No announcement yet.

TCR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your missing my point, think about the new players trying to figure out way their horse didnt win a 2000 Tr race when it won a Maiden. Not trying to start trouble here, just opening the view of a bigger picture buddy

Comment

Just because Admin did not schedule these open races, it does not equate to them being bad races. ALL SORTS enter these races..... ALL SORTS win and lose them.

They fill, so they are good races. Aside from Norm's valid point about adjustments, I would advise making these EARLY U.S. like the 7AM race line, with 12-24 hour closing.

Orb
      - Orb Farms

Comment

Originally posted by Winner Circle Ranch View Post
        Your missing my point, think about the new players trying to figure out way their horse didnt win a 2000 Tr race when it won a Maiden. Not trying to start trouble here, just opening the view of a bigger picture buddy
        You can say this about any race.. all newbies hardly train and if they do, they think the horse being trained at 109.60 is a good time.

The learning curve here is tough here

Comment

My reply to Lone was not to over do it with TR races, I see no problem with one or maybe two. But 3X 1 1/8 3x6fF 1x7 all at once is to many and takes from the other races trying to be filled.

Comment

Like Orb said these races are for open company but nothing is stopping you from setting some restrictions on the forum when creating the race and announcing. You can even rename the race from TCR to whatever you would like.

Comment

New players are not going to disband over confusion surrounding a TCR. In fact, before they even enter one, they will look to see what a TCR even means. Further, anyone coming on this site as a newbie has guides and help forums galore that depict the logical race sequence, including MSW, MCL, Claiming, or Division, Allowance, and Qualifiers if they succeed.

I don't think a single question has ever been uttered on this forum regarding TCR races being in any way confusing or unfair, much less a bad idea in any way. They can enter if they know what they are doing, or enter somewhere else if they feel more comfortable.

The whole site is for the whole community. We do a LOT for newbies. With the utmost of respect to new stables, The entire GAMBIT cannot be vetted and scrubbed through the lens of a newbie.....and we do this a lot. Someone posted these races, the community at large responded with a resounding "I LIKE THESE RACES", period.

Regards,
              Orb
              - Orb Farms

Comment

oooooooooooooooops
                Last edited by King G Racing; 07-29-2017, 06:06 PM.
                The King Has Spoken

Comment

Ok Orb, I can see this is getting you upset after reading I LIKE THESE RACES period. You say no one has ever uttered a complaint about TR races. Maybe they didnt understand what I have pointed out. NOW they do and we can take it from there. I think all my criticism has merit and only ask it be looked at, not made law. My new suggestion is everyone go create a TR race and Dog can go on Holidays,,,lol Just kidding Dog greeko, good point, create Tr with restrictions just don't fill the board. Orb I love you, stop getting so upset buddy.

Comment

Well glad someone else can make them.. Seems no matter what I do there is a problem I wont make another... Ty
                    The King Has Spoken

Comment

the only problem I have with them is I cant add money to the pot of the race through the create a race page

Comment

You have to ask Admin to do that for you, It takes place of the BC

Comment

yea I get it but I would just like to create the race and add my added money myself. seems like it could be simple to do. just charge my account right then like I entering a race. but oh well

Comment

I think the Q horses running in these races was just because of the off weeks for the TC. Now that the qualifiers are running again I don't think you will see that many in the TCRs. WCR I always use the queue for my horses if the race is over 2 days just because of this. If I see another race that is comparable fill up and I think my horse has a shot I will enter them. The coolest thing about it is your queued race will stay queued even while you are entered in another race and even still after you run it. Now I know it doesn't add numbers to races so other stables will see it and add more because they know the race will go off, but here lately I have been doing a lot of entering 24 hours before just because I ca make sure I get in the races with large fields.

Comment

Further to my post, I am not against TCRs in fact, I like them. But I don't like running horses 'blind'. I can understand setters allowing as little lead-in time as possible to encourage maximum fields but I won't be able to participate in all, just the ones that I know that I will have time to make final adjustments prior to the race. Then again, if fields are filling, whether I enter horses or not, then there is no argument.

Norm
                              "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

WCR you are probably correct, I probably get a little too passionate about it. You absolutely have some valid points.....I was just trying to provide you the big picture side of it. MS Stables made the BEST point perhaps of all.....These were created during the lapse between Qualifiers, stakes races, etc.... Once Qualifiers are back on the docket (tonight and for the remainder of August we have the Finals), the fields will probably be similar to (my best guess) something like D-Division horses, $30k optional Claimers, and young, unproven but promising horses.

Please WCR do not mistake my over-passionate responses as a run on you.....I believe when the Orb's, the Flip Farms, The Greekos, the WCR, and any I miss that have come on the seen in the last 2 Calendar years and made a BIG impact, it is GREAT for the site REGARDLESS of what comes with it. Now, granted, the community has to slap me around a little, when I get occasionally carried away (LOL) and I deserve it, but at the end of the day, you have EVERY right to ask questions, disagree, agree, etc...

If I came across as too harsh (and after re-reading, I surely did), then I do apologize man.....

Best of luck......You are off to a NICE looking stable situation......Take the ups and downs, and I (and I speak for the community without their permission) hope to see you around for many seasons to come!

Take care man,

Orb
                                - Orb Farms

Comment

Working...
                                X