Horseshoes might be helping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horseshoes might be helping

As much as I hate Horseshoes and the fact they were introduced, They actually might be helping.

​Take a look at two examples tell me if Horsehoes have helped???

https://www.digitaldowns.us/new_bree...cc=1&p1=907928
    https://www.digitaldowns.us/new_hors...cc=1&p1=906845

Zakynthos thrashes 1 mile track record and sets a new live mark. Horseshoes anyone???

​The previous record was set 2014 by El Magnifco Wade
    Last edited by Greeko Holdem; 08-03-2017, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Been telling you guys in chat that the shoes gave my horses better times but was told it only shows in training not in a race. I still bought them and even put them on my older horse and seen a difference. wasn't much some times but every little bit helps win a race.

Comment

there may have been a difference but there is no real reference for ither of those horses. they are both stakes horses running and winning big races. so I am not saying they didn't make a difference I just don't see how you could tell without reference points along the way. nice win btw, very impressive. IMO I have been working horses with and without them and I have raced with and without them but I see no difference at all. in either except the occasional gate speed decline of maybe .05 or less. But hey revenue for the site I enjoy is not a total bad thing.
        Last edited by Winning420; 08-04-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

There is another thing that you will not notice individually ,but over all your horses will be able to stay on the track longer . That and next months new weights couple add a few more races to your horse racing career. Now maybe instead of 33 races your horse will be able to race 37 times . Thanks and Good Luck
          Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Star Stables View Post
            There is another thing that you will not notice individually ,but over all your horses will be able to stay on the track longer . That and next months new weights couple add a few more races to your horse racing career. Now maybe instead of 33 races your horse will be able to race 37 times . Thanks and Good Luck
            My understanding was that this is the purpose of the magic shoes. They help take less toll from a horses races but they don't improve a horses performance in races. Also supposed to see a reduction in morning glories but I havent seen that.

Comment

l have 6 horses in my stable all of them l had to take the horse shoe off because it was not working at all so l will not botter with that horse shoe shit lmo no more . lmo it's a wast of money and time with the horse shoe

Comment

Q did u put them on the right way? if Not They run backwards... FYI......
                The King Has Spoken

Comment

What happens BEST with horseshoes is nothing we see. My best guess is the I.T. Department was able to add race longevity to the racing code on the back end. This is a non-movable code, or more likely a something like a multi-faceted dependent code (it affects other attributes by messing with the original program code), so the original programmers did not leave this open for editing in the code, or perhaps it is too complicated or embedded in other conditions of the race engine.....

So, the only way to improve longevity is to ADD a new code, like "adding" +2.5 to perhaps 5.5 on a scale of 1-100 as a NEWLY-added race code addition. The programmers DID leave open the possibility to ADD to the racing code, but modifying existing code is a "1 step forward, 2 steps back" trial and error, and only that trial and error (as we have seen in the past) can determine if stuff worked. Thus, the BEST and most logical move is PRECISELY what Lone did, he probably got advice from his IT and collaborated with his own views, and ADDED a NEW code layer - Horseshoes are what we see, but they are nothing more than a code addition, some call a PATCH, and they HELP us ALL!!!!

Workouts get better, and the interesting thing is that horseshoes can show a better workout code improvement depending on how you layer, or better said, "introduce" your adds and medications to a new horse.

Please also keep in mind perspective, need, and TIME. The race engine was built at a "startup company" perspective. Horse Longevity, or having 90% Billy's Royal Plan running 119 races in 2007-2008 [the game's infancy] would be counterproductive economically to ANY business. First, 99.9999% of REAL horses do not run 119 races. Maybe even 100%! So, Longevity is the balance the original coders needed to strike between economic viability and customer satisfaction. Lone has ENHANCED that with a literal patch, and I think we should probably TRY to keep a few 4-5-6 year old horses and test it out ourselves.

HERE IS THE #1 PROBLEM OR CONFUSION - Horseshoes are already working, but since we cannot see "POOR FORM CYCLES", we believe that many newer horses are "done" after 3 races, or 8 races, etc... I now see the difference. I have 2, 3, and 4 year old horses, and if anything, the "Poor form cycles" have become MORE obvious, helping me TREMENDOUSLY with stable management. This is a VERY complex game......and if we are not HEAVILY invested in trial and error, and not begging Admin to give away ALL of the formulas for success, we might continue to have a vibrant community. So what exactly do I mean here?

How to break out of a poor form cycle? It's the $1 Million Dollar Question, but here are a few examples, all of which could be completely WRONG, or PRECISELY accurate, OR - and this is MY opinion...... There could be a SET of 5-7 or even 10 "breakout methods" to curtail a run of bad form.

1. Rest - EXTENDED rest.
                  2. Drop in Class and boost morale by stealing a win off recent poor form to boost morale
                  3. Change Tack/Equipment (My #1, and I turn to REAL horses, where trainers (not OWNERS) add blinkers, tongue-tie, Geld AFTER they run poorly several times, etc...)
                  4. Change distance - Route to sprint, sprint to Route, it's EASY for you and me to change our mentality when we run the 100 Meter dash in high school, and then the Gym teacher asks us to run a MILE. A horse doesn't understand this ahead of time LOL! This is something that Instructions are given from trainer to Jockey, but a few pieces of leather and a bridal are all we have to try to convey this to a horse! Some horses need a race (or three) to ADJUST.
                  5. Run a TIMED workout, to see if there is a dramatic change in splits, final times, etc...
                  6. Experiment and research w/ jockeys, and [especially for your older horses], understand who got the MOST out of your horse. I have one horse who LOVES Johnny-V, but I get Ms. Sutherland or Mr. Ortiz up, and she runs like hell. Johnny-V is on the heavy side for a jock, but she runs well for him!
                  7. Know your competition relative to Gate Draw on race day. I think this is the most important thing on the MICRO, single-race level that most of us FAIL to inspect, prior to a race. If I draw post 4 at 6F, and I use Jockey Decides OR PUSH, I do not expect that I am going to automatically tuck in the rail, behind "the wall of 1-2-3", if I see that the horses in Gates 2 and 3 are for example, a slow starter and a fast starter.....I am in a tough spot, as the horse in Gate 1 will likely push out early and THEN settle, and horses 2 and 3 may have instruction, but their gate speed factor could allow for horses OUTSIDE of me to front me before the turn, forcing me wide. This is just one of 100's of examples.....WE cannot always know, and maybe we can NEVER know with 100% certainty, but we CAN make logical inferences, and at least gain the "best potential outcome" based on past performances. Many horses are won in the first and 2nd splits.

Anyway, Long post, my apologies....... But I wanted to say THANKS for the option [remember, this is an option to purchase horseshoes].

***These are my thoughts, and not founded in fact, but sheer theory" ***

My best,

Orb
                  Last edited by Orb Farms; 08-05-2017, 08:59 AM.
                  - Orb Farms

Comment

Working...
                  X