Overnight races.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overnight races.....

These pop up overnight races are starting to annoy me. You cant find them, they are run at a stupid time... and today's 2.00 is an hour late and still not run. I must say, I don't enjoy them, not at all.

Shane, if you hate them so much, then don't put an entry in them lol. Problem solved.
    ​You probably can't find them because your race filter/s are different to the race conditions. Problem solved.
    ​Orb created them to run in Aussie afternoons/early evenings. Change your work habit. Problem solved.
    ​Today's race hasn't gone off as I suspect Brian got involved because the Starting Purse is screwed up. Get rid of Brian.... problem solved.

Bring on your next problem

Norm
    "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

Norm.... we cant get rid of Brian, that's the first point. He's just to valuable to the sight, plus a good bloke too. And, I don't hate these races.. still trying to get a solid grip on them. Iv'e been here since December of 2006 with never a complaint, and I reckon anything that helps the sight is most welcome. I get Orb's idea of creating them for specific conditions, and as such I have nominated one in the spirit of supporting them, and in the spirit of participation. In this afternoon (today, Wednesday (Aus)) I have spent a significant amount of time delving deep into these races, in the hope of understanding them and the way they work, a lot better. On the weekend I am going to pop into the chatroom and ask Greeko and co. a little more about them. Don't hate them at all.. they look OK to my eye. I guess my real problem, if I am honest, is highlighted in your comment " Change your work habit ". Iv'e had trouble getting to these races due to other issues. Parents in aged care, plus a lot of time spent away trying to earn a dollar, and a few other things. Altering my horse filters has helped too. Cheers Norm... all the best.

Comment

I was just trying to help the Aussies and Kiwis, my apologies! VERY true story

Orb
        - Orb Farms

Comment

No worries ORB... ive got a grip on it now and keep them coming. I will try the best I can to nominate. As I said earlier, I made some time to have a good look at them...Now all we have to do down here is win a few of them... thanks Orb...

Comment

Yes, I made them open company, ALWAYS mixed fillies and colts, and it is a JUVENILE (2 yr old) series only...... About half are grass, half are dirt.....80% on 5 or 6 Furlongs, with an occasional 1 Mile for good measure....

Hope that helps.....I've ran probably 10-12, and so far, we're getting at least 6 per race, with 8+ on many occasions!

Cheers to all of our players down under!

Orb

(Oh and me, I have insomnia; my stress level just rose to the I-Beam on the 3rd floor of my town home...... so I sleep 2 hours here, 2 hours there LOL!)

Best of luck to you my friend!

Orb
            - Orb Farms

Comment

will have to let Lone and the programmers look at this. I'm guessing the entry change froze it like it did the TC race a few weeks ago. I've been away dealing with my dad but you can blame me if you want to lol.
              ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
              Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
              https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Please do whatever it takes.....At this point, I think we would all even take a refund, and run the same race another day, if it got the race card going......I don't want to speak for others, but I am home on disability all day, and I wanted to watch every race!

Others, any thoughts?

Orb
                - Orb Farms

Comment

Looks like some progress, but this should be an easy fix for a programmer.....Just delete the race, and run the rest of the card.......Then refund us when you have the time.

Please keep us posted, and I feel somewhat responsible for posting the race.......so I am praying it gets fixed sooner rather than later....

Thanks gentlemen!

Orb
                  - Orb Farms

Comment

Programmers are working on it. Sorry for the delay. Sure they will get things going as soon as they can.
                    Brian Ta Das...

Comment

They are doing a few updates and fixing some bugs estimated Midnight races should catch up and go back to normal.
                      Brian Ta Das...

Comment

Let them know that race entries for tomorrow's card, including all but one midnight entry are not showing...so we cannot make changes or adjustment to jockey or instructions.

Thanks sir,

Orb
                        - Orb Farms

Comment

Programmers - an issue spanning 17.5 hours on a major website....despite my partial responsibility. We were aware of this at 2:30 AM this morning......This is an ETERNITY in the I.T. world.

Sorry, this is frustrating,

Orb
                          Last edited by Orb Farms; 03-28-2018, 09:47 PM.
                          - Orb Farms

Comment

Working...
                          X