No announcement yet.

Horses View From The Back End :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon I always,took it that the ideal weight as more the top end. That 125 is incredibly rare. I assume it's tied into age factor as well a 120 weight runs good as a two year old but carrying 122 at 3yo not so well. Fairly certain it's an inheritable trait as well so even though you can't see it on a horse that runs well at 122 or higher. Not guaranteed but better chance the offspring will carry weight well also. By far Im no expert on this but pretty certain. Freddie can correct me if I post any fake news.
    ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
    Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
    https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Thanks for the guess Brian but do we have a definitive answer from the 2 that know?

Comment

Dragon Its like the other numbers you see . Usually the higher it is the better the horses runs at higher weights , but it is not always true. There are horses with 125 that can not run a lick . Its how all these attributes work together . On the third screenshot all those horses won 7 races . some had ideal weight of 117 all the way to 126. There is a lot we do not see because its not about any 1 number . These just give us an idea of the potential a horse has . Example a horse with all 90s is better then one with all 60s. That is why giving info of a horse would be a bad idea.. If you look at just the speed.on third image it goes from 84 to 100. they all won 7 races . In route horses the first speed number is less important then sprinters . There is a lot of grey area and that is why looking closely at timed workout number splits will give you the best idea of what type of horse you have , Then like everyone else when you place it in a race vs other horses is the only way to know if it has heart . Hopefully that explained it a bit better . thanks
        Admin.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I originally voted yes for the former owner to return as a player however now i have an uneasy feeling about it. Must say it also coincides with my worst form on the track i can remember so maybe that is clouding my judgement. I think i will just watch for a while and see how this plays out.

Comment

There is no magic number that makes a horse any one thing ,or the result of any one race . I can see all the numbers and can not tell you a definite answer to who will win the race . I have tried
            for programming purposes . I also can not tell you how good a breed will be . Seeing the numbers gives me an idea , but its the same with looking at the results on form page. It is actually easier for me to look at the form page to get an over feel for the horse. I saw a horse the other day with very high numbers .I thought it was going to be a great horse ,but turned out to be a morning glory .

I have tried to post as much info as possible , Much more then the previous owners . I have also made training more exact to take away some of the guessing part. on top of that you have unlimited training .

This site is for entertainment only , no one will make any meaningful money like a lottery . I hope everyone here is entertain and like to compete vs each other . Toc is a tough comparator . He was when I played here and I imagen he will be now .

Like any thing worth doing it must be hard to accomplish or would not be worth the effort and time. There is a lot of skill and some randomness to the site . I am working on making the site even better . Thanks for being part of the site. Its been more then 5 years that you joined , wow where does the time go , Good Luck
            Admin.

Comment

I must say the more information that comes out the more I feel its almost entirely random. with statements like "notice there is no number for heart" and "
              There is a lot we do not see because its not about any 1 number" but the handicapper software seems to be very accurate when it comes to predicting winners. If there are more numbers we don't see which is a weird statement to me because computer programs deal with definite numbers and formulas but yet there are hidden numbers that the the people who run the site cant even see. Come on now that is 1 of 2 things a true statement which is hard to believe because computer programs deal with numbers and formulas and to come to an accurate conclusion the program needs accurate numbers or its bunch of BS to convince people there is skill involved in the game and your decisions will make the difference. Frankly I think the only skill is placement at this point, everyone knows how to train a horse there is no mystery to training. So in reality all this info just shows me that this game is 90% random( supposed unknown factors and post position) and 10% skill if that ( placement and instruction). I personally wish didn't know any of this info, it has just shown me that the site and the race engine is not what it seems. I will still play but we are going into deep water here with all of this.
              Just my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
              X