Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Lone bring back the create million?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Lone bring back the create million?

Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

A vote from the player base saying Lone should give away a bunch of money for free is the definition of a pointless vote.
    Jason, owner of Aragon Stables operating out of Perth, Australia

Comment

I think nearly everyone including Lone is in favor of the create million returning but its all dependant on participation and has to be supported by create sales. Perhaps later this season we can do one of the montg long series but with lowered create prices this season it wont give much proof that the larger series can return.
      ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
      Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
      https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

[QUOTE=Aragon Stables;n117558]A vote from the player base saying Lone should give away a bunch of money for free is the definition of a pointless vote.

There is a reason nobody is buying creates these days!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Greeko Holdem;n117563]
          Originally posted by Aragon Stables View Post
          A vote from the player base saying Lone should give away a bunch of money for free is the definition of a pointless vote.

There is a reason nobody is buying creates these days!!

Chicken or the egg? Site has series, doesn't bring in enough entries or creates by the players to warrant series. Site removes series. Players say creates aren't being made because there is no series.

Comment

The bigger question might be WHY would Lone want to have another create Million? If it is to re-create the separate platform, and have 2 thriving levels? If this is so, it flies in the face of what was started about 5 seasons ago. The idea back then was to integrate the new and improved creates into the mainstream, both for racing and creating new and improved bloodlines. As I remember, you could only race creates that were bought the week preceding the race. I don't think buying creates for the express purpose of them racing in the Million Quali's is going to help achieve either goal.
            Personally, I have embraced Creates and approx. half of my racers are creates. Granted, I purchased them because I was told they make better breeders, but I found out quickly that they fit in well with the general population relative to ability. According to Greeko's comment above, I am apparently in the minority.
            ​If in fact no one is buying creates, its not for lack of a dedicated event like the Million, theres another reason. I think the focus remains what do we want from the create population?
            Until we determine that, I vote to save Lone his money for now.

Comment

Thanks everyone . Creates have been selling decently well lately and have helped a few returning stables get some decent runners with a couple of real good horses . I think the lower price has helped with the sales . You do have to go trough a few creates to get some decent to good ones ,but for 42k BC its not that bad of an investment vs Bred horses . We will do some kinda short series soon and will try to have a breeding game as well. I still think we can bring up the bottom range of the creates , but not lift the ceiling which will prevent super creates . The super creates still haunt the site , Thanks

​SJS - Chicken came first .
              Admin.

Comment

The Rooster had to "come" first before the Chicken or egg came !

Comment

Let me try...lol

The Rooster at some point was a baby chicken which in turn comes from an egg...but then that egg was likely laid by a chicken that was bounced around by a Rooster, hopefully.

However, that is nature already in existence and in progress.

When a master/god create an animal/being, the Rooster and Chicken comes first and is provided with the mechanics for reproducing so the creator does no have to do it himself over and over again.

As the Million goes, I think it would be great to have it. Maybe not the million per say.
                  Proposed Rules:
                  1) Initial Added $500,000 game credits (could be other value, or mixed with BC)
                  2) Qual races 2 weeks apart at 7F as would be final
                  3) Qualified entries must be born since previous Q and unraced except first Q where just unraced creates would qualified.
                  4) $15,000 to enter Q with 20% take added to final...so $36,000 to final with 12 horse field and with multiple splits could help boost final. Q race would be worth winning like regular stakes races.
                  5) Top 3 finisher pays, adds value to winning Q race
                  6) Top finishes listed by final horse times. The score board could list top 50. A very fast race could have top 4 qualifiers etc. (no sloppy tracks or turf please)
                  7) Trainers could try again in next Q with new horse for better time/position.
                  8) Should get in in about 7 Q's
                  9) Final 12 listed start with $20,000 to start added to final purse.
                  10) Scratches permitted and qualifiers moves up
                  11) Max 2 starters in final for any one stable (Qs follows regular rules), I think this should help overall community and small stables in particular.
                  12) Additional fine tuning with community feedback to be implemented next season. May have to keep standing manually.

NB: A test run could be done with lower numbers to feel things out.

PS: horses would of course be 2yo C, G, F
                  Last edited by Chrisman; 01-31-2018, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Geez, sounds like a lot of work. How about just a Create Triple Crown. If for 3 yo's it would make people buy, keep, and race them longer. Another step in that direction would be eligibility relative to lifetime earnings, for instance winners of 50k lifetime. Easy for some creates, harder for others. Would force racing to get there. Top 10 earners in each leg. 1 1/4, mile, 1 1/2.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Star Stables View Post
                      I still think we can bring up the bottom range of the creates , but not lift the ceiling which will prevent super creates . The super creates still haunt the site , Thanks

​SJS - Chicken came first .
                      I'd vote against that. The floor is fine where it is. What we need is more people entering the lower-class creates into the maidens and really cheap create-only races. As someone who just bought a lot of creates, the balance seems correct now.

Comment

Thanks Everyone - 8 8 tie . Chris I like the idea and would help 2yo create sales for sure . I will look at how it would fit with our time left this season and see what is possible .Thanks .

​Dan the Create Triple Crown it would be easy to add . Maybe put a 2 win minimum to prevent unraced creates and make sure we have proven creates in it . I have been looking at removing the 3yo create option . that was added I think to help new stables get breeders and a mix of 2yo and 3yo racers . I don't think that is really what it is used for anymore .

​Thanks Ryan for your feedback . Hopefully more will run in the cheaper claimers for the creates . Its nice to see the Ryan Express Train on the track . Ryan was a hell of a pitcher . Maybe we can catch a Ranger game this season . Good Luck
                        Admin.

Comment

Working...
                        X