Breed 2 Horses ,Get 1 Free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breed 2 Horses ,Get 1 Free

If you breed 2 horses this weekend you will get 1 free breed . Pm me or post after you bred 2 . Thanks and Good Luck

Admin.

Ends Sunday Night 23:59 .
    Admin.

Comment

Last Auction bought Gratecko can't wait to breed him,,,,,But want an answer on why our 4Y olds only have fair weights in low claimers of 3000 to 12000, after that they have to race 2 and 3y olds,,,WHYYYY? I retired most of my 4Y olds, but still want an answer.

Comment

4 yo and up are either lower claimers or stake horse who get to race in Qualifiers and stake races every week . Most trainers retire 4yo to breed which hurts the 4yo race card . We have to combine the 4yo with other ages to help them get to 10 races for average 4yo horses . If the horse is a stake type horse they will find enough races with the qualifiers and stake races . Most races are lower claimers which helps the 4yo race card .

​example there are 300 4yo who can race lower claimers ,so they will fill more often .
        ​there are 50 average 4yo who can race in 4yo races
        ​there are 50 stake 4yo .

​there are many more who will race 4yo stake horses vs 4yo average horses .

We are trying to limit the races to make sure more races go off . If we add 300 4yo only races that will effect the other races and now the 2yo + will not go off and the 4yo only will also not go off.

​Again you can request any 4yo race and we will add it ( it has to be specific , we added some routes races like you ask for ) . or you can create a 4yo race

Admin.

Comment

You talk out of both sides of your mouth. You told us the reason our horses hit the wall so early is because we retire them to early, that the longer a breeder can race it will pass that on to its offspring. Then you give us no races. Sorry Dog, I'm not listening to your shit no more, I think you just make it up as it goes! Are you admitting a horse is done at 3Y?

Comment

I don't necessarily think you have it quite right, with all due respect WCR.

A horse is PREDETERMINED to be successful over a long career, or it is PREDETERMINED to NOT be successful for a long career......However, for those that SEEM to want to run into their 5th and 6th years, Lone stated the best path forward.

By simply running a horse that stops winning and showing success - especially high-level success, after 15 races, just to get them to 30 or 40 races....in hopes of passing on longevity is not how it works as I understand it. This is established when the horse is born.

***One caveat to this - MANY horses are predisposed to have MUCH longer careers than say 12 races......But, they hit a "form cycle", or the owner misses out on a horse's preference......and suddenly a horse seems to tank......swirling down to the lowest rungs and the DREADED GELD for the boys....... I would say this is VERY difficult to assess, but not impossible by any stretch. I believe that 15-17 days of re-defining 3-4 timed workouts experiments will reveal that perhaps the horse does NOT want a tongue tie, or maybe it wants the TT only at 9F and out. OR, the horse enjoyed success as a router, but now likes a mile, or vice versa. I believe perhaps a FEW horses evolve a LITTLE.....but most of this is the product of NOT being caught during the valuable ULT time when the horse is born. Chart out and write in the notes a Top 1 thru 4 distances, and make SURE you know it's gate speed, style, try a few jocks before and during its career, try ALL combinations that are similar in timed ULT workouts....etc... ***

In closing, SEVERAL horses have 12 races in them, and perhaps 5-10 races if Gelded. However, with proper training and experimentation, even adapting and altering things on race day, I believe the number of 10-race horses are MUCH fewer than we probably think. I think the single most UNDER-ANALYZED factor is the quality of competition we face in a race. I ALWAYS go back and see if the other horses came out of my race and fared well. This is perhaps one of the most VALUABLE tools for REAL thoroughbred handicappers.....BARELY mentioned [if ever] here. Not only this, but I look for possible excuses, everything.

The end result is my 4 year old and 5 year old breeders seem to be faring better than those who reach 3 yrs old and get retired to breed. Again, only a personal observation, but I do not have enough data to postulate or theorize just yet.

Towers of Orb was a nanosecond from the "RETIRE TO BREED" button, due to a bad showing....Since then I ran some experimental changes/adjustments, and he seems to be the mighty sprinter that won him prize money in a sprint final 2nd place finish in the DEEP 3 year old circuit last season. Clearly I thought he was FINISHED. I might be fortunate to keep him running until he is 6+, if I continue to do my part as his TRAINER and owner.

Best of luck my friend,
            Orb
            Last edited by Orb Farms; 10-08-2017, 10:16 AM.
            - Orb Farms

Comment

I agree with Orb...I think...if I understand him correctly...LOL
              The fact that you might race a horse 40 or 50 times until they are 4,5 or 6 doesn't make them a better breeder or mean their offspring will be better or race longer. That is genetically predetermined (digitally). A pedigree where horses "hit the wall" at 15 races is most likely going to produce 15 race offspring while a pedigree where horses run 50 races competitively is most likely to produce 50 race offspring. What Lone has tried to say is that since so many horses are retired at 3 to breed then you can't tell what their "race wall" is. A pedigree might produce 50 race horses but if they are all retired at 15 races then you don't know whether they are 15 race or 50 race horses. Lone can't card races for 4yo only and get them to fill just by carding them. Unless the community as a whole decides to race horses longer and stop retiring to breed early then those races will be difficult to fill. Ask for Lone to card a specific race and he will or write a TCR race yourself...advertise it on the forum and see if they fill.

Comment

Thank You Orb and AMRS for trying to help me understand what Lone was saying. I think you guys finally got it through my fat stupid head now. Dog and Lone had me confused because they were explaining two different paths I could take with my 4Y olds but I never fully understood either of them and Like a spoiled little brat I went and retired 90% of my horses. In the future I won't be so gullible and make sure I understand what you guys are saying instead of jumping to conclusions.

Lone, I was going to PM you and apologize, but think you and Dog deserve me to say it here on forum where I made an ass of myself. I'm very sorry to both of you. Hope this helps abit.

Comment

Time to get back into the game, but I'm short on horses for some dump reason,,,,LOL just breed two Lone, how do I get the free one, just breed it and get a refund or wait for a code?

Comment

Good Luck WCR . We will always try to help if we can .
                    Admin.

Comment

No answer to the question? Is a refund given or a code?
                      Doing is the best way of saying

Comment

post here or pm after you breed 2 to recieve code.
                        ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
                        Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
                        https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Lone gave me a refund, so I'm good, but would like to breed two more if the deal still stands?

Comment

I just bred 2

Comment

bred my 2

Comment

Working...
                              X