Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breeding Options For New Season Please Vote.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeding Options For New Season Please Vote.

We are looking at ways to improve the morning glory issues .

1. Breed yearlings like last season, They will be discounted to 5k breed fee with Vet,DD sup,and horseshoes 1k . This will allow you
    to get more horses and be able to handle the morning glory issue . We will also add a little extra to the Maiden Shotguns.No Eliminator
    or Maiden Million.

2. No Yearlings . Breed 2yo only ( sorry Greeko no 3yo) . We will have the Maiden Million for 2yo that have not raced and will turn 3yo
    at the start of season . We will also run the Eliminator for any 2yo that turns 3yo next season . We will push back the Maiden Shotguns
    for 2 weeks . This will give you a chance to breed 2yo for Maiden Shotguns and championships .

They both have good points and bad points . Feel free to give us some constructive feedback,and please vote . Thanks
    Discounted Yearlings
    44.44%
    No Yearlings
    55.56%
    Admin.

We might run the Eliminator for all 2yo who turn 3yo with option 1.
    Admin.

Comment

Every season I breed less yearlings and wait for the new season to breed 2 year olds... I recommend no yearlings this season... allow 2 weeks like you said in new season for maiden shotguns but focus on older horses first 2 weeks.

Late 2 year old breeding has worked charms.. maybe we can focus on those late 2 year olds that are bred late this season for the new season as 3 year olds to build up some season earnings so they have a chance at the Derby etc.

First 2 weeks could be stakes races that build up to the derby... like Florida stakes.. Sunland derby
      .. Santa Anita derby Etc. Etc..

Comment

I don't know which way to vote, as my concern is more towards horses who win added money allowance and MSW races "bang-bang" in their first two races, in big fields, with both wins by daylight, and then cannot snag a win at $12k, $6k, $3k, or even $1k in the ensuing 4 races...... This is a huge and perhaps the "Primary" concern for me, and should garner more attention - longevity of horses. I am running this very example 12 times, with 12 horses, most of which will get claimed and probably have a good age change and prosper......but to fall so tragically after every option, race right away, rest them for 10 days, change adds, change equip, geld, don't geld, longer, shorter distance, and still the same phenomenon.

I wish the new owners of these horses the best in the age change.....They will likely all turn out well for you eventually, I just cannot understand the drop......I guess I am thinking too much like real horse racing......A horse that ran 2nd to American Pharoah would probably win a $1k claimer at Penn National or Fairmount Park.

Back to the topic at hand, I always liked yearlings, as it truly emulates real racing.....but this poll sort of "concedes" that horshoes did not fix the yearling problem, or I am mistaken? It seems to have worsened the morning glory issue, and I only say this with the best of intentions.

I loved yearlings, I spent a TON on them, the excitement is amazing if we can get it right!

Only the best intentions, and I am here for the long haul, so long as we continue to attempt to perfect what is already better than any other online horse racing game,

Regards,
        Orb
        - Orb Farms

Comment

Originally posted by Orb Farms View Post
          I don't know which way to vote, as my concern is more towards horses who win added money allowance and MSW races "bang-bang" in their first two races, in big fields, with both wins by daylight, and then cannot snag a win at $12k, $6k, $3k, or even $1k in the ensuing 4 races...... This is a huge and perhaps the "Primary" concern for me, and should garner more attention - longevity of horses. I am running this very example 12 times, with 12 horses, most of which will get claimed and probably have a good age change and prosper......but to fall so tragically after every option, race right away, rest them for 10 days, change adds, change equip, geld, don't geld, longer, shorter distance, and still the same phenomenon.

I wish the new owners of these horses the best in the age change.....They will likely all turn out well for you eventually, I just cannot understand the drop......I guess I am thinking too much like real horse racing......A horse that ran 2nd to American Pharoah would probably win a $1k claimer at Penn National or Fairmount Park.

Back to the topic at hand, I always liked yearlings, as it truly emulates real racing.....but this poll sort of "concedes" that horshoes did not fix the yearling problem, or I am mistaken? It seems to have worsened the morning glory issue, and I only say this with the best of intentions.

I loved yearlings, I spent a TON on them, the excitement is amazing if we can get it right!

Only the best intentions, and I am here for the long haul, so long as we continue to attempt to perfect what is already better than any other online horse racing game,

Regards,
          Orb
          I'm with you on this one Orb. I don't know which way to vote either or maybe I just feel like neither really makes any difference. I agree that I think this concedes that the horseshoes did not help the morning glory issue. Lone's comment on the yearlings option would indicate that the new "fix" for the morning glory issue is to buy more horses so that even though you will get the same % of MG's you also can get more non-MG's because you have more horses. If you breed 5 horses and get 3 MG then now just breed 10 and you'll still get 6 MG but now you have 4 instead of 2 non-MG. (percentages may not be right it's just a relative example). I think the real issue is this...Lone has made the statement before that the training code and race code are completely different...if they aren't linked in some way then how can it ever be expected that good works mean good racing? One has nothing to do with the other. The codes should be linked in a way where quality horses work good times and mediocre horses work somewhat slower times instead of 8 or 9 out of 10 horses working sub 1:09 when most will not run to their works. I'm not saying all horses should be 100% predictable. There should still be morning glories without heart as well as horses with heart that outrun their training but as it is now there is no correlation between training and racing if the codes are completely separate.

