Orb
    - Orb Farms

Comment

Crooked Track has been entered. 11 breeds left. Offspring still going at nearly $13k per race. 4 of 9 Offspring over $25k earnings already. 1 over $100k and 1 just passed the $200k mark. Another good few days on the track for her breeds. Hurricane Roger ( her newest offspring ) won a Shotgun, Crooked nail picked up a Maiden win, and Explosive Missile won the 3YO Classic Qualifier after losing the Sprint Qualifier by 0.04 secs days earlier.

Listed at $66k. Every time I have listed breeds to her at $6k each they have been used up instantly. Was considering putting up a few untried breeders in the auction as well but not sure there's much interest around currently. If there's something you're particularly interested in or trying to find, PM me and we'll see if there's something that works.
      Jason, owner of Aragon Stables operating out of Perth, Australia

Comment

Entries end tonight at 2100 server time. Still time to enter horses if you choose.
        ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
        Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
        https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

I am putting up some SOLID, not SUPERSTAR horses for bargain basement prices, and these are horses that can win races.

I hope you take advantage of them.....The $2k to list them will likely result in me giving them away, but that is part of my plan....I want to share some horses who can provide other players entertainment, as I am not in a position to race with high volume this season.

I DO hope you snag some of them....I'll put up about 10 above average breeders if things go well today....

My very best,

Orb
          - Orb Farms

Comment

Congrats to Aragon, Polaris, and I believe Aloya for making some stellar auction purchases.....THIS is the SINGLE most cost-effective means by which a stable can grow and enhance their entertainment value for pennies on the dollar.

Kudos!

Orb
            - Orb Farms

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon Stables View Post
              Crooked Track has been entered. 11 breeds left. Offspring still going at nearly $13k per race. 4 of 9 Offspring over $25k earnings already. 1 over $100k and 1 just passed the $200k mark. Another good few days on the track for her breeds. Hurricane Roger ( her newest offspring ) won a Shotgun, Crooked nail picked up a Maiden win, and Explosive Missile won the 3YO Classic Qualifier after losing the Sprint Qualifier by 0.04 secs days earlier.

Listed at $66k. Every time I have listed breeds to her at $6k each they have been used up instantly. Was considering putting up a few untried breeders in the auction as well but not sure there's much interest around currently. If there's something you're particularly interested in or trying to find, PM me and we'll see if there's something that works.

It seems strange that yours got away for the value.....I put up 2 higher end ACTIVE horses myself - Towers of Orb (Who finished 2nd in the Sprint Finals last season, and is still active for someone to continue running, and THEN retire to get 50-60 breeds), and Theatrical - ALSO ACTIVE, finished WELL in last season's Qualifiers, winning and placing top 3 multiple times in both the classic and Route Qualifiers, and a top 3 in one of those finals as well I believe, with 20 breeds awaiting when the new owner would have retired this 3 year old in a future season.

For $50k, a new owner would have received either horse with VERY possible potential to make noise in Season 38 Qualifiers, as well as possibly Season 39 and Season 40, depending on age progression/Age change, form, etc...

So, for less than $1k per breed on Towers of Orb AND an active Stakes and Finals contender, he didn't sell, and in hindsight, I think I am relieved.... Same goes for Theatrical...Maybe it is a blessing that these two were passed up for $50k each, and they will turn out to be solid breeders, as WELL as continuing to race for 1-2-3 more seasons!

$50k is a Large investment in today's game, so I get it.....especially with so many options.....But I thought these were steals for the REAL students of the game, and again, I feel a sense of relief that I removed Towers of Orb about 20 hours prior to Sunday night, and Theatrical never got a sniff.

So, for your breeder, I would keep those valuable breeds, and use them sparingly across multiple seasons to cross-pollinate your bloodlines with future breeding mates that fit to breed with Crooked Track Aragon!

Good Luck!

Orb
              - Orb Farms

Comment

I was never confident she would sell, or that any of the higher quality listed horses would sell. Judging from the tone of the forums, private conversations regarding breeds and the chat room, I just don't think there's much money flowing around in the eco-system currently. It ebbs and flows. I listed her for the cheapest I would ever let her go, and won't shed any tears that she remains in the shed. If sold I would have put that money into locating a Sire as I feel like I have some quality on the Mare side but lack on the Sire side currently. As you say though, the real value of breeders of that calibre isn't in the immediate value of the 20 breeds, it's in being able to ensure the safe passage of those lines down into future seasons, turning one quality breeder into 3, and then 9 and so on. It's something the very top stables excel at, and one of the reasons sometimes a horse like that is wasted on a stable like mine. If you follow European football, I see myself as a 'feeder club', identifying talent for cheap, developing and proving it, then offloading it to the big boys for a profit to rinse and repeat.

Good luck on the track.
                Jason, owner of Aragon Stables operating out of Perth, Australia

Comment

unlimited training and the cheap cost of breeding hurts auctions in the end

Comment

I disagree Greeko and know for a fact I wouldn't be here if they took away unlimited training and think it was a mistake to raze the cost of shoes,vet and champ fee's. The proof is starting to show already.

Orb and Aragon, The auction was a disaster and I blame it on age change results and to many mistakes with weights in the cards. This was the real test for the Golden shoes to prove themselves but 80% of my horses hit the wall and died with their shoes on,,,LOL No one wanted to buy more horses. I had two horses in the auction, one with 3 for 3 wins and the other with 2 for 2 wins, both sold for 3000 and it cost me 2000 each to enter them. The saddest part of the auction is when I won Gratecko for 50000k. That horse should have sold for 150000k easy.

Comment

Little Johnny attended a horse auction with his father. He watched as his father moved from horse to horse, running his hands up and down the horse's legs and rump, and chest. After a few minutes, Johnny asked, "Dad, why are you doing that?" His father replied, "Because when I'm buying horses, I have to make sure that they are healthy and in good shape before I buy. Johnny, looking worried, said, "Dad, I think the UPS guy wants to buy Mom."

Comment

LOL LOL
                        STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
                        LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
                        HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Working...
                        X