Suggestions about breeding and yearlings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions about breeding and yearlings

Although I havent fully quit. I will be back in full throttle mode ...once I take care of my personal issues.

Biggest issue in the game are the following

Yearlings --- they suck ass!! ... as much as Lone says they are fixing them it doesnt help stables that spend money in the last month of the season only to be disappointed. I dont breed yearlings and havent in the last 2 seasons because I know they cant compete. We had a vote that said get rid of yearlings but we still get forced to try them out. I know yearlings bring revenue to the site and owners and would suggest maybe we do race yearlings to compensate on the losses some stables face.

Older runners is a big issue and dont exist in the game. I suggest implementing this ... if your gonna retire a horse at 3 years of age we should limit the breeding by age.

For example

If a colt is retired at 3 they will only get 20 breeds for its breeding life.

If a colt is retired at 4 years old they get 10 more extra breeds lifetime and if retired at 5 years of age they will get an extra 10 breeds. Anything 6 or older they will get full 60 breeds.

something like this to entice stables to keep their horses on the track and this will increase the value of the breeders.

Also allow fillies to retire at 3 and not at 4 years of age and have the same thing as colts allow them to have 10 breeds at 3 years old then 15 breeds at 4 year old and 20 breeds at 5 years old.

The racing is a 2 year old site and we need more runners in the older divisions.

Greeko

Good to hear you will be around in some aspect!

Cheers!
    Tockyocky Racing
    From the gate to the wire...stable on FIRE

Comment

we only had a few hundred bred as 1yo , and half of those were creates . A few have won qualifiers . Also instead of making the age of mares 3 to breed maybe we raise the age of colts to 4.
      I do like the idea of rewarding a few extra breeds for racing for more years . Dropping the age down for mares will hurt the older horse race card .Thanks
      Admin.

Comment

I have no objection to raising the minimum breeding age of colts to 4yo with age rewards for breeding. It will have its merits.
        "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

4yo would be good I believe. If your horse cant win races at 4 yo or older you maybe shouldnt be too excited about breeding it.
          ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
          Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
          https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Originally posted by Trunoble Lodge View Post
            I have no objection to raising the minimum breeding age of colts to 4yo with age rewards for breeding. It will have its merits.
            the more I think about it the more I like the idea . It forces more 4yo to race and if you race at 5 yo then you get bonus breeds . This will also lower the amount of 3yo studs that produce horses that can not race as older horses .

any changes we make I want to get done before the videos come out so I can get videos and any graphics added correctly .

Last edited by Lone Star Stables; 10-18-2018, 11:46 PM.
            Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Dog Soup View Post
              4yo would be good I believe. If your horse cant win races at 4 yo or older you maybe shouldnt be too excited about breeding it.
              Not sure what you're getting at here Brian. As far as I know, the racing ability and the breeding ability of a horse are two different issues.

One of my better sires never won a race in 10 career starts but his offspring have had 44 starts for 14/10/4 1 Stake Win and 4962 avg. per race.

Norm
              "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

My question would be if you raise the breeding age and theres already a % allocated to a horses attributes for breeding is it a positive or negative the older the horse if its positive mostly then that would be beneficial for trainers to race there horse until 4yrs for colts.?

Comment

Norm. Was referring to the same as lone alluded to. Horses that have a short race life would tend to produce the same so if a horse can't win at Four it would be more likely to produce horses that can't. I'm sure there are lots of exceptions. Why I didn't say you shouldn't breed just don't get too excited
                  ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
                  Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
                  https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

I fear this season is trending to ALL homebred geldings, and super creates to save the day...... We need colt home breds. Creates making it to the breeding shed should be a fraction of homebreds...We all remember the days of super creates to save the day.

Orb
                    - Orb Farms

Comment

I agree with the age for fillies at 4 ! But if u want 2 raise the colt's from 3 to 4 Shouldn't the owner have a choice whether or not to retire his or her horse cause not all horses run at age 4 as we all no some peak early others late ! What do u do if u have a 2 yr old colt turning 3 yr old who is not performing do u keep him all season long before u get the chance 2 breed him if the age limit changes

Comment

Originally posted by Pancho Racing Stables View Post
                        What do u do if u have a 2 yr old colt turning 3 yr old who is not performing do u keep him all season long before u get the chance 2 breed him if the age limit changes
                        Yes...you wait just like we wait for fillies.

Food for thought about the 2yo geldings....Some of you are gelding horses prematurely. You are gelding 2yo's that don't match the works in a race when they could potentially match the works as a 3 yo. No sure how to fix that since everyone wants instant gratification. Well I know how to fix that but require information to be given that currently is not.

also

If you lower the mare age to 3yo you might as well make it a 2yo racing site only because the older card would be finished. Stable habits are to rush and breed.
                        Tockyocky Racing

Comment

I'm getting a real laugh out of Toc saying he has no advantage or knowledge we don't have, then he writes things like this: Well I know how to fix that but require information to be given that currently is not.

What are you trying to say here Toc?

Comment

its quite simple. The information was already posted in another thread. Probably went over your head when you read it.

If you know anything about me at all then you will know that I have a knack for virtual horse racing. The only advantage i have right now is that I am just better than you...period. I would be 10 years ago and I will be next week. Anything else is starting to be disrespectful.

When I log into my account its looks just like yours...the comparison stops there. You would think with someone like myself around, engaged and active that I would have received one single inbox about any help I can give. Yet nothing! Now i have to worry about any single bit of advice i give and how it will be perceived.

I'll help you....

Your question is What am I trying to say?

Ok...I'm saying that Lone posted a snap shot of horse attributes. Included in that was the column for ideal racing weight. 118, 120, 121 176 shit i don't care. That alone should have made you put your thinking cap on about how does that impact my horse. Well hell i don't know...what do our horses race at? Do they all race at the same weight? All ages? Why does my horse perform better in special weight races? What was the weight? Could the horse run better at 3yo or 4Yo? oh hell....lets just geld it now fuck the what ifs and lets see how low our works can go.

Please...before you come at me or my skill set think then post. Now I like WCR but that shot was uncalled for. It's bad enough that i dumped $900 and countless hours of research the last week I to build a stable don't need the nonsense on top. I have no breed stock. I have to obtain everything I have then breed or pay crazy money breeding. I have to claim or buy older horses if i want to enjoy the older card. I could sit here and tell you every little this that i do to make an impact like a virtual nerd racer that I am but if I'm competing against you how does that benefit me.

I'm here for the community..chill out and come get some on the track!
                            Last edited by Tockyocky Racing; 10-19-2018, 05:46 PM.
                            Tockyocky Racing

Comment

Oh...and I got my ass kicked on the track last night and today. Gratz to those that gave me the beatdowns. Cheers!
                              Tockyocky Racing

Comment

Working...
                              X