Meter Reset For New Stables . Please Vote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meter Reset For New Stables . Please Vote

We are going to start an advertisement campaign in the next 30 days We are just waiting on some videos that are being made . One of out biggest issues is new stables understanding of meters .
    We have the option to allow new stables and only new stables the chance to reset their horses meters so that they can race . We can allow them to do ii till they have 10 wins ,25 wins or 50 wins.
    I think this will allow them not to get to frustrated and quit . Please vote and let us know your thought . Thanks
    0 do not allow
    72.73%
    10 wins
    27.27%
    25 wins
    0%
    50 wins
    0%
    Admin.

We need free races for new players to learn. These should not count as stable wins. How can a new stable be expected to pay money to play a game they know nothing about.

My vote is no to the poll question because resetting the meters doesnt allow them to learn anything.

Comment

I agree with Greeko on this one, when i first started we had for newbies special races which where free to enter with nothing to win but experience. I think it would be more beneficial if new players just got lets say 35 races for free.
      Speed doesn’t matter as much as direction.

Comment

I just don't know if we will get enough new stables to fill or get free races to go off. If they keep getting their races cancelled since they do not 3 horses it might turn them off. any ideas to help keep new trainers here to stay will help . no idea is bad unless it comes from cold dog. .Thanks
        Admin.

Comment

Have free races for all stables.. program the results and standings to show as free race standings. They will be totally separate.

I'd race my crap horses in free races if I knew they will help newbies race and learn game. Another reason to keep them around and grow the site.

Comment

I'd donate horses to the house to fill them. It's a good point. The only reason I started virtual horse racing many years ago was because of free races.
            Tockyocky Racing
            From the gate to the wire...stable on FIRE

Comment

Also some of us stables might take advantage of free races too race some breeding hopefuls since we need 10 starts to retire and breed

Comment

Every game of skill, gambling, poker, football fantasy, starts with a free trial... anywhere you log in and enter.

Comment

We do give new stables 10k plus 20k BC . so they are playing for free. The new player guide will walk them through the steps to hopefully win a race . winning races is what makes the site more fun ,
                  Admin.

Comment

I don't think resetting the meters will entice a new stable to keep playing the game. Having the meters at 100 all the time doesn't necessarily help a horse win. From my experience having SPD and FIT at 100 and the others 95 or higher is enough to make a horse competitive. I remember buying a horse named Midnight Something from Toc years ago and he had run it in a Qualifier with all meters around 85 and it still won the Qualifier. I do like John (Greeko) suggestion of established stables donating cast-off horses to run in free races as long as no stats are recorded from those races. I am sure that the larger stables will willingly put in one or two runners in these races. It really doesn't matter if the meters on these horses are perfect or not. I'd run the free races 3 times a week over the 3 different distance bands i.e. sprint, classic, route. Run them on a Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday for example. That will allow a new stable plenty of options to find placement for his/her horses. There will be times when there will be no new players participating but those races should still keep running anyway. The donated horses would be better being entered from their owner stables rather than by the site. The new player would feel that they are competing against other players not just robot horses. It all depends on how easy or difficult it is to program. I am also sure there will be new stables that will only 'compete' in these races but that is ok, they probably wouldn't have joined the mainstream anyway but there is always the chance that they will if their horses start winning. They can also 'fix their mistakes' without cost and realize from their own set-ups how horses react to certain adjustments before attempting to take on the mainstream players. They will learn much more quickly from these races than reading a tutorial over and over.

I see it as a very positive move.

Norm
                    "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

I would have to agree with the idea of free races for new stables its a terrific idea most would agree with meters there important but whats more important is learning about your horse and where to place it and that comes from trial and error

Comment

Originally posted by Greeko Holdem View Post
                        Also some of us stables might take advantage of free races too race some breeding hopefuls since we need 10 starts to retire and breed
                        These free races should not be used to sneak through a 10 count breeder. Bad enough the TCR races are used for this. This takes away from the claimer cards.

Comment

The free races that we have available wont allow anyone that has passed their initial free membership phase to enter. So no worries about being take advantage of by veteran stables. So any stable that had actually purchased a subscription couldnt enter. If we end up getting 3-4 new stables all at once I can easily add a few to give them the option to run some.
                          ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
                          Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
                          https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Originally posted by Winner Circle Ranch View Post

These free races should not be used to sneak through a 10 count breeder. Bad enough the TCR races are used for this. This takes away from the claimer cards.
                            Easy fixed. Make the entries in the free races from established stables geldings only, new stables can enter whatever they like. However, there should be no or limited stats that have no bearing on other outcomes such as Trainer's Title, Breeding Count etc. from these races.

Norm
                            "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Star Stables View Post
                              We do give new stables 10k plus 20k BC . so they are playing for free. The new player guide will walk them through the steps to hopefully win a race . winning races is what makes the site more fun ,
                              Lone don't be cheap on new members...it costs the site absolutely zero to improve the incentive. It's not coming out of your pocket. If it was me I would do 25,000 credits plus 25,000 bonus credits and 100% first deposit match and 5 create codes. Can't cash out and you can wipe the balance in 90 days if inactive. Most expensive part of this game is the initial break through.

Your forgetting a few things about your current offer. Your saying hey we will give you "X" as a new member now your on your on with what we gave you.

20k Bc's = 4 creates
                              now you have 10k credits left
                              shoes for each = 8K (why i have to pay for shoes on a new horses is honestly frustrating)
                              Visit vet (because they will want to see what the vet says...they are new) 2k each = 8K
                              lets say on one of the creates they geld it...why? well they are new players and want to see what it is. 1k

Thats potentially 17k plus the 20k bc's which means they are already -7k short and won't do much of the above let alone enter a race because the new member is bankrupt before even changing jockey silks. Just an example of what and probably does happen. So basically I am saying the onboarding of new members is flawed brother.

I agree with Norm. No reset on meters...his point about meters is dead on and again goes to the skill aspect of the game or preparation.

You want to bring new people in and keep them....wow them homie Texas style!
                              Tockyocky Racing
                              From the gate to the wire...stable on FIRE

Comment

Working...
                              X