No announcement yet.

1yo Breeding This Season -New WorkOut Code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burky you should compare to 2yo workout times .

This is the way we will go .

​This is the last time I will try to fix the 1yo training issue . If it doesn't work then this will be the last crop of 1yo . The site needs the 1yo to kick off new season and give stables enough time to build up a 2yo barn . What stables don't need is the false hope of fast workout times that do not reflect the horse true ability . We like starting the season with The Eliminator and Maiden Shotguns .

I will leave the 1yo open till Sunday night then close till last month of the season .

​We will do 1 week of Maiden Shotguns then do Maiden Shotguns in The Third Week of Next Season .

​I like your 4th point Greeko . We might Consider doing the TC races as Route Qualifiers . ( we will vote on This ) If can run 4yo Plus as a separate Championship.

Still a work in progress but we have some time to set next season up . Thanks

Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Star Stables View Post
      Burky you should compare to 2yo workout times .
      Kind of confused. You're saying compare the workout times we did for when then turn 2? Right? Which we can't give you an answer for, to tell you if it's "fixed" until May.

Comment

SJS . you should compare to this seasons 2yo . Well if you breed a few you should not have 1/2 of them running sub 1.09.00 times . If it does then you know you have something with potential . I am going to use this weekend to look into the 1yos more . there have been a few decent ones . Thanks
        Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Star Stables View Post
          SJS . you should compare to this seasons 2yo . Well if you breed a few you should not have 1/2 of them running sub 1.09.00 times . If it does then you know you have something with potential . I am going to use this weekend to look into the 1yos more . there have been a few decent ones . Thanks

That's where I'm still confused. You want us to compare two random creates to other batches of crates? The sample size is so incredibly small that I'm not sure what analysis we could provide. Am I to assume I was unlucky because I got two horses 109.27 horses? Or is that what it's supposed to be? Does everyone get similar results? Again, maybe I'm missing the entire point haha, sorry if so. Appreciate the codes nonetheless.

Comment

I don't get the whole premise. The numbers, whether they are good or not, don't mean anything. I get just as many 2yo's that train crazy good numbers, and still end up trash. So the statement that when you get one that trains real well," then you have something with potential". No you don't!! The risk is all the same. The only thing you are avoiding, I guess, is the age change, which really is inconsequential because the A/C doesn't turn a morning glory into a champ anyway. Quite frankly, I don't ever remember a single horse that improved significantly from yearling to 2yo. I'm not saying it never happened, it just never happened to me. And I've bred thousands and thousands.
            ​The point is- determining a real racer from workouts will never happen until the same race engine is used to train with. I had hoped the new multi-train would be with a similar engine, but it didn't happen. So to sum up, the yearling conversation is wasted energy. Yearlings are what they are, and should be treated with the same grain of salt as bred horses that run crazy workout times.
            The ridiculous workout times is a separate issue that can be discussed later. I don't buy the explanation that improved breeding is the entire answer.

Comment

I must be getting old I agreed with Greeko earlier now I totally agree with Dan's comments.
              Eddie

Comment

Working...
              X