I also agree that another concern is a horse that runs 2nd to American Pharoah that can't subsequently beat $1K claimers. That horse in real life would daylight $1K or $10K claimers. Again I think the issue is in the programming. Lone has stated before that there are lots of factors that go into a race winner being determined...post, instructions, jock selection, etc., etc., etc. in addition to the horse's talent & heart. My feeling is that all those other factors carry too much weight in the programming. Talent & heart should be the main factors with instructions being the 3rd main factor and the rest of the factors should only tweak the results between horses of the same relative class level. If that were the case here then a horse who runs 2nd to an American Pharoah type would daylight cheap claimers as they should even with the worst jock and the worst post position but we all know that doesn't happen here.

Lastly I'll comment on the longevity (or lack there of) issue. I won't go as far as some and say this is only a 2yo site but I will say it is mainly a 2yo/3yo race site. Very few horses go on to race past 3 and they usually regress very quickly. I know Lone has stated that too many are retired early for breeding instead of racing longer but I disagree. There are ample number of geldings that could race beyond 3 but drop off too quickly to be useful especially since they have to run against 2yo & 3yo...rarely ever is there a race for 4yo+. There are exceptions that race at 4 and beyond but most regress too quickly with the 4yo age change. I understand that breeding is the main revenue generator for the site and that shortened race lives increases the need to breed more horses so I'm not expecting a change in this but it is one of the main reasons I choose to stay a small stable and it has influenced the way I operate my breeding program.

Sorry for the long winded post...
          just my 2 cents!

Comment

i lean toward no yearlings and I think the maiden shotguns should run for 8 weeks. I breed 2yo til the halfway point of the season

Comment

Just think about having 3 year old breeding... I know Lone shuts down my theory every time.

But imagine what it would do with the older horses.. 3 & 4 year old racing would be so much healthier...

Comment

Don't think I like the idea of no yearlings, I think it will slow down the breeding on the site. What do we do the first day of the season, no 2 yo racing, makes no sense to me, and maybe I am in the minority, but I don't find an over abundance of morning glory horses, there will always be some, but I feel waiting to breed just 2 tear olds seems counterproductive to me.

I also feel that breeding 3 year olds doesn't make a lot of sense. If someone breeds a monster 3 year old, you don't think they will retire it as soon as possible to improve their breeding stock.

​The answer to keeping horses on the track longer is to create races that are worth entering for older horses.

Burky

STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
                LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
                HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

I voted for no yearlings because I don't want to be tempted to breed any... I can't think of one that has had success for me. The best filly I ever bred(based on workouts) was bred as a yearling and she has yet to win a race... that was the final straw for me.

Comment

I don't like either option.

I would like to vote for option 3...Only yearlings, then everybody is in same boat

Comment

The only good thing I seen come from breeding yearlings was the ability to practice my training skills over and over before they came of age to race. I was instructed by Greeko to breed 50% Yearlings and 50% 2Y old so I would have a larger variety of races to run come age change. I still agree this was a great idea but the yearlings failed at the track even though they had good numbers. No matter how this vote goes, I will refrain from breeding yearlings until I see a change. my vote is no yearlings but a longer time to get my 2Y trained before I race them.

Comment

The main problem that I see is, everyone feels that every horse they breed should be a monster horse, this is not possible. If you set high goals for all of your horses you are bound to be disappointed if they don't perform to your lofty goals. One should be able to tell fairly quickly on the track if a horse is quality or not. I place mine in MSW, if they don't perform as expected I drop them down to maiden claiming, then down to low end claimers until I find a spot where they can compete. I don't waste time or money keeping them in races they can't be competitive in. If you temper your expectations you won't get as upset when a horse underperforms it's workouts.
                        STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
                        LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
                        HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

I cant see why we are voting,Lone you told us the introduction of shoes would mean no more morning glories? have i wasted my time at 2000 credits a go?

Comment

I never said no more morning glories . I would not claim that . I did say we should expect less , the horseshoes were designed to help horses run longer - race count wise and distances .
                            This would help the morning glories issue some , But we will always have morning glories . My goal is to try to get more from every horse who uses the horseshoes . Horse shoes were also not designed to make a huge changes . Any change I make will always be a small % wise . I have added the Multi train where you can pick jockeys and instruction for each horse . This was done to help you check for morning glories .

​My reasoning for asking to vote is to see how we can improve the beginning of the season . Last year we didn't have many 1yo bred . Its not that I do not want to breed 1yo . I just want there to be more horses running . if more then 1/2 the site doesn't breed 1yo then the start of the season will start out slow.

​I have bred 100's of horses as a player to start out the season , and can remember the feeling when a large % didn't do much . I am working on brining more stables to the site . The high expectation of the early season and poor results are the reason many quit . you add how hard the site can be and those 2 problems are what make it hard to keep new stables.

​I am working on a new stable sign up that will make it easier for new players to understand the site . I need fix the morning glory issue without changing to much of the site. It is easy to change 1 thing and it effect 5 other things . All changes need to be carefully done and gradually changed . I would also like for horses to race more races at their peak level of skill . Horseshoes will help with that but again it was only a small change . I am working on it with the programmers . this vote will help me set up next season for the community . Thanks everyone

Admin.

Comment

I vote for yearlings and agree with Burk.. To much is expected IMO from the horses. Its been explained from breeding to horses cycles that they can not be all good... Which we all want... if they where all good hell IMO it still wouldn't be good enough.... . IMO its a game of enjoyment and its ahard game... I have breed a lot of yearlings and only once did I have a problem with yearlings and that was when they had the yearlings race.. Had some beast but when they turned 2 they where dead and it was figured out and fixed IMO but JMO Guys not knocking anyones thoughts....
                              The King Has Spoken

Comment

Working...
                              X