How Lucky Are You Feeling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Lucky Are You Feeling?

After much deliberation, I have decided to finally hang up the pink silks after today's racing. I have been playing the game virtually non-stop since 2005 with a couple of minor breaks. It has been a long and illustrious career packed full of great memories and fond friendships. I have achieved everything I wanted to, except for that elusive Triple Crown. Good to see it finally go off last season.

I think back to those early DD seasons where no one had a clue what they were doing, even the then current owner lol. It has manifested itself into a great game now with a lot more information around to help both veteran and rookie alike. Thanks to Freddie for his enthusiasm in taking over the site when it was floundering. It isn't where he wants it yet, but there is a solid core of good competitive players who all know that their success depends upon the sharing of information to get rookies up and running asap.

Now for the lucky bit... as a parting gift, I have bred my last horse, a filly who works 6f in 1:08.79 and I have no doubt that she will shine on the track. I put her in a Claimer tomorrow. Hopefully you read this post in time to get your claim on her. Look for "Fond Farewell" and the best of luck with the claim along with your future online and offline pursuits.

a fond farewell,

Norm
    "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

April Fool's Day was two months ago
    ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
    Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
    https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Wow, this is unexpected in so many ways...
      You know, i'm gonna wait and see if you're just pulling legs, before I bid goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Dog Soup View Post
        April Fool's Day was two months ago
        Exactly!

Comment

Norm

This is a shock to read, and wish you all the best at the same time.

You were one of the first ones to share some great advice with me about the game when I first joined. I would message you constantly and you would put up with my banter. It was much appreciated and many of us followed your way of educating others who joined the game with advice on how to race and be competitive.

We are a small racing community here and we are going to miss you.

Thank you and take care!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greeko Holdem View Post
            Norm

This is a shock to read, and wish you all the best at the same time.

You were one of the first ones to share some great advice with me about the game when I first joined. I would message you constantly and you would put up with my banter. It was much appreciated and many of us followed your way of educating others who joined the game with advice on how to race and be competitive.

We are a small racing community here and we are going to miss you.

Thank you and take care!!!!
            Haha i still msg till now seems like he hasn’t changed still giving out those great advices..Hope we meet one day bud

Comment

I know from our talks last year Norm that you have been contemplating you DD retirement for a while now. You are a good man, and a good friend. You attained a level of respect that others can only aspire to reach. See you somewhere down the " road of life "... and good luck with your next phase... SG

Comment

is that time of the year again? Time does indeed fly.
                Doing is the best way of saying

Comment

you cant leave - You have to stay to see what we are doing with yearlings this season . It will blow your socks off . If you were socks
                  Admin.

Comment

Hi there and good day Norm i might not know u well but from what i have heard from others and the community that u r an Honorable person an most respected an take it from me it's a shame 2 c u leave my friend i wish u an your family all the best in your future endeavors William From Pancho Racing Stables !

Comment

Norm, i have learned quite a bit from you as well. I remember when you let me hold a few and I learned quite a bit there as well.
                      You are a true legend of this game and a great guy as well. I will miss you mostly on the track.
                      Hope you return some day. These games are hard to get away from in any kind of permanent way, but each one knows their own priorities. And I can imagine you doing this for as long as you have. The countless training titles alone takes some effort. I could go on but, sincerely will you all the best...

Comment

Well done Norm. Cheers.

Comment

Say it isn't so Norm...

Comment

Working...
                          X