Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon!

New features or data coming soon

Horse Grade - overall grade assigned to a horses profile. This will allow for the ability to separate classes of horses if need be. Experimental implementation.
    Grade A
    Grade B

If a horse at 1.09.15 at 6F can race with other horse in the same grade more horses will be race-able. Also, some tough decisions will need to be made when gelding. Will you geld a top end Grade B in an attempt to make it a Grade A? Maybe it becomes a Grade A but a low end Grade A. Would of had more success and ROI as Grade B. Many options here with contests and races and can even run all grades together.
    Preferred Weight
    We will show the preferred race weight of a race horse
    Allows for better race placement
    Allows for better career planning
    Allows for extended race careers specifically for 4yo and up race cardsHorse
    Stakes Wins ​​​​​​
    Track stakes wins by horse like we do stables
    Allows us to schedule future events & races based on these stats or standings.
    Improvements on Meet Racing
    Points standings automated
    Defined points structure based on race types
    Claimers
    Allowance
    Maiden
    Open
    Bloodlines / Creates - needs to be re-branded.
    This area is our weakest link when we compare ourselves to the competition, attempt to gain new membership and attract casual horse racing fans. Can anyone tell me what a create is if they registered today? Where the marketing opportunity is with using creates for trying to gain membership? I could go on and on with this one and show you in countless ways how this is underutilized and directly related to +/- site growth and retention.

I think many of you know I am a supporter and protector of stable brood stock and I will continue to do so 100%. However, the marketing and new stable needs are a priority for long term sustainable success. That is why we are in the discovery phase of building a real life horse racing sire and mare database to use instead of sire = create & mare = create. All we will do is replace the name create with an actual sire or mare. It is exactly the same as we do now...we just don't give it a name. The chance of pulling a new yearling from the sales ring with Smarty Jones as the Sire and Zenyatta as the mare creates instant value and excitement. This is just an example. These bloodlines will then trickle into your own brood sheds as creates do now.

There will be 3 options to obtain a horse.
    1. Private or public breeding - exists
    2. Create a new bloodline - exists
    3. Purchase Horse - Auto generated horse with real life historical bloodlnes. Auto Gen horses will not over power brood stock. Think of them like existing creates with a name.

Bottom line is we can not continue to rely on existing members to dictate what options are available to new members. Currently new members need a horses. They have none besides the free horses when registering. We currently limit new member options to either buying creates or using a more often then not...mediocre public stallion or mare.

There are 7,256 sires and mares with breeds left sitting in stables right now. However there are only 10 mares and 23 sires listed on the public breeding page for other members and new members to choose from. Thats 0.0045% breeders available. No one can tell me this is good for the site. Also...no one can tell me that retired horses need more breeds available. That is an entirely separate disaster and bastardization.

I like to share what we are cooking up in the future and I type this in a good mood with smiles incase my words come across differently. Don't kill me in here with the responses.

On the road to 100 active stables.............
    Last edited by Administrator; 01-25-2020, 10:28 AM.
Working...
X