Free Races are needed for newbies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Races are needed for newbies

I know we've had discussions before about free races for newbies Id like to open this for discussion again.

Why is it we expect these new players to deposit only to leave because the mast majority of them leave the site due to lack of knowledge. Obviously the current system implemented isn't working.

Doesn't everyone new to something need practice racing without hurting their wallet? This game has a learning curve... I just don't understand the reasoning why we don't have these free races or practice races.

​Its not gonna hurt the site, if your scared about the standings we can easily have the big stables not allowed to enter in them.

If I was a new stable I would think twice about making another deposit if I was in the dark.

One suggestion would be when a new stable joins they have a 2 week trial period where they can enter in any race for free other than stake races.
    Last edited by Greeko Holdem; 11-12-2017, 12:04 PM.

A couple of thoughts on this :

a) I believe if new members take part in the tutorial, plus run a race, make a claim and win a race, they end up with something like 4 free horses, 40k in credits and possibly a free breed if I'm not mistaken? You could argue that that's enough to get you through your first few weeks as it is.

b) As it stands we're all only guessing why stables sign up them leave without ever training, or sometimes without ever running, and other stables without ever depositing. It'd be nice if an automated email went out after a new stable hasn't logged in for 48-72 hours or something similar, offering them a friendly hand and pointing them possibly to some good forums posts or to the forum inbox on admin and/or pre-determined veteran stables. If they don't respond to take up that offer then a follow-up email saying thanks for checking us out, hope to see you in the future and an exit survey so that we'd actually then be collecting some data on what is turning people away.

c) From a coding perspective, instead of tagging people as a new kind of new, and having the entry page recognise that, and possibly have people not be around in their first few weeks much to utilise it, you could maybe make entry tokens and give new stables x number of entry tokens to use instead of credits. Like Greeko says you could possibly have tiers for regular races, stakes, champs etc. Not too many as to be a pain though. That would also give you more small prizes to possibly attach to races and contests etc etc. Champ Qualifiers with credits plus a Champ entry token possibly might become more popular, who knows.

Thanks for the post Greeko
    Jason, owner of Aragon Stables operating out of Perth, Australia

Comment

Free races used to exist for all new members. They ended up being extremely difficult to fill races with enough new members wanting to race for free, and eventually were simply removed from the card.

Comment

Working...
      X