Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes things work out in mysterious ways...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes things work out in mysterious ways...

I offered Saved by Grace in the last auction with a $15 reserve and there were no takers. Now her only 2 foals to race so far, Graceful and One out River, are both Qualifier winners and together have earned $125,405 in only 5 starts. Her record as a broodmare so far...
    5 2/1/1 2 125405 31351.25 25081.00
    Not bad for a mare I offered for only $15. I think I'll keep her now.

Nice Results - sometimes you have to get lucky. Now you have a mare to build your stable with . Good Luck
    Admin.

Comment

Congrats AMRS, You got yourself a very nice breeder there, and it looks like she made you some money to. Good stuff bud

Comment

Crazy you post this because I recently bought Albigension I believe from WCR. When I did it wasn't because he was producing great offspring but because it seems his offspring are good breeders. Congrats on the great mare

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Stables View Post
          Crazy you post this because I recently bought Albigension I believe from WCR. When I did it wasn't because he was producing great offspring but because it seems his offspring are good breeders. Congrats on the great mare

Yes it’s interesting how genetics work even in our digital world. I offered her because while she has a decent looking pedigree I’m always looking to upgrade and while trying to stay small I can’t keep everything. It looks as though you had some great insight in that the genetics are producing after a skipped generation.

What I really find interesting about this mare is that she was a true blue router. She would have probably been best at 3 miles because she had no early speed. She couldn’t have outrun a pack of cartoon wolves chasing her. Yet her foals so far are not only showing early speed but also the ability to carry it a distance.

This actually has me thinking about different ways of looking at pedigrees now.

Comment

I have both Graceful and One Out River in their respective DDSQ races today. I was looking at Graceful’s race just now and noticed that Nemean Lion is in it and I thought cool a chance to match up against Orb’s highly touted filly. Then I looked at the rest of the field and thought HOLY CRAP this is one tough race. Might be one of the highest overall quality fields I’ve seen in some time. Good luck to all!

Comment

That is a stacked race. Hate I didn't have Hugh Hefner ready for it since he is 4 for 4 on turf. But on the breeding skipping a gen I think there is something to it. A few seasons back TNT mentioned he was getting good breeds from brothers and sisters of his good horses but not from the good horses themselves. I tried that for a while but have noticed that most of the good or great horses do not result in great breeders. Most of them have some good breeds but I think that is because they get bred to others that are already proven to be good breeders. You wouldn't breed your Triple Crown winner to a mediocre horse or breeder right? Here lately I have looked through a lot of these great horses and noticed that the breeds from their offspring normally look pretty good.

Comment

That was a stacked race, plenty of talent there for sure, mine needed about another 10 yards to get to the line in front, some very nice looking horses in that race for sure.
                STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
                LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
                HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Quite a race...congrats Norm on the win. I had never even worked mine on the turf and she's really a middle distance runner not so much a sprinter so I didn't know what to really expect but I wanted to test her and I'm pleased with her 3rd place effort.

Comment

Thanks. My 'holy' horses are quite something. Drawing pole with both of them today helped. and you have given me a clue to naming my next one... Holy Crap lol
                    "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

Working...
                    X