No announcement yet.

Next Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You make a good point. Is there a middle ground where we could train but still have time to enter?

Comment

I agree that the short lead-in time of one hour does not suit all players to set their horses based on draw/jockey because of time zone differences but the bottom line is.... these races do fill. The only difference between these races and regular scheduled ones is the one hour race close. Therefore whether it is the novelty or it suits players better to enter certain horses this way, then so be it. It won't suit all players and maybe a compromise is to stagger race starts to different times of days which may or may not suit everyone.

Unfortunately because of time zones these races won't suit everyone but if the races fill each time because of the hour lead-in, then they have to be a part of the game.

Norm
      "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

I'm not against the races, not at all. I believe they are good and I see a few positives regarding them. However, I am a sports buff and sat up until 4.30 am this morning watching the Dell Match Play golf from Austin, Texas.. the same state DD is run from. I made at least 10 attempts to nominate in those races last evening and they were not up by 5am....so I went to bed. When I got up this morning... after only 4 hours of sleep, nominations had been opened, closed, barriers drawn, Jockey instructions set.. and the races over. If someone could explain EXACTLY how they work in regard to the nomination opening and closing time frame, then we might have a better understanding. Its my belief at the moment that they open for nominations just an hour or so before the race, I may be wrong on that. Please don't think I am against them, I'm certainly not. I just need to work out how we can all participate.. maybe there is a way we can, that I cannot see.

Comment

I nominated the bulk of mine at 7 a.m. Central Time (8.30am your time). However I did enter a couple around 10 pm CT last night, so you should have been able to access them up to 4.30am your time. I'd check the preferred race settings on your horses that you wanted to nominate. Perhaps the distances or other race conditions weren't applicable to those horses.

Norm
          "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

If I'm not mistaken Greeko typically posts the races to the schedule between 23:00 - 00:30 site time with races to close in the 17:00 - 17:45 range and run 1 hour later. Again, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that would mean they are up for entry somewhere around 2 or 3 PM in Australia and close around 7 or 8 AM in Australia. In any event there is typically around an 18+/- hour window to enter the races.

Comment

Ok.. thanks Norm and thanks to And More. That being the case then I see no issue with them, not at all. An 18 or so hour time frame to enter is well sufficient. I tried to nominate 1 last night and couldn't, I will go in and check its settings Norm. All the best boys... and congrats And More for your Sin City victory.....

Comment

Originally posted by And More Racing Stable View Post
                If I'm not mistaken Greeko typically posts the races to the schedule between 23:00 - 00:30 site time with races to close in the 17:00 - 17:45 range and run 1 hour later. Again, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that would mean they are up for entry somewhere around 2 or 3 PM in Australia and close around 7 or 8 AM in Australia. In any event there is typically around an 18+/- hour window to enter the races.
                Yes this is right, when setting up these special races I can only allow around 20 hours for stables to enter in these.

After discussing with Lone we will have these races set up in advance in the new season, so we have more time to enter. We will keep track of the standings as well...Something to look forward to for next season.
                Last edited by Greeko Holdem; 03-24-2018, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks Greeko for your input. I know you care a lot about these races and they are decent for sure. Just had a little trouble getting involved due to time zone, and a lack of understanding. The boys and your self have guided me through and now I am very clear about them. Thanks fella's!

Comment

Working...
                  X