No announcement yet.

Cheap Breeds up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may have been Joey Angel. I vaguely remember his works were very good but didn't do much on the track and failed as a breeder.
    "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

Yes that was the one.

Sorry to conjure up those memories, EGAD.

GL truly Norm, no one deserves it as you do. I am a babbling court jester half the time, when I am not being an immature fool. You are professional and gentleman.

Orb

- Orb Farms

Comment

Meanwhile back to the thread... Got some good ones from Aragon's new breeders. Aragon of Virtue won first up yesterday in a Div race, had Yoooo Varys win a 12K Claimer first up earlier today and I've got Run Don't Walk in the last race tonight. Explosive Missile runs tomorrow I think. Bottom line is to hit Aragon up for more breeds but I doubt that he will part with them for the same price.
        "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

I'm just going to briefly interrupt this love fest to say ... CHEAP BREEDS... cheap breeds here... get em while they're hot!

(S) Daddy Warbucks x5, American Johnny x5

(M) Only Chainti x1, George the Cat x1, Messianica x2, Rose Thorn x1, Smokin Tigress x1, Train To Win x2 & Varys Island x2 remaining. 20 breeds shipped out the door in 3 days!

*coughs* Now you may carry on the love in gents...
          Jason, owner of Aragon Stables operating out of Perth, Australia

Comment

And Chianti is bred out. Gotta be fast!! Rose Thorn too!!
            Last edited by Aragon Stables; 08-10-2017, 09:43 PM. Reason: Rose Thorn bred

Comment

Just bred Rose Thorn to Lego (new yearling is Thorned"), wanted the Geld, as the Colt was unruly, but running:

1:08.78
              1:35.71

Aragon's Messianica Bred to The Money Boom and this yearling stays a colt, running good numbers too, not as fast as the Gelding, but this Aragon stallion is one I originally bred, so I know the good bloodline!

GREAT VALUE, and solid bloodlines.....Maybe I should have kept both as colts, but happier than I could ever have imagined for the price and value!

Thanks Aragon!

Orb
              Last edited by Orb Farms; 08-10-2017, 10:12 PM.
              - Orb Farms

Comment

Just wanted to follow up on the breeding activity that took place over the course of a week or so here as some of the horses have hit the track in the couple of weeks since. In all 29 breeds got used up. There's 12 that have been bred as yearlings and as such haven't been sighted as yet. Of the other 17, 12 have raced as 2 YO's. Here's a break down with the Aragon Stables mare listed, then the offspring :

Crooked Track - Explosive Missile - Came out fast and won an A Div straight up, then a Santa Anita Special. 3 : 2/0/0 $61,610

She Walks The Walk - Ghost Who Walks - 1st and 2nd in D Div races over route distances. 2 : 1/1/0 $16075
                - Run Don't Walk - Placed a TCR and has a 2nd, then a win in a maiden. 3 : 1/1/1 $16256

Short Square - Civic Square - Not showing much on the track. 2 : 0/0/0

Smokin Tigress - Tiger Plex - 2nd in a Maiden, then 2nd in a 10k claimer, both at 1M. 2 : 0/2/0 $5930

Taylorslowestroll - Leave No Greek - 3rd in a Maiden, then wins in a D Div and C Div. 6 : 2/0/1 $27395
                - Leave No Trace - Placed in 2 maidens, a B Div before breaking through in a B Div. 5 : 1/2/1 $24690

Winged Rose - Aragon of Virtue
                - Won 2 D Divs, a Santa Anita Special and ran 2nd in another SA race to Explosive Missile. 4 : 3/0/1 $86145
                - Double Deez - 4 places in high claimers. 4 : 0/3/1 $14852
                - Flighte Naturale - Placed in mid claimers 2 : 0/1/1 $4950

Yoooo Adrian - Yoooo Varys
                - Won 2 mid claimers. 3 : 2/0/1 $7166

You All Are Crooks - Power Crook - 3 straight wins. Maiden, 12k claimer, 49.5k claimer all at 9F. 3 : 3/0/0 $24908

To bullet point :

- 29 total breeds
                - 12 to hit the track so far
                - 12 yearlings still to race
                - 2 horses dining in the big hay shed in the sky

Total Racing Record to Date : 39:15/11/6

Winnings To Date : $289,977 @ $7435 per start

I really enjoyed the breeding side, as much as I've enjoyed the track since coming back, to be honest. I hope the folks who took up breeds enjoyed it also, and at the least, I have some validation that my eye for breeders shows promise. I'll likely do something similar next season also.

Comment

Also following on :

There are still cheap breeds up to sires American Johnny (5), Daddy Warbucks (3) and Liebmans Bronx Ny (5).

Also remaining George The Cat (1), Smokin Tigress (1), Train To Win (1) and Varys Island (2). Rose Thorn, Taylorslowestroll, You All Are Crooks & She Walks The Walk have had new breeds listed at slightly more win-win pricing.

This season's last breed to Crooked Track is up also, Explosive Missile has impressed and some of the yearlings look quality also.

Lastly, I'll be listing some breeders for SALE over the next couple of days at reasonable prices. There's no way I can get all of them bred every season. Keep an eye out!

Comment

New season, new breeds put up. She Walks The Walk, Rose Thorn etc tend to get bred out quickly each time. 2 of each up for now. Crooked Track dropped in price as the seasonal quota has been refreshed. 2 there also.

Have a few cheap sires up for sale also.

Comment

dont forget i owe you a breed Aragon.

Comment

Thanks bud. I do have a list written down heh I'll.send you a PM once I'm home

Comment

3 more offspring of Crooked Track ran first up today, with 2 of them winning their shotgun races. Also, an offspring of Chianti ran a second. 2 breeds of each are currently up.

Comment

Another good night on the track for the Aragon Stables breeding wing.

Leave No Trace (Texas Hold'em x Taylorslowestrol) ran 2nd in the Miracle Mile for 3YO+ fillies. 2 breeds to Taylorslowestrol still up publicly.

And Explosive Missile - Missile Launcher grabbed the 1-2 in the Digital Downs Daily for 3YO+ Colts. Both horses are Honda Civic x Crooked Track. There's 1 more breed to Crooked Track up at this price, then likely 1 more at a higher price before she's done for the season publicly. It should also be noted that Honda Civic ( Trunoble Lodge ) is also up for public breeding and performing very well!

Comment

Working...
                            X