Digital Downs Route Qualifiers Needs More Horses To Go Off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Downs Route Qualifiers Needs More Horses To Go Off

If you have any horses that can race in the qualifiers get them in . Good Luck
    Admin.

need more sponsorship money in theses races
    Last edited by Aloya; 01-13-2018, 04:27 PM.
    SPARTANS! What is YOUR profession?

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

It seems to me that the entries really tailed off when the fee went up to 12000. I think it was raised to increase purses, but with less entries its probably a wash? Maybe someone with some time could look at the numbers pre and post entry increase?

Comment

Originally posted by Panama Farms View Post
        It seems to me that the entries really tailed off when the fee went up to 12000. I think it was raised to increase purses, but with less entries its probably a wash? Maybe someone with some time could look at the numbers pre and post entry increase?
        The entry fee isn't the problem.

It's when you payout 5th thru 12th and also hand out a donation to the conso winners. This takes away from the main pot and waters down the payout for 1st thru 4th in the finals.

Comment

Here is an example of what I'm talking about, its silly that the 5th thru 12th finishers and conso horses make most of the dough in the finals

https://www.digitaldowns.us/new_race_sche...p1=r&p2=242413

https://www.digitaldowns.us/new_race_sche...p1=r&p2=242414

Winner $108
          2nd place $48.60
          3rd place $35.10
          4th place $21.60

everyone else in the series combine $ 86.70, I feel sorry for the 2nd thru 4th payout they get the shaft.

When you take this high amount out of the pot to pay to also runners, then it becomes less appealing in my opinion.
          Last edited by Greeko Holdem; 01-14-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

When Big Bad Crook won his first Sprint Final the Qualifier entries were $10k and he won $225. When he won his second, entries were $15k and he won $100. The next season entries went to $12k and the finals winner got $90, Last season at $12k the winner got $81. Clearly $12k is not working unless I'm missing something? I think the payout of the Q's increased over that time, but I'd rather see bigger payouts for the overall champ... isn't that the point of a "series"?

Comment

I am ok with sponsorship, I believe it is a few other things.

First, season after season, yearlings under-perform...... and this is due to the FREAKISH workout numbers yearlings put out, which in turn gives us a sense of hope, and what do we do??? we BUY MORE YEARLINGS!! For the last 3 seasons, the response we get is that "Yearlings are doing as well as 2 year olds". Guess what? No one is going overboard and buying tons of 2 year olds, because of the sting of the snakebite from the yearling disappointment.....So then what happens? Yearlings have a temporary exaggerated success record.......and within a month, the yearlings' success on the track fades, until they are primarily gone but for a VERY few by the end of the 2nd month of the season. It's a misnomer to calculate their success today.....Let's look back and calculate yearlings success at the halfway point..... and again after month 3, and once more at season's end.

And from what I can tell, many others faced the same fate this early part of the season, using lots of yearlings......It's just impossible to handicap their true ability. I have a formula, and according (at least to my own personal history with yearlings over the last 4-5 seasons, I have to SUBTRACT .30 seconds from their timed workouts, regardless of breeding parents. Of course there are exceptions, but I would bet dollars to donuts that with yearlings in particular, there is much more headache than excitement, as it pertains to their potential actually translating on the track. In summary, many owners are in a bit of confusion, perhaps a bit of panic, and disappointment, because these alleged SUPERB yearlings can't win a race, despite some of the best breeding and workout numbers we/they got and will get all season.... Not sure......but the workouts make it seem like the yearlings are running at .5 to 1 pound less weight or something.....and what is even MORE strange, after the age change on January 1, I worked them during ULT, and they got even a tad BETTER, by roughly .15 to .20 seconds - ughhh, they so often translate to fools gold at a higher clip than other horses......IF you measure by season's end, by career, but NOT 2 weeks into the season, when some are still on their 1st or 2nd race.

My BEST 4 yearling horses [who can ALL run 1.08.50 to 1.08.60 range].... They ran 11 races, 2 wins??? Mind you, this is the very best of my best yearlings, and no exaggeration when I say they can all 4 get 57.55, 1.08.54, 1.21.75, etc... The 2 wins??? One win was a dead heat in a simple maiden, and the other was another simple non-added $2250 maiden. No other wins. I expect better results when I parse out the very, very, very best of my yearling crops' 4 horses, who have been culled from a MUCH larger batch of 40+ yearling horses through the yearling breeding season, i.e. my assumed "Tier 1" of my yearling stable.

I would RATHER breed a 2 year old, have it come out with the typical 1.09.35 first out, the Vet and Tack drop it's workouts to 1.08.85. But EVEN THOSE horses have to get past the "First-out" syndrome. My non-yearling named Frosted nearly broke a track record first out, and ran equally well with splits at 6 furlongs, 7 furlongs, 8, and 9 furlongs..... First race was a cracker! Then the horse goes back on the track and runs a 95 Speed Rating, and showed absolutely ZERO interest in the stretch in Race #2.

