Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone, I joined the site a few weeks ago, still in the learning process of course, enjoying it so far.
    I have a couple of questions for the community.
    How often are you supposed to race your horse, is once a week too often? Are there penalties for running them too often?
    Also, can someone point me in the right direction where I can find info or explain to me the Champ races, the qualifying process, how many qualifiers, starting nomination fee to be eligible, where are the standings, etc. I see there are 2 kinds, for create and bred horses, also does not take much to realize bred horses are in general faster at trials than create horses.
    I read something about 100 runs bonus, can someone explain? Are any others?
    Sorry for too many questions, I generally like to learn by trail and error.
    Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the site Desperado. My name John , it looks like your doing pretty good so far. Keep it up.

If you need any free breeds dont hesitate to ask. New season is around the corner only 6 days away.

Comment

Welcome Desperado...don't be sorry about asking questions...lot's of helpful people here. I'll try to help some...

You can run horses as often as you like. Just be sure you get their meters back up for optimal performance before running them. There is no penalty for running too often other than if you don't get the meters up first then they likely won't run well and you waste a race. Each horse has a race life span whether it be 5 races or 100 races but we don't know what that lifespan is. Once they reach their number their performance will fall off dramatically.

In the DD Community section of the forum read the changes for season 40 post. This will explain some of the changes taking place next season and some of those changes are in the champ races. There are qualifier races where horses earn points. The top 12 point earners get a spot in the champ race for that category. At the top of the site pages you will see a Champion Standings tab. In that tab you can find the champ categories, standings and qualifier schedule.

The bonus is for every 100 races you run the site will reward you with 10 BC credits.

Lots of helpful people so never hesitate posting any questions. If you would like any private help feel free to PM me.

Paul

Comment

Welcome Desperado, nice going so far.

Comment

Hi D, welcome to the gang. If you need help and advice from the Southern Hemisphere, just holler.

Norm
          "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, I been winning some maiden races but I do know having played on different sites in the past that by this time of the season with just a few days to go the better 2 y olds have wins already so the fields must be weaker in maiden races, in any case I welcome them of course.
            I see that most horses trial pretty close to each other so I guess running them will be the only way to know if they are truly good or not.

The only drawback I see for new members is the gap between creates and bred horses, not been able to breed any and few options available to lease mares or sires. I bought one sire in auction so I bred a few, of course I need more sires and more mare options than the ones offered to lease or all my horses will end up being related, LOL.

Mind you last question, why we have champ races for both create and bred horses or races exclusively for create horses for that matter? Is this due to lower quality in generally speaking of create horses?

Comment

Yes there is a gap between creates and breeds if you want to compete at the upper echelons of the game. Take advantage of offers people make to give you free horses or free breedings like John offered. That and some advice will help you on your way. PM me if you would like and I’ll also help with some free breedings or horses. Several of us look at it as paying it forward because of the help we got in the beginning and perhaps one day you will pay forward too.

Comment

I don't agree. Some of the best horses to ever race here were creates. Some of the best breeders on the site have been creates. The gap, if you can call it that is the "hit rate" between a quality breeding combination and the "hit rate" of pulling a great create. Factor in that creates are about 1/2 the price, and you can make a case for using creates to build your stable. Your subsequent breeding ability makes them very close, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Foggydan Farms View Post
                  I don't agree. Some of the best horses to ever race here were creates. Some of the best breeders on the site have been creates. The gap, if you can call it that is the "hit rate" between a quality breeding combination and the "hit rate" of pulling a great create. Factor in that creates are about 1/2 the price, and you can make a case for using creates to build your stable. Your subsequent breeding ability makes them very close, in my opinion.

I will respectfully agree and disagree Dan. I believe there is in general a gap between Breds and Creates at the top levels of racing as I believe there should be. Yes there are some good creates from time to time but of the top 20 lifetime earners only 2 are creates and both of them come from many, many seasons ago. There are 4 creates in the top 20 earners for this season. So, yes you can get some good ones and the really good ones can compete with breds in the top races but I believe that most creates who are solid competitors in create championships are still a cut below that against breds in ability...not all but most.

I absolutely agree that the "hit rate" between creates and quality breeding is substantial...and again I believe it should be. I also agree that creates often make decent breeders and I agree that makes them a good way in terms of value to build a racing and breeding stable, especially if building from scratch. JMHO

Comment

Working...
                  X