Important Changes For Season 40 *** Please Read ***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Changes For Season 40 *** Please Read ***

We are going to change the way the site operates from a financial aspect . Over all you will be better off ( Credit wise) and the site will be able to operate in more states legally . We are working on a new player guide (which is much harder then I thought possible) . The site is hard and frustrating which mirrors real life . Getting new stables and keeping them long term is in everyone's best interest .

1.The Site will no longer take any credits from the purse . We will instead raise the price of breeding to 10k ,and the 100 run bonuses will be paid out in BC . Please before you react do the math on how this will effect your stable . Here are some examples

Stable 1 -raced 1000 times and had purses of 3,000,000 - This stable also bred 40 horses . This stable would have made 100k in run bonuses
    under the new system the stable would have won 300k more from its purses and still get 100k in BC . It will have to spend 80k more for horses then it did last season , but is way better off.

Stable 2- raced 1700 times and had purses of 7,000,000 - this stable also bred 150 horses . This stable would have made 170k in bonuses .
    Under the new system the stable would have won 700k more from its purses and still get 170k in BC . It would have spent 300k more on breeding , but is better of financially .

2. The new championship format - We will have fully guaranteed purses of 250k finals and 75BC consoles for all championship . Qualifiers will be 10k with no added credits but with 100% getting paid back, your stable will be better off . We will also guarantee the create challenges 150k with 50k BC for Consoles . The top 6 finishers in each race will win credits . There will be 6 qualifiers . We are raising the DD fee to 3k and 20k after the fact .

We have dropped the breeding fee to 7k - vet 1k -horseshoes to 1k -DD fee to 1k and also dropped the DD fee to 8k after the fact . These prices will be in effect until the last day of the season .

I will announce new trainer payouts for season 40 - I am working on some silver coins/medal that will be awarded to winners of championships , H.O.Y and T.O.Y. The cost of shipping trophies around the world is getting out of hand . Plus a couple of trophies were made wrong . I will update as soon as I know how we will proceed .

The first few days of next season will have some races paying some part of the purse to the site as we transition into the new format .These will not be changed its just part of transition .

Create cost will be 6k with DD fee included . 48k for 10 packs . They will also be random sex and only 2yo .

We will also bring back the season breeding limits . 20 per stud and 7 per mare . This will help find the true good breeders by spreading them out for 3 seasons .

The changes are better for the community rather then the site , but will be better for everyone long term.

We are going to start the season with a breeding series for new 2yo .Any breeding games/races from the community would be helpful as well .Pm me any details or questions .

We are working on finding ways to fix some of the issues that have been stated . We have a very big vision for the future of the site and hope your part of it . Thanks and Good Luck
    Admin.

Limiting the breeding doesnt help the players. I'm one that likes to give out free breeds to my fellow peers. I also believe breeders become worse with age change. Not sure I like this idea, we have tried this before and it wasn't successful.

Are we reading this right? Champ Finals are guaranteed 250k but what does that mean?? Does it mean they wont be more than $250k purse? So the champ final winner will receive 150k if it is 60 percent payout? I have always been in favor of champ finals of 500k plus purses. Seems to me we are going backwards on this subject.

Comment

75 bc THATS A JOKE JUST GET RID OUT CONSO RACES
      SPARTANS! What is YOUR profession?

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

I think that is probably a typo my guess is it should read 75K bonus credits, but Lone can confirm this. Also Aloya please let me know if you are running either or both of your horses in the Glitter Gulch Gallop as the race is 1 week away and I need to get the jockeys assigned to the entrants, thanks.

Burky
        STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
        LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
        HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

OK, so right off the bat, your math is wrong. In your beakdown of earnings, you give equal value to credits and BC's. So now if the run bonus is going to be BC's, then unless we are getting 12000 of them, we are getting less value for the bonus. That being said, you know what you need to do for the site financially better than I do.

Regarding the Finals, I predict your entries will fall off sharply with the 6 spot payout. The investment in a horse to achieve the finals is substantial. Everyone should be able to retrieve some of their investment. I know I will be much more selective as far as my entering Quali's is concerned. I should mention, I actually like the 6 spots better, but for the sake of the Site, and the Finals, I think it should stay the way it is.

As far as limiting the breeds, your explanation doesn't make any sense. The good breeders can just as easily be found in one season as 3. Your financial plan is based, and will only work if you promote and increase breeding, since this is where you will derive your revenue. If there is another explanation, i'd like to hear it. Otherwise it doesn't make sense to inhibit it. If it's an attempt to help the 3yo platform, it won't. Just as many or more horses will be retired because of the limits. Your best shot at increasing racing is the yearling group which would ensure 2 full seasons for every horse. You get about 1 1/2 now.

