The Eliminator Season 41

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eliminator Season 41

I would like to start next season with an Eliminator series . We have lowered the breeding fee to only 5k and added Off Track Training to help improve 1yo horses long term . The OTT will also give you a little more control of your horse . The Series/Series Purse will depend on how many 1yo are bred .Thanks and Good Luck in the finals .
    Admin.

We need a certain number of 1yo's for the Eliminator to run next season with added credits . Were about 30% there . I hope we can get enough to start the season off right . Thanks and good luck next season
    Admin.

Comment

Remind me how the Eliminator purse works...or how it will work next season. Do all the entry fees go to the Finals only or will there be a qualifier purse?

Comment

I am going to go ahead and set up the Eliminator . We are still short on horses but I hope having it set up will inspire a few trainers to breed a few more yearlings .
        It will be colts/fillies and creates all in the same series .

We will add 150k Plus a Trophy To The Eliminator Champ .

Entry will be 7k 7f Bel Dirt .

I will base the format on eliminator having 25-36 Horses 3 legs . We can adjust either for higher entries or lower .

Round 1 - each race will have a 15k Purse . (9-1-18)
        Top 3 in each leg will move to winners bracket . horse 4-6 will go to Console -Horses That finish lower then 6 are out .

Round 2- Winner bracket (top 3 of 1st race) Purse 45k (9-4-18) ----Top 4 Move on
        Console race ( horses who finished 4-6 of 1st race) Purse 25k -- End Of The Road For These Horses.

Round 3- Finals Top 4 Of Round 2 Winner Bracket (9-9-18) Purse will be between 210k and 284k depending on how close we get to 36 horses entered . If we can double the field to 72 that would be a very nice way to start of next season .

Admin.

Comment

Eliminator round 1 has been added. I'll post password as soon as I get clarification on something from Freddie. Shouldnt be long.
          ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
          Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
          https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Okay I was a bit confused about the purse for each round. Purse get 0'd out each of the qualifiers and moved to the final except the consolation races like we have done in the past.

since september is here the password for the race is

fall
            ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
            Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
            https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

I'm still confused. Lone says...
              Round 1 $15K purse
              Round 2 Purse $45K

Brian says "Purse get 0'd out each of the qualifiers and moved to the final"

Is there a purse in Round 1 & 2 or not? Do the top finishers in Round 1 & 2 earn any money or $0 and only advance to next round?

Comment

If 30 horses run then the purse will be 210k plus the 150k the site is adding- the purse is then taken and divided into each round - 15k per leg round 1 , round 2 will have a 45k winner leg and a 25k console . The balance will then go to the finals . let me know if that explained it better . thanks
                Admin.

Comment

I really think you are going to have trouble filling this series.

I have bred a dozen or so yearlings. I have four left. The best is a gelding which I got down to 1:09.03. The other 3 are in the 1:09.30 range. The initial work (naked) of most of my yearlings was in the 1:09.50-1:09.60 range. After OTT the bulk didn't improve but a few did but only by .10 secs, which Orb observed.

The unknown is what times they will run as a 2yo.

Your first Eliminator heat is on 1st September, so there won't be time to work the yearling as a 2yo to see whether it is worth putting in the series. The field will be listed the previous day before it turns 2yo.

You are assuming that these yearlings will perform as well as a 2yo breed next season, I don't share your confidence. As a front-end user, I have no benchmarks to see what kind of animal/s I have in my stable. Currently, the top 2yo's are working 1:08.80s or better. Is my gelding going to improve as a 2yo? Who knows? Are there yearlings already working in the 1:08.80 range? There are too many unknowns at this stage to be confident of a horse being good enough for the Eliminator series next season. The following season maybe. It is all a pie in the sky.

If you do go ahead with the series, I will put my gelding in but I can't see the sense in breeding more in the HOPE that I will get a similar or better one.

Norm
                  Last edited by Trunoble Lodge; 08-20-2018, 11:40 PM.
                  "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

I agree with Norm. The ones I've played around with don't appear to be competitive at all (I would be thrilled to see one anywhere near 1:09.03). Unless you are going to tell us they are going to improve supernaturally upon turning 2 I just don't see them being competitive with bred 2yo. I guess they will be competitive with each other but once the eliminator is over they have to be able to compete with bred 2yo and at this point I just don't see it happening.

I'll probably donate $7K to run one just to see what happens and get a baseline but I too don't see spending much on yearlings this season just to watch them run up the track against bred 2yo the rest of the season.

Comment

I cannot see any races for my yearlings???? Probably my subscription....so I'll check...

If this is a cycle of moving the needle back a bit, which happens, then all things considered, we should be racing the same caliber horses....

Further, I feel that breeding comes in cycles.....Bad "weeks", or bad "3-day stretches", followed by "luckier" stretches.....who knows....

...And finally, I am not sure this is a such a bad thing....I recall ALL of us getting 1:08.69 yearlings a few seasons back...We all thought "Bob's Your Uncle"......

....Then those 1:08.69 horses had a DRF tagline of "Eased Up" in a $3k claimer.

As Shakespeare quipped in Sonnet 94 (I believe)

For the sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds
                      Lilies that fester, smell far worse than weeds.

i.e., Fools-gold sucks!

The Scholarly Orb
                      - Orb Farms

Comment

i brought this up a couple weeks ago that I was not seeing very many horses with good first works on the daily page and was wondering if the quality of horses at least horses workout times were getting slower. it appears that it is in my opinion

Comment

I understand the concerns . They will compete with each other for the first 3 races so they will all have the same chance to win The Eliminator . The horses have not been changed at all , but we usually have 3 times the horses bred as 1yo that we do now . So the pool is a little more shallow . They will compete vs the 2yo bred as 2yo . You will be able to train them as 2yo before the race so you will be able to see how they train as 2yo . I hope the added Purse plus the discounted breeding cost will help spur some more 1yo breeding . Many trainers have more credits and bonus credits with the all finals being run this month as well. I hope we have a strong turnout and if we don't then some horse will win a very nice purse .Either way Great Luck .

PS.I still remember Val's Gone Wild- She was a horse that won the Eliminator when first started racing. I just check and she was bred as a 1yo . They will compete .
                          Admin.

Comment

The Eliminator structure is good but my point is that you won't get many entrants based on the times that most of these yearlings are working because the only benchmarks we have are 2yo workout times at certain distances and these yearlings (quite rightly) are working a lot slower.

I went back to the Trunoble drawing board and tried a different approach which displayed results that may get you more entrants.

I had bred a couple of 2yo's that I will be placing in the last Late heat. They are working in the 1:08.80s. I used the new multi training program pitting these 2yo's against my 3 remaining yearlings (a gelding working in the low 1:09.00s and 2 fillies working in the 1:09.30s). I ran a few tests, changing gate draw. Unfortunately, the new multi training program favors the inside post, but I had enough info to see that the fillies can run under 1:09. A couple of runs they were in the 1:08.75 range. The yearling gelding didn't improve with its best run just under 1:09. These times are still slower than race times (around 1:08.40 on avg.) but still give me more hope that they aren't 1:09.30 working 2yo's.

Norm

"There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

Hi Norm l am trying to get in touch with you but you don't pm me any more m8 Where can we talk m8 ty Q

Comment

Working...
                              X