This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a few entries

I don't know who named these high credit races for Tuesday but the race named after the TNT stable needs some more entries. I put two of my donkey two yr olds in to help the race go off. All of you that want big entry fee races here you go. This race is 6f for 2 yr olds so most anyone could have one for this race. So don't be shy and come get the easy TNT money.

Eddie

Looks like they all need some entries. Hopefully they will come in today. Afraid 25k entry is just too high for now but there was a desire by a few so I posted them. If they dont hit 5 I can pull the stakes tag off this evening and let them go at 3 if that's what you all want.
    ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
    Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
    https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

I have added two runners one in each..
      Speed doesn’t matter as much as direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Dog Soup View Post
        Looks like they all need some entries. Hopefully they will come in today. Afraid 25k entry is just