Just doesn't make any sense, and I find it hard to believe the rank and file would support it, if they were polled.
          Last edited by Foggydan Farms; 04-23-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Aloya it is 75k BC which makes the champ purse 325k total

Greeko I agree and I want the finals purse larger , but we need to get more stables and would like to see how it works out this season . We had 4 or 5 not even make it to 250k this season and that was with more qualifiers and with a part of the purse coming from community . This first season of new format is a test and we will adjust in future seasons . I also do not think any horse won 150 or so in any final . I see this as a big step forward .

Dan - we are giving back 10% more every race plus the 10kBC ,and your getting 10% instantly when you hit the boards in any race . The breeding limit is not good for the site short term , but I think it will keep a trainer from breeding to many hopefuls and getting crushed by results . I had this horse

Ss Soul Taker

Every offspring had killer WO numbers and they all failed . I had a couple more like this . I would breed a ton of horses and when they could not win a 3k claimer it would crush me. I just want to put in a few safe guards for newer players to help weed out the bad breeders . I am also working on the WO issue for all horses . It is a flawed system and I want to get it right .

We also added breeds to all breeders so it give you plenty of breeds per season . .

I also hope this is the only season that we do not have a 1yo breeding class .
            Admin.

Comment

Higher breeding costs will lead to less breeding.
              Lower limits on breeders will lead to less breeding.
              Less breeding will lead to smaller fields
              Smaller fields will lead to smaller purses.
              Smaller purses will lead to fewer players.
              All the above will lead to less financial success for site.
              Last edited by Buddha Farms; 04-24-2018, 07:11 AM.
              Doing is the best way of saying

Comment

My hope is that by leaving more money on the field that it will keep the breeding about the same or a little less . Breeding for some stables is the best part of the site. Finding the next champion . Guaranteed final purses should also help with breeding . I also hope it adds value to current stock . Thanks .
                Admin.

Comment

Overall.....I like the changes

Comment

I understand the changes, when I try to portray myself as the site owner...... Someone who has to be financially accountable to forecast - in advance - a budget for:

1. Current Format and upkeep for future race season/s
                    2. IT/Repair costs/Server Maintenance
                    3. Research and Development/Programmers
                    4. License, Attorney, miscellaneous fees

.....So, to maintain some semblance of forecasting, budgeting.....Simplifying this by receiving revenue from breeding and associated up-front fees, and eliminating fees from purses (impossible to forecast) allow for more financial control......because 100% of the revenue is invested up front.

Conversely, we as players invest, and then we need to focus on our horse's "shelf-life", because the longer we can generate revenue from the same horse, over multiple seasons, the more we profit......as 100% of purses are at stake.

Let us not forget to the legal aspect of the matter....... Countries and states within the US may be providing pressure, based on the criteria used for we owners and the site to exchange monies.

.....I am not stating my position, just pointing out my vision of the new system.....

Orb
                    - Orb Farms

Comment

Iv'e been sitting back for a few months now just watching how this site was changing the way I predicted in my post (Disgusted). Although the word CREATE has not been mentioned here in season 40 changes, I feel the sale of Create are the main purpose for Lone's new changes.
                      Like I said in my post "Disgusted" breeders are being over run by creates and now rule because that's where Lone thinks the money is.
                      I came here to breed the next Champ not play the pull tab game hoping to roll out a create champ. Hundreds of hours even years have been spent in raising, trading, buying good breeding stock because it was fun and challenging, it also helped me communicate with other members to become a better stable, thus making DigitalDowns a place of enjoyment.

The new rules for season 40 will do exactly what Buddha Farms said and BREEDING will take another large decline, but don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of offers and bonus on creates to help fill the empty cards. what you won't get is a chance to get a breed from the breeder page or any other member because of the decline in breeds. The ones to suffer the most will be new stables that don't have a breeding stock and are forced to rely strictly on creates or pay loan-shark prices. Can't see them sticking around long.

The site is in trouble and I blame it on Creates. I seen on Tweet last week free membership with added BC for anyone that wanted to join. That should be a good sign things are not working.

There was talk of season 40 starting out with a bonus on breeds in place of yearlings, instead its now changed to higher breeding cost and a cut back on breeds per horse. I'll pay my dues but think season 40 will be a watch season for me if things don't change (Hopefully back to the way it was). Good Luck everyone!
                      Last edited by Winner Circle Ranch; 04-29-2018, 04:33 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Star Stables View Post
                        We are going to change the way the site operates from a financial aspect . Over all you will be better off ( Credit wise) and the site will be able to operate in more states legally . We are working on a new player guide (which is much harder then I thought possible) . The site is hard and frustrating which mirrors real life . Getting new stables and keeping them long term is in everyone's best interest .

"How's the guides doing any progress just out of curiosity?"

We have dropped the breeding fee to 7k - vet 1k -horseshoes to 1k -DD fee to 1k and also dropped the DD fee to 8k after the fact . These prices will be in effect until the last day of the season .

"Did i miss another post because I'm sill paying 2k for each Hs and Vet exams?"

We are working on finding ways to fix some of the issues that have been stated . We have a very big vision for the future of the site and hope your part of it . Thanks and Good Luck
                        Regards Beast...

Comment

Working...
                        X