Next Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Season

I am working on some ideas for next season . These are just my thoughts so far and would like some feedback . Good or bad but constructive

No Yearlings
    Since we have no yearlings we will have no shotguns instead we will do a series like the Sin City Classic for new 2yo's
    We will have a 3yo Eliminator to start the Season for unraced 3yos only - We will discount the 2yo breeding the last 2 weeks of the season .

​Champ Series only 5 qualifiers with finals purse 250 to 300k and Consoles 100k BC Provided by the site . Regular payout
    ​We will not pull anything from the qualifiers to add to series finals . entry will drop to 10k - that seemed like the best buyin to get the most horses .
    ​We might also consider making all off week stake races qualifiers since we are not taking anything from races .

​We will change the added credits in qualifiers from 8k to 10k BC
    ​We will also raise the DD fee to 3k and 20k after . this can still be paid in BC .
    ​We will have a BC sale before next season .

Thanks for feedback .

Admin.

Will miss Yearlings...

That said, sounds good to me.

Question, what of the Create Challenges...any thoughts on those. I think a fixed final purse will help entries as well.

Comment

I like your ideas.. I have some suggestion to make.

So the last two or three seasons I've been experimenting with Santa Anita Saturday's and now this season introduced Belmont Turf Fridays.

I think the response has been well received.

I would like the site to take over and continue with these races and make them a regular event. But to entice stables even more I'd like to suggest standings for these races and have a pay out for the top 3 in wins at each track. I wouldn't go over board with a ton of races but continue the way I set them up with 4 to 6 races in the evening each week on Fridays and Saturdays.

I don't know how much the site can afford to give out but it could be worth while since more of us will breed thru out the year. This also raises earnings for horses thru out the year. Also horses you don't want claimed can race in these and surprise you with a win. The benefits in running in these races is endless.

Make Saturday and Sunday something to look forward to. Champ series is one thing but don't make the site about Champ Finals. Finding champ horses is hard to do. Not many stables have those champ quality horses and want to participate on the site. Winning on Friday and Saturday in a feature meet is a lot of fun. The site needs an identity and the way the race card is now it's not very fun to be honest. Let's try and stay away from that video game , Arcade style horse racing.
      Last edited by Greeko Holdem; 03-21-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Ditto, on your comments Greeko. Would be great to make those races regular on the card.

Comment

Sounds good to me as I never did many yearlings anyways. Like Greeko said not sure how much the site can put into it but the Sin City took a month and it would be cool if you could do 4 in a season.

I also hope the Friday's and Saturdays keep going as long as they keep closing an hour before race time as that is what makes them work being able to enter and run the same day.

Comment

Personally, I would like to see all races close one hour before race, with the exception of claimers.
            I think I would like to see 3 qualifiers before the TC break and 3 qualifiers after the break. Otherwise all of the horses that were bred early in the season have a inside track to the finals. I bred a lot of horses all season long, but I fear they cant get in b/c of the 2 quali's from here on. I like the idea of Finals points for off week stakes. Maybe graduated points for Gr.1 thru Gr.3 events.
            I'm not going to miss yearlings at all.
            Last edited by Foggydan Farms; 03-22-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Stables View Post
              Sounds good to me as I never did many yearlings anyways. Like Greeko said not sure how much the site can put into it but the Sin City took a month and it would be cool if you could do 4 in a season.

I also hope the Friday's and Saturdays keep going as long as they keep closing an hour before race time as that is what makes them work being able to enter and run the same day.
              I think your right MS , what makes these races so popular is that they close 1 hour before race time.

I'll just continue posting them as Trainer Created Races and will post standings throughout the season for everyone. I will offer some sort of prize for top stables and if you the site wants to add something that would be great. More details to come soon.

Comment

I agree i like these races a lot,they get a good response from the trainers and the one hour closing i like too,i also agree with Dan i too would like to see more races close one hour before the race.
                I will not miss the yearlings.

