Auction?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction?

Admin any plans for an auction this month?

It might be to short of a notice to try to do one this weekend. and then we have Christmas and New Years the fallowing weeks . We might be better off waiting till the first week of new season. I would like to hear some feedback of a good day . thanks
    Admin.

Comment

Looks like auction has already started. So far today nine horses have been claimed, they range from 1K to 20K and even 3Y geldings aren't safe,,,,LMAO

You can tell season is coming to an end and love is in the air for new breeders. i think the best claim was made by Greeko when he beat out 3 others on To Long To Go Very nice claim for 3K. Keep your eyes open everyone, some nice horses in claimers as season ends. Good luck to all!

Comment

Nice to see Aquaman back.

Comment

I think the Auctions could be a HUGE Success, if there was no "up front" fee, and the higher price horses move to the first 1,2 or 3 pages, and the lower priced auction horses move to the back.

It's sort of like the NFL draft.....Round 1 is on day 1, Round 9 is on day 3.

This would motivate me to want to sell 5x the number of horses on auction, each time around.

I know the counter-argument is that the auction could get flooded with $1k and $3k claimers.....Well, they don't hurt anything in the back end of the listings page......

Just my .02

Orb
          - Orb Farms

Comment

I prefer the current format of the auctions in terms of horses being grouped by age/category...yearlings, 2yo, older, breeding stock, etc. If horses are listed by price means you have to search thru all horses to find what you want to look at instead of being able to only look at the group you are interested in because if you are only interested in say breeders then you have to leaf thru the entire sale to find all of them instead of just going to the section where all of them are.

I also don't have a problem with an up front fee as long as the fee is credited toward your commission. I think the up front fee does keep the auction from being flooded with cheap horses who have no chance of selling as well as horses people don't really want to sell except for an unreasonable reserve. Although, I do think the $2000 entry fee is too high. I would prefer to see it be $1000 as that would stimulate some larger consignments to the auction.

Lone...I am also going to say this again...that much of the info in the help section is incorrect and should be updated or you should only be charging what it says there. Here is what it says in the help section...

5c. Purchasing/Selling A Horse - Via Auction.

You can also purchase or sell any race horse via the "Auction Page". The "Auction" begins at the listed time with a horse being auctioned off every 5 minutes until every horse is done. The horses will be listed by age with the 2yo's being auctioned first. If a reserve bid is listed the first bid must be at least equal to the reserve. The highest bidder at the time of close wins the horse. Bids can be raised by any increment but the credits must be available in your account as they will be deducted at time of bid. If your bid is not successful or has been outbid by another party the full amount of your bid will be instantly credited back to your account. Horses cannot be entered into the auction if they are either listed for sale on the "Sales Page" or entered in a race. The fee to sell a horse in the auction is 1000 credits(non-refundable) paid at time of entry or 12% of the final sales price whichever is higher.

Comment

Working...
            X