Does this look familiar to any of us?
              1 Race, 1 Win, $30,000 earnings, 99-100 SR
              Next race - D-Division, 7th place, 95 SR ---OR-- Stakes Race - 8th place, 96 SR

I wrote all of this, because I am NOT unique here in my scenarios. What would ANY of us do? Aside from 1 or 2 trainers, the rest of us don't have the stable depth to RISK $10k, $12k, $15k in races when it seems like we FINALLY get a good one, only to let us down time and time again after 1-2 races.....We can't afford the loss, and we are 85% certain that will be the case.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.... I wrote this several times, and maybe this is only happening to me, because neither Admin nor the community seems to have the same experience:

I tried breeding, and I CONTINUALLY get the EXACT same horse FIRST OUT TIME....... Literally every time, 1.09.35 or 1.09.40 first out for the last 25 out of 27 horses.....Hard to place the lack of nominations on we the owner, when the horses coming are full of parity, despite breeding parents. No matter the breeders, my first-out WORKOUTS are ALWAYS 1.09.25 to 1.09.45

I see what is happening this season in terms of a slight shift, and it is not going to enhance and build on qualifiers; it is going to reduce them in my judgment.....This is not a negative post, just an assemblage of facts and observations....Please do not read it as such Admin. As always, I HOPE TO high heaven I am wrong, but I anticipate that I am not.

Every time I get a LITTLE money in my account, I am trying like HELL to grow my stable, but the horses coming out presently are not good enough to make the track.......which then reduces my ability to nominate horses......it's "choose your poison".....Throw the money into a breed, gambling that it can at least run in a mid-level $12k claimer, or nominate a few horses for their dreaded 2nd, 3rd, or 4th "wall race". I am the proud owner of exactly 14 horses today, I wish I had more, but I have to literally give horses away in cheap claimers, to be able to TRY to breed or win a race. These are MY choices, and no fault of anyone, but just the reality of a shrinking stable trying to keep its head above water.

As far as Orbnormal, one of the best creates Dan and I has ever seen.....off to the worst start of any of my breeders.......When it rains, it pours.....ughhh.

Orb
              Last edited by Orb Farms; 01-14-2018, 01:56 PM.
              - Orb Farms

Comment

Originally posted by Panama Farms View Post
                When Big Bad Crook won his first Sprint Final the Qualifier entries were $10k and he won $225. When he won his second, entries were $15k and he won $100. The next season entries went to $12k and the finals winner got $90, Last season at $12k the winner got $81. Clearly $12k is not working unless I'm missing something? I think the payout of the Q's increased over that time, but I'd rather see bigger payouts for the overall champ... isn't that the point of a "series"?

I understand what your saying, but I was entering a lot more back then and realized its not worth it.

even in December 2016 when payouts were higher it still was not acceptable

Big Bad crook might of made $242 in the final for winning but here were the rest of the payouts

2nd place $109
                3rd place $78
                4th place $48

everyone else made $195 combined.. this is just silly.

Comment

Or it could be there are fewer routers compared to sprinters.
                  Doing is the best way of saying

Comment

Orb , yearlings should be taken out of the game. Heck we even had a vote to wipe out yearlings and they still continue to be shoved down our throats.

​Yearlings will never pan out here. Why because the age change on them destroys them. Yearlings cant compete versus 2 year old bred ones with no age change. I really don't understand why we cant use the first 14 days of the season to focus on breeding 2 year olds. You will see a huge difference. With the way the maiden shotguns went this season, I don't see why we cant focus on 3 year old racing for the first 14 days and have maiden shotguns for 2 year olds towards the 3rd and 4th week of the new season.

Comment

I know Freddie has spent a lot of time and money to try to correct the yearling issue. Each season I keep hoping the issue is resolved. Hoping the horse shoes and the other changes have improved this and more progress can be made. One option you do have is. throughout the season when you would normally breed a yearling. Shoot me a mail and I can deduct the cost and ship you a breed code. Save these codes then when midnight hits on the new season you can breed a fresh batch of two year olds only missing the first day of the season. That way you are not out a ton of funds at one time.
                      ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
                      Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
                      https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

It's the parity with first workouts that suffer. Look at last nights breeding activity. EVERY first out time was the EXACT same, except ATM's 3 horses.

Orb
                        - Orb Farms

Comment

( I don't see why we cant focus on 3 year old racing for the first 14 days and have maiden shotguns for 2 year olds towards the 3rd and 4th week of the new season.) i have a thought why they don't focus on 3yr old racing! it to their benefit to keep it a 2 yr old site! Longevity of most horse indicate that !

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

Greeko we are looking into that . There is part of the code I can not change . Its the race engine (not race code) they are different . I can make adjustments to race code but not the race engine . Any changes we do make we will get the communities feedback . Like you pointed out we voted for yearling and it was very close split between yes and no . The yearling is an issue and we have to address it in a few ways , so please don't think we are satisfied with the way it is now , but it is better then it was .It will get better in the future .

​Orb there were 21 horses created by breeding or creates and they ran 17 different times at 6f . 1.09.06 -1.09.58

​The issue with the finals purses is one we been dealing with for a while . If we drop to low then trainers say its not worth running qualifiers and if we go to high then the budgets of some stables will not allow them to race as much . Next season we will take 100% of the purse to the finals . This season we are moving the amount taken from the qualifiers from 2k to 3k which will help with the finals this season .

​There are a few things we can do to change the finals purse , but we have to be careful . There is a fine line that we have to deal with .

​1. We just need more stables - if each qualifier had 24 horses running the finals purse would be very high . We are working on this .
                            2. If we drop the finals to top 10 horses vs top 12 .
                            ​3. If we drop entry to 10k and take 5k for finals . ( this is extreme but some move in this direction )
                            ​3. If we charged 3k instead of 2k for DD fee . That would add another 600k to the finals purse . we would add 150k instead of 100k.

​I am open to any way we can improve the site .

Admin.

Comment

Lone , Pay only the top 3 finishers only..charge a one time supplementary fee to be eligible to run in theses races $10/$15? that should more money to the finals

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

Working...
                              X