1yo Breeding This Season -New WorkOut Code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1yo Breeding This Season -New WorkOut Code

I had programmers redo a code for the Training of 1yo only. 2yo+ will not be effected at all. I want to see how the code works with bred horses . I have tested on some 1yo creates ,and it seems to give a truer representative of its attributes . I will open up the 1yo in the next 24 hours . I will drop the breeding fee for 1yo to 4k .We would like to see how they do vs their attributes . Please do not Cull any of them . Next season we will have free races on the 1st with added credits . The races will be 1k claimers and will be free to race in . I would appreciate if you could breed a couple . We should see slower times closer to what we have as 2yo. Thanks and Good Luck
    Admin.

I'm sorry Lone you might get upset with this response .. but

When I said in a previous post that these yearlings are being shoved down our throats, this post is exactly what I'm talking about and feel.

We are one month into the new season and things are actually looking good for once and you are bringing up these yearling issues for us to test and breed etc. The new season is 3 months away and this is bad timing for us to be testing yearlings.

We should be focusing on the current season and if you need testing to be done on yearlings, I'm sure you can easily test them yourself and give us your results rather than us spend 4 bucks on this issue.

Comment

i agree with you Greeko This is very bad timing for theses 1 year old issues which have imo been a downfall of the site as most of us know these horses cant run there training times on the track and are useless as 2 yearolds . testing and breeding the new codes should be done by administration,not at the expance of the players
      SPARTANS! What is YOUR profession?

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

With the Q races not filling maybe a discount on some 2Y breeds are long over due. Im still getting over the 14 yearling I breed for the start of this season, most are dead or running low claimers. Shur would like some help replacing them

Comment

I'll breed a couple when you open it up Lone. I don't have much in the way of data to relate it to being that I haven't bred too many yearlings but I'll be interested to see if the works translate as I would expect them to from a similar 2YO with the new code.

Do you want them trained up the sooner the better, or as long as they're worked by the end of the season is fine?

Thanks mate.
          Jason, owner of Aragon Stables operating out of Perth, Australia

Comment

What Greeko said exactly.

Eddie

Comment

I'm also with Greeko on this. If you need to test them now, then I suggest you put up a Create code for all to create a yearling and compile your data from them. I can't see why we as players should pay anything that is a beta test.

Norm
              "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

I did a test on 12 or so creates yearlings yesterday and the code looks to be working right . I don't mind giving site a code for yearling creates . The bred horses are the ones that have fastest workout times . I might just buy a few bred horses to test myself. Once I can see code is working fine I will leave the 1yo breeding open . That way you can breed through the season and I wont have to shove them down yalls throats . Thanks everyone for the help . I will post a free code later today when we turn on the 1yos . Good Luck
                Admin.

Comment

I did a test on 12 or so creates yearlings yesterday and the code looks to be working right . I don't mind giving site a code for yearling creates . The bred horses are the ones that have fastest workout times . I might just buy a few bred horses to test myself. Once I can see code is working fine I will leave the 1yo breeding open . That way you can breed through the season and I wont have to shove them down yalls throats . Thanks everyone for the help . I will post a free code later today when we turn on the 1yos . Good Luck
                  Admin.

Comment

Thanks Lone
                    Jason, owner of Aragon Stables operating out of Perth, Australia

Comment

Do we really need yearlings in the game these days? In the old days I could understand the need for them because we could only do one daily train/workout per day. Then it took a good 3 -4 weeks to sort them out ready to race the following season. Now, with the advent of unlimited training of unraced horses, doesn't that supersede having a large group of them sitting in the stable waiting for the next season. The only thing I see worth in having them is for feature races that are held in the first couple of days of the new season. If those feature races could be delayed to the end of the first week or early in the second week, where we just breed 2yo's on the first few days of the new season, with the unlimited training, isn't that just as good if not better than having a yearling program initiated?

I just bred a couple of homebred yearlings as well as the token Create ones and yes they are slower than the 2yo homebreds times that I would expect to see. Are they likely to improve with the age change? I have no benchmark yet to work with telling me whether it is a Stakes competitor or a 1K Claimer. I just can't see the sense in breeding them even if it is only for the last month of a season, sitting in the stable, waiting for the first day of the new season where they will all have to be worked again to see if they had improved with the age change. Much easier just to breed a stack of 2yo's on the first day of the new season.

Norm
                      Last edited by Trunoble Lodge; 02-01-2018, 12:43 PM.
                      "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

The Biggest reason is many breed them slowly . Even only limiting to a month it was hard to get enough the first few weeks of the season . I have thought about getting rid of them , but can not think of a better way to have a decent crop of new horses site wide . I would appreciate any ideas that would help . I might still just do this test and not have 1yo .
                        Admin.

Comment

Norm & Greeko, are right on with their replies. Every season I swear not to ever buy another yearling but always do because of the price and being told they are fixed. Well there not fixed and I won't buy them again. But I understand they bring in some needed cash for the site, so why not do a discount on 2Y olds instead in the last week of the season. i would buy 4 or 5 to have a few unraced 3Y to start the new season if the price was right. just an idea and would be fun to see how they handle the age change with no prior races. Could be interesting. WCR.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Star Stables View Post
                            The Biggest reason is many breed them slowly . Even only limiting to a month it was hard to get enough the first few weeks of the season . I have thought about getting rid of them , but can not think of a better way to have a decent crop of new horses site wide . I would appreciate any ideas that would help . I might still just do this test and not have 1yo .
                            1. Get rid of yearlings

2. Have the first 2 weeks of season focused on 3 year olds and up. Have triple crown derby prep races as qualifiers to compensate for the triple crown break. Have your 4 year old stake races etc.

3. Pick a weekend after 14 days or so where you will have some sort of opening day at Santa Anita Saturday and Sunday ... have maidens races on those days and add them in after that how you normally do.

4. Champ qualifiers in the 2nd month. Don't have a 3 week break for 2 year old qualifiers during triple crown. Work around it still run qualifiers.

Comment

Well I am a little confused as one of my create codes produced a solid looking colt running 109.11, normally I would geld to see if it got appreciably better, but since I have nothing to compare it to other than the other code which produced a 1.09.90 horse. So I guess will wait till the new season to see if there is a positive age change before clipping the better one, the other one is destined for the glue factory
                              STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
                              LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
                              HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Working...
                              X