Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Chump

it's sat in my stable!!!
    Shocking testimony of the morning glory issue on this site!!

Please explain, I just bred a horse with the best times Iv'e ever seen, but lost her first race.

Dirt fst 1 3/8m 47.81 1:12.65 2:17.95 1 1 1 1 Sutherland C(S) LV 118 hs

Comment

All stables have examples of horses with great workout times that don't quite live up to expectations on the track.

Not all of them continuously whine about them though!

Comment

I dont wine,I state facts,and certainly not continously as I hardly ever post.

Comment

This game is tough to master, I think everyone has had a potential monster in their barn only to discover it's not that great on the track.

Workout Times are a guide to what you may have on the track but what you may have as a breeder is far more important in the long run.

Don't be discouraged WW or WCR , look at the bright side you may have a monster breeder on your hands. That's more important then any horse on the track.

Comment

If you are running workouts on RELAX at longer distances, especially 1 3/8, LOTS of horses run crazy good numbers....If your horse ran that time on PUSH, then that would be a HUGE morning glory. I would bet a LOT that your workout was on relax, but only you and Admin truly know.

I NEVER gauge potential success on RELAX on longer workouts, or even at a mile, as these can be TREMENDOUS misconceptions about ability.

Hope this helps,

Orb
            - Orb Farms

Comment

I'm sorry Dragon feels I was whining, but just thought I would reply to WW and show him he isn't alone. If this is considered whining then I guess we are not to discuss how our horses run here, I myself like to hear Im not alone when I get a horse that runs way below its training. But I'll keep it to myself is that's how it works here.
              I agree Greeko, and will work with this horse to get the 10 race limit for breeding, Thanks.
              Orb, I know what your saying about using relax on route horses especially after geld, but this is a mare from excellent background and the time I post shows I ran her on steady. Here is what she runs on Push.

Dirt fst 1 3/8m 47.01 1:11.69 2:18.46 1 1 1 1 Sutherland C(P) LV 118 hs
              Dirt fst 1 3/8m 47.81 1:12.65 2:17.95 1 1 1 1 Sutherland C(S) LV 118 hs

Thank you for you tips guys I forgot to show the split: Dirt fst 6.0f 22.57 45.55 1:08.68/Split=23.13 1 1 1 1 Sutherland C(P) LV 118 hs

Wcr Beauty And Beast
              Last edited by Winner Circle Ranch; 11-19-2017, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Thanks ....morning Glory

I have MANY....Come to think of it, I don't think I mentioned it once this season.....I just consider it a part of the game I dislike, and move on.

Orb
                - Orb Farms

Comment

WCR, Beauty and Beast...
                  Not my business but if I may add.
                  I see one race with a possible disadvantage. She probaby would have won from a outside post. Maybe not even a 1 1/2mile horse.
                  She has insane numbers at 1 3/8 and 1 1/4 .... which you have not tried yet. don't give up on her.

Comment

WCR I would agree with Chrisman. I saw this horses breeding and works and was surprised that my horse won the race but it could be a simple case the 1 1/2 is just too far. My big mare finished third in the Belmont tonight she just cant seem to get the 1 1/2 or 6f but she is pretty good at everything in between. So give her a race at a middle distance I have a feeling she will rebound.
                    Good luck at the races,
                    Eddie

Comment

Thanks Chrisman and Taylor, your opinions are very much appreciated. I have fell into a rut thinking a horse is judged by it's first race. I blame it on to many geldings, and using them as a pattern. This horse has great numbers from 6F all the way to 1 3/8, I will take your advise and find her sweet spot. thanks again for giving me hope.
                      Maybe this will work for Winning Ways horse to, best of luck to all. Thanks again. WCR

Comment

Take a look at Tarynsfinalpresent broke his maiden in 6th try. Later won the 2yr old sprint final. Now his offspring have almost won 2 million and his best son's offspring has 20 stakes wins and over 2 million in earnings. Moral of story don't give up too soon on the ones you think might turn out good.

Comment

Hey, Chrisman and Taylor, you guys were right, I put her in the 1 1/4 Q race and she won with a time of 202.62 11/26/17-B31 No morning glory here thank God. Thanks again for the tips.

Comment

Nice race WCR - the 12f race is tough distance and is why its so hard to get a Triple Crown winner . Maybe you will try the 12f with different instructions see how that effects your horse . Instruction of jockey is one of the most underrated part of racing . Good Luck
                            Admin.

Comment

Nice win WCR, I had a feeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X