Comment

I like all the ideas. Big step forward.

Comment

Now that I've had a chance to think it over as well as some of the other suggestions here's my feedback...

I like the idea of eliminating yearlings in favor of late season 2yo breeding and early season 3yo opportunities. I'm not a big fan of the eliminator series but maybe other opportunities similar to those for 2yo instead.

I'm with Dan in that I would prefer 6 Champ series qualifiers...3 in first half of season and 3 in second half. I don't think I like using the OWS as qualifiers because I like that the OWS give some opportunities for those horses that are just a cut below Q caliber runners. If you use those races as qualifiers then the cut below horses are pretty much relegated to DIV/ALW races only.

I see both pros and cons about the suggestion of all races closing an hour before race time. On one hand it gives longer opportunity for entering races but on the other hand it limits the time to be able to make strategy changes due to post draw, competition, etc. or to scratch. And as pointed out obviously claiming races need to close sooner than that.

Just my thoughts

Comment

I like a lot of what's been discussed here, some great ideas and changes. I though must admit that I am totally against all races closing with an hour's notice. The pros can't come close to over-weighing the cons of not being able to set your jock inst correctly imo.

Race cards are posted a month in advance. Plenty of time to enter your horses, and ample time to adjust based on pp and other horses in the race. It's a feature that real trainers get to do with their strategy, and I think eliminating it takes away part of the skill of the game, while adding a bonus to those that have the luxury of logging in at a very specific time frame.

Comment

Totally against the one hour closing time. I'm not sitting up until 3/4am in the morning just to nominate horses. Don't lose sight of the fact that 1pm over there is 4am here. There are too many " pop up " races now that I miss out on. Australia is a big part of this game, don't leave us on the shelf boys.....good luck yo you all

Comment

I want to see a COMPLETELY separate Division for Turf Races....Even if it is only ONE division (8 Furlongs = 1 Mile), or TWO Divisions (6 Furlongs and 10 Furlongs). I think John touched on it, and I want to put a underline beneath it.

Regardless, for example look at White Heart Lane, if I were to ONLY look at my stable, but you ALL literally have the same horse.......Maybe 1 win from 4 or 5 races on dirt, but PERFECT on the Grass.

I need to see an evolution of the Grass Race Series......nothing TOO BIG, nothing to take over the harmony of the existing site, but something that is a completely different "point-gathering" division for Turf horses.

Clearly there are horses who run better on grass, so let's allow them to run to their best on their desired surface.

Thoughts?

Orb
                          - Orb Farms

Comment

I like the turf division.
                            ​Polaris, keep in mind the races will not be posted 1 hour from closing. You will still be able to enter long before the closing time. The difference is with the 1 hour feature, you can train an extra time leading up to the race, so there will be more entries. There are many times these pop-ups are created spur of the moment, and you get caught with one not quite ready, or that has the dreaded 87 speed meter and youre afraid to take the chance of entering in case it lands on 99. Now that wouldn't be an issue, b/c you can wait to see if it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by Foggydan Farms View Post
                              I like the turf division.
                              ​Polaris, keep in mind the races will not be posted 1 hour from closing. You will still be able to enter long before the closing time. The difference is with the 1 hour feature, you can train an extra time leading up to the race, so there will be more entries. There are many times these pop-ups are created spur of the moment, and you get caught with one not quite ready, or that has the dreaded 87 speed meter and youre afraid to take the chance of entering in case it lands on 99. Now that wouldn't be an issue, b/c you can wait to see if it works out.
                              But you know how important jock inst relative to pp/distance is, not to mention the other horses in the race with their running style relative to where your pp is. Sure people are ok with the sporadic entry of a quick entry, but to base an entire stable off that, especially stakes races? It gives a massive advantage to those that can log in one hour prior to each race going off to set their instruction. I think setting jock inst after post is a huge skill aspect of the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X