Does Heartless Racer Kill Bloodline?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Heartless Racer Kill Bloodline?

So I have a couple of horses that come from excellent bloodlines that obviously are lacking heart as racers. Is it worth getting them to 10 in order to retire and breed in the hope that heart skips a generation? Or are they lost causes that will never produce winners?

The way I understand it is that the "digital genetics"...the code...can be different between what a horse inherits for their own traits versus what they inherit that they can pass on. That is why you see some mediocre race horses that are good breeders as wells as outstanding race horses that are duds as breeders. That being said...I still believe that good race horses with solid pedigrees have the best chance of being good breeders. If the bloodlines are there I would give them a try but I would breed them to the best combo race horse/blood lines that I could afford. My 2 cents...probably worth about that much!

Comment

Some of my best breeders have been kin to the champ horses. They couldn't run much but had very good offspring.
      Good luck at the races,
      Eddie

Comment

My best breeders have 3 legs

Comment

Working...
        X