New Season =- Reset and Unlimited Training --

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Season =- Reset and Unlimited Training --

This Season we will reset all horses and allow 24 hours of unlimited training of all horses .....

​Happy New Years .
    Admin.

I like this idea, last season I trained most of my horses before entering them in a race so it took 3 days to retrain them to race, made for a very slow start. The unlimited training will make a huge difference in filling the early cards and help me check my claimers. Going to be a long 24 hours. I love this, Thanks Lone

Comment

great move.

Comment

Unlimited training not working.
        STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
        LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
        HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

It should in a bit . have programmers working on it . if they don't get it done in the next hour we wi extend another day . thanks
          Admin.

Comment

Its working for me but there might be a problem, every horse so far has Improved with crazy good numbers, to good to be true, and with added weight. Is there a glitch?
            01Jan18 Calder DD Dirt fst 1 3/8m 47.96 1:12.83 2:17.81 1 1 1 1 Sutherland C(S) BLV 122 hs

Comment

Seems to working ok . That is a 5 year old you should train at 124 or might even do it at 126 .Thanks
              Admin.

Comment

Thanks Lone, Your right and I found a couple now that didn't improve so I'm very excited now. It will be fun seeing what horses will make it back to the track and what ones will be retired breeders or shot. thanks for checking this, i didn't want to train all my horses to find a pot of fools gold,,,lol,,,if you know what I mean. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Comment

it was always my understanding that there was no age change between 3yo and 4yo. I thought it was only for yearlings and 2yo's. Then I was told to train 3 yo's same as 2yo since that's how the races are weighted. Could somebody please clear this up for me and the other newbs. What should I be training weightwise for 3 and 4yo colts and fillies. Thanks.

Comment

There is an Age change every year - I would train a 3yo at 122 and 4yo at 124 .The Workout code is different then the race code . So by training at these weights will help you compare the numbers to 2yo WO times that are the most common reference we have.

​for example a 2yo runs at 1.09.00 at 120 is better then a 3yo running 1.09.00 at 120

​but if the 3yo ran 1.09.00 at 122 they would be close if it ran a 1.09.00 at 124 he would be better then the 2yo .

​there is a 2lb average difference between Fillies and Colts and 2lb difference Age for every year . Its not exactly 2lb ,but close enough to give you and idea .

​Also some age change is caused by the added weight they have to race with . If we ran all races at 118 no matter sex or age the older horses would dominate . That is one reason we lowered the weights of 3yo . It gives them more life time races before they hit the wall . The horseshoes also add to the lifetime and distances horses should be able to run .

​of course all horses are different so please keep that in mind when trying to see how it aged . The timed WO will help you judge age change effect . if you have 10 3k claimers and they were pretty even you could race them and if one dominated the rest you have a good age change . Also if one just could not come close then you had bad age change .

There is a lot of grey area so please keep that in mind . There is a lot of information here and I hope it helps everyone understand a bit more .
                    Admin.

Comment

Good question Foggy, Normally I would train all my 3y at 120 because most races that will be their weight and i would only have one train to test him. but with the unlimited training I try added weight at least once to see if the horse can take advantage of allowance races. Lone changing the weight for 3Y has really help keep them on the track.

Im getting better numbers with some of my 4 and 5Y olds so I think the age change does affect them. hope this helps, but don't take my advice as law my friend

I didn't see Lone's reply before i gave mine. I will make sure the correct weight is used and go buy that number to place my horses. Thank you Lone for explaining how the age change works.
                      Last edited by Winner Circle Ranch; 01-01-2018, 02:10 PM. Reason: Didn't see Lone's Reply

Comment

I always train my 3 yr. olds at 118/120, same as 2 year olds. You would expect to see an improvement of times after the age change. My experience has shown that 90% of the horses run exactly the same time.
                        Doing is the best way of saying

Comment

Good point Eric - there are a ew ways to skin the cat
                          Admin.

Comment

Working...
                          X