Thoughts on a career path

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on a career path

Like get some thoughts on where some may race a create. Its a good create...if it fires it could probably do well in DD Q's but its also a create and their are create Q's. Anyone have this issue of where to run the create? I don't see many create races besides an occasional 4F stakes that repetitive and a create qualifier. Better yet how is the quality of horses in the create Q's.

Thanks
    Tockyocky Racing
    From the gate to the wire...stable on FIRE

Many Creates compete well with DD.
    I've found them mostly competitive in 4-6F 1 3/8, 1 1/2 races.

I have one that I swing between both fences you may look at for reference. Sure you can and will do better tho.
    Snipped Eventually

Comment

I have found that while it's not as easy to get a good create as breeding that when you do get a good one they can compete with DD breds. I have two right now that fall into that category. I might have one or two more but they are 2yo that haven't run yet so I don't really know yet. You can take a look at the two I have...

I have been running Mint Ice Cream in both create and DD Q's and she's been competitive although I probably would do a bit better with her if I dropped her a little but I can be stubborn.

Broom Racer is a 5yo who is still competitive in create Q's. She was never made DD champ eligible so she's never run in a DDQ but you can see I have run her in several TCR and open allowance races and she has done very well in them.

Other than that there's the occasional create stakes that fills but not much else to run a create in other than against DD breds.

Hope that helps some.

Comment

Good stuff guys...thank you! Creates were basically unheard of and rarely raced when I was starting out years ago. Whole new world to learn which is fun! Chrisman...your runner started out 8 for 9 in the money in good races. Also, congrats on winning the British Champions Day Route...it was a great race.
        Tockyocky Racing

Comment

Dont forget Creates make great breeders!

Comment

Fake news.
            Tockyocky Racing

Comment

No Fake news

Its Greek News

See attached lifetime sire / mare list Ranked by earnings, you will find many creates in there

https://www.digitaldowns.us/new_offs...filter=te&p1=0

https://www.digitaldowns.us/new_offs...filter=te&p1=1

Comment

Thanks Toc.
                The British Champions Day Route was indeed a great race and I was fortunate for have won it.

Comment

That's because all those creates on the lifetime sire and mare page were super creates created by the site to stimulate racing back then. there are next to none now.

Comment

There are also Create broodstock in those lists which come from the very early days of DD when there was no breeding, just Creates only e.g. Pension Plan , McFly etc.

N
                    "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

I dont agree the best breeders I've had come from creates that's how I did so well and won 20 champ races in a short period of time.

Comment

Just keep the fast first work creates with no adds applied that do 1:09.00 - 1:09.25 at 6f and you will do well in this game.

Comment

The "super creates" were given out in December 2010. That would make them 25 years old now if they were bred at yearlings that december. 26 if two year old. 24 if bred as yearlings that january.
                          Of the top 20 sires as of now only LIght Show would fit into that category and it was created 7/11/10
                          ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
                          Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
                          https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

I agree with Greeko every one of my championship caliber horses have been breed from creates. Mainly create Mares do the job as I have not found the Sire to matter as much in my limited breeding. I have had some really good horses from other breeders but they die out and don't stand the test of time.

Comment

Working...
                            X