1M Finals and Breeders Cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1M Finals and Breeders Cup

Is it normal for the Finals to be on the same day as the Breeders Cup races. I think it has a negative affect on both races and deprives our horses of running both. My point is, anyone wanting to drop out of the Final 1M that's not sure of its standings could run the BC instead knowing the tough competition is in the finals giving his horse a better chance of a stake race win. These races are one time chances for most horses and should be scheduled for the horse to take full advantage of racing in both. JMHO whats yours? WCR

correct

Comment

Just a matter of timing WCR. I try not to do it if at all possible. but when trying to fit 5 finals into a period of 3 weeks or less and trying to keep 5 days separating them so that there is no conflict of horses who make multiple finals. In that past I had tried to put a route finals closer to a sprint final, but as soon as I do that there's always a horse that ends up making both finals. I think there was even an incident a few seasons ago where a horse made the Dash Series and the Route finals and they were both set to run on the same day. So now to be safe I just separate them as much as possible. . This is why there are only two 1 mile breeder cup races. One for colts and one for fillies at the 1M distance instead of 5 races. So that hopefully those races will fill as well with a majority of the top horses running in the championship races.
      ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
      Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
      https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Thanks for trying to explain Dog. I guess my confusion was seeing the Route Finals started Aug, 13th, 4 Days later was the Sprint Finals Aug, 17th, then 14 Days later came the Classic Finals, a difference of 10 Days and the reason 48 1M final horses have to miss the BC races and if you add the 48 consolation horse the total is 96 horses that miss the BC. Anyone with a horse in the consolation race would be better off scratching and running the BC if his horse is good enough.
        Maybe next season having the Route Finals start Aug, 7th would give you an extra 6 Days to fit these races and move back the Classic Finals.
        I wouldn't wish your job on anyone and understand how hard it must be, I'm just trying to help. The Qs, Finals and BC races are the back-bone of the racing game.

Comment

I'll do my best for the December finals to get the Classic earlier. Have to consider the Create Challenge finals as well as there are horses that can make the finals in those and the regular as well. Working on the qualifiers schedule now so will know something in a few days when that is finished.
          ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
          Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
          https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

The Finals aren't big enough to have consolation races. Not sure why we run these races it only takes away funds for the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Greeko Holdem View Post
              The Finals aren't big enough to have consolation races. Not sure why we run these races it only takes away funds for the finals.

I would agree...the Consolation races don't have that big of purses. Horses good enough for them can find purses that good elsewhere anyway. I say do away with the cosolations and make the finals bigger.

Comment

It would probably have the knock on effect of getting a few more horses to run extra Qualifiers if there's no Conso race to fall back on as they push to make the Top 12. In its current state, I think this would be a plus also
                Jason, owner of Aragon Stables operating out of Perth, Australia

Comment

What they said!

Comment

I agree too. If there must be Consolation Finals, then they should run for BCs which would have no pull on the Finals purses.
                    "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

Agree with most. And Totally agree with Norm.

Comment

I swear these topics just get rehashed over and over again. This has been suggested countless times. Boring.
                        Doing is the best way of saying

Comment

Originally posted by Buddha Farms View Post
                          I swear these topics just get rehashed over and over again. This has been suggested countless times. Boring.

Do you feel better now Buddha? Take a pill bud, Relax,,,,lol Might be boring to you, but if you read the post you will see Dog is trying to fix it. I don't find that boring, I call it progress my friend.

Comment

Working...
                          X