Seems only filly coming out?

bred 4 to test got two colts and two fillies
    ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
    Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
    https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

breed 2 got one of each
      Speed doesn’t matter as much as direction.

Comment

I would rather have the fillies Chris!

Orb
        - Orb Farms

Comment

LOL Orb,

OK just my luck with the ladies.

Comment

I wanted to know if this new yearling thing has any impact on competitive advantage over purchasing traditional 2 year olds? i,e, if someone were to "master" working their yearlings, will that owner have "better" horses.....or is this more of an "early speed/stalker/closer" thing?

Thanks admin....I can't buy yearlings just yet.....just curious...

We would need to know if this is "the way forward"...

My best,
            Orb
            Last edited by Orb Farms; 07-09-2018, 07:32 PM.
            - Orb Farms

Comment

Originally posted by Orb Farms View Post
              I wanted to know if this new yearling thing has any impact on competitive advantage over purchasing traditional 2 year olds? i,e, if someone were to "master" working their yearlings, will that owner have "better" horses.....or is this more of an "early speed/stalker/closer" thing?

Thanks admin....I can't buy yearlings just yet.....just curious...

We would need to know if this is "the way forward"...

My best,
              Orb

Hope you have better luck getting an answer Orb. I've asked twice what the purpose is and what we are supposed to be able to determine from it and so far... ... ...crickets!

Comment

AMRS I know Freddie and Brian are super busy.....They will answer, but they probably need to fashion an answer that doesn't raise more questions....

It will come!

My best to you friend!

Orb
                - Orb Farms

Comment

Sorry for not responding just dont know how much info Freddie wants to give out.

I guess I can give a quick run down on it. You'll get two trains per day. Actually looks like 3 trains per day now. Each train will upgrade one of the threee slide bars. You can slide the bar up or down and then save it.
                  Where you set the slide bar should give you a change in your horse. Nothing drastic but noticeable when I was testing. After a while the positioning will reset..and will have to be trained again to move the slide.
                  Hope this helps some.
                  ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
                  Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
                  https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

OK...let me see if I can lay this out coherently without expressing too much of my frustration over releasing a change without giving any info about it.

First...to your point Orb about them being busy and wanting to fashion their answer the right way...I understand that but my point is that an explanation for this (or any change) should have already been fashioned and posted before anything new gets released. It's ridiculous to say here's a new release but we're not telling you anything about it. Try it and good luck!!! You shouldn't be saying we are working on a guide...that should have already been done before the release.

Second...with all due respect Brian your post really told us nothing..."where you set the slide bar should give you a change in your horse" tells us nothing. What kind of change? I understand that you don't want to give out too much info and want us to figure out the nuances ourselves...I get that and I agree with that...but you can't just say here's a release but we're not telling you what it's general purpose is.

Here's examples...we know the purpose of medications and equipment is to improve the horse at certain distances but it's up to us to figure out what combinations work at what distances. We know the purpose of training times is to give us an indication of a horses distance preference, running style and even an idea of class...despite the uproar about morning glories...but it's up to us to figure out the right combination for our horse. The purpose of meters is to maximize a horses traits but it's up to us to determine how. When horseshoes were added the purpose was explained that even though they improve workout times they don't make the horse faster but improves their racing lifespan.

Notice the common denominator? Purpose is known!!! With this no purpose has been given. We have no idea what change the slide bar setting is supposed to show us about the horse. The complaint about yearlings before was that their workout times when compared to 2yo times didn't correlate to the same ability...I have my own opinion about whether that was true or not but that's another subject. I fail to see how slide bars would help that IF that's the purpose. I fail to see how slide bars would be necessary to give an indication of a horses running style, distance or class as opposed to regular training IF that's the purpose. IF the purpose is to be able to have control over whether the horse is a claimer or a stakes horse (control over the amount of talent a horse has) we haven't been told that either...and actually if that's the purpose I wholeheartedly object to this!!!

In summary...a new release should not be made until an explanation of it's purpose is ready to be given.

Comment

I think the stated purpose from Lone was "more control"......I am actually cautiously excited to see something like this..... but, with that said, I will reserve judgment.....as both you and I are only playing trivia as to the "extent" of "more control".... I personally believe you can shape (or discover) your horse into a sprinter/stalker/closer, and perhaps a LITTLE distance......

......I remember when I first started, someone told me that ULT when we breed or purchase afforded us a TINY, TEENY bit of control over how our horses run....I GUESS this to be an extension of that statement...

....but this would just be an educated guess.......

While I agree with you that the uncertainty is giving me the bubble guts (LOL), I trust these guys will provide enough info for us to want to play on!

I know (....and you know me )......I want to know now!!!! But it's early...

Orb and AMRS anxious in the paddock!!!!!
                      Last edited by Orb Farms; 07-10-2018, 06:33 AM.
                      - Orb Farms

Comment

I like it....... I think for example this might make one of those horses who goes out SUPER fast alter his/her pace just a little bit.... by training off track.....

Another COOL chess game, lads --> change is difficult, but this adds an element without impacting the race card....it's yearlings.

Time will tell, and lots more to come I assume.....such as doing all the adds + meds before on ULT, then go to OTT.......but the guide is coming.

I tried one, and I like it. Way cool opportunity to make us feel like actual trainers!

This is my assumption, considering we can toggle:

1. Endurance (holding some back for distance)
                        2. Gate (Getting out faster)
                        3. Strength (Stretch run or closing)

Keep an open mind.....I believe we are on track to be more like actual trainers.....

Orb
                        Last edited by Orb Farms; 07-10-2018, 09:27 AM.
                        - Orb Farms

Comment

Working...
                        X