X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Race To 6000

1 Taylorandtaryn 30560/5806/5649/5539 89424590 19.00
    2 Trunoble Lodge 28258/5730/5224/5202 73586893 20.28
    We will give a 50k bonus to the first trainer to 6000 wins ... on the bonus side pick who you think will win 6000 first . Norm or Eddie . if your horses gets to 6000 first you will get a 10k bonus . Post who you think wins . No editing and picks must be made by Sunday 23:59

Good Luck you 2..
    Admin.

This should not take too long, as the top 3 barns are winning at a Huge percentage over the last 45 days.......and their combined PM Race card + Stakes + Division win percentage is flirting with 50% in aforementioned 6-7 weeks..... They are winning WAY MORE Races, when we don't consider the midnight races and early card, and only count the bigger races.

I believe TNT, Trunoble, and Greeko are really a force this season,with occasional wins from other barns using their "best 1-2 horses"....but this Trio has the PM and stakes card on "Virtual Lock-down when I look back through the Digital Downs Calendar rolling 45-days of PM race cards (some days did not have PM racing).

Let's be honest - it's a real tribute to Norm, Eddie, and John's success with breeding, race placement, and knowledge.

We have our work cut out for us, as these three have really impressed me this season, even with basically ALL 3 of them changing up their strategy - hats off and take a bow gentlemen!

My pick - I believe Norm has the Firepower RIGHT NOW, but TnT is breeding up a yearling and juvenile barn to prepare to challenge ALL takers for the new season.

With my calculations, Eddie will reach 6,000 wins on January 21st, and Norm will hit the magic 6,000 on January 27th (about 6 days later).

TnT wins by 24, with the following score: TnT 6000 ----- Trunoble 5976

Good luck Norm chasing Eddie, and best of luck to you as well Eddie!

Orb
    - Orb Farms

Comment

Got to go with my fellow old timer and pick Norm. We old farts have to stick together.
      STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
      LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
      HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

With hat in hand and on bended knee I bow to both of these gentlemen for their hard work and accomplishments, I consider both mentors and a great asset to Digitaldowns. I watch them both and have to admit when Eddie decided to go small stable he set off an alarm and had me thinking he knew something I didn't about this game and where it was going. To my surprise he still helped fill our racing cards with what seemed to be a bottomless pit of horses. I think he holds the record for horses claimed from him, Iv'e seen him lose 8 horses in one day to claims and have 8 more ready to race the next day. This might be part of his strategy, for this man holds no fear to claims and races his horse where they have the best chance to win.
        I believe Eddie will (NO HAS) set the bar for small stables, and for this reason and others is my pick for hitting the 6000 mark first. Best of luck to both, there is no loser here!

Comment

No matter who wins this these are unquestionably two fabulously run stables by two incredible gentlemen and they both deserve all the accolades and more that can be heaped upon them. Both have the fire power to win...yes even though Eddie went small stable he still has the fire power because he'll run every horse in his stable 3 times a week...lol.

My prediction would be that the race will end sometime during the first week of February and it will be close!!!
          Eddie wins...6000 to 5989

Good luck to both of you guys...this should be fun to watch.

Comment

Oh yes, great competitors Eddie, Norm. Maximum respect for their game and contribution to the site well being.

I think Norm is a total winning wrecking machine now and will just keep winning. He will slow a little top of next season, then pick up the pace greatly (watch Greeko and Foggydan next season)
            Eddie, went small but still rake in the wins. How he starts next season (size wise) will determine the outcome. He is winning the lion share of stakes races now and I think he will still lean more in that direction...

So, I taking Norm to get to 6000 first. by just 10 wins.
            Still, if it's gonna be that close, I should take Eddie?

It could be a tie.
            I will go with a tie...

My pick is Norm...
            Last edited by Chrisman; 12-11-2017, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Norm will catch Eddie in the shadows of the post

Comment

I think Norm will squeak by at the end.
                Doing is the best way of saying

Comment

Tough to split 2 legends, but in a pinch, I'd say Norm gets there if only because every time I speak to him he seems to be wheeling new horses out of the shed. It's possible he's secretly cracked cloning.

Congratz to you both.
                  Jason, owner of Aragon Stables operating out of Perth, Australia

Comment

By far I dont want to take anything away from Eddie but I'm going to be that guy that points out Norm is probably responsible for 25% of Getting Lucky Lodge's wins if not more. Nearly all of Super Stable not to mention his original Thunder Downunder stable Just a testament to how much he has been a part of this site since shortly after its creation.
                    ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
                    Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
                    https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Wow Eddie, I'm your lone punter........Not that I don't have more respect for Norm (or TnT for the that matter) than I do for just about anyone on the PLANET.......I just did the mathematical way.......

In the end, you are all correct - 2 guys we ALL get to race against, and when we DO occasionally BEAT them, remember the moments when you beat them in a big race, because you will reflect on how you beat one of the RARE 4-5 HALL OF FAMERS in this decade-old (or more) game!

CHERISH your wins and your talks with these two.....Class, Savvy, Skill, Demeanor....Site Role Models.

Orb
                      Last edited by Orb Farms; 12-10-2017, 08:57 AM.
                      - Orb Farms

Comment

Originally posted by Orb Farms View Post
                        Wow Eddie, I'm your lone punter........
                        Orb
                        I think you missed that both WCR and I have also picked Eddie

Comment

Hmmm guess i will pick Norm

Comment

Originally posted by And More Racing Stable View Post

I think you missed that both WCR and I have also picked Eddie
                            My bad....Seemed like Eddie was getting no love LOL.

Like someone else said, no one loses here though!

Orb
                            - Orb Farms

Comment

After the midnight races
                              TNT 5970
                              Norm 5945
                              Norm on a streak of 7 days with 3 or more wins. 2 already today. Norm may not be trying but I'm entering everything I got ready every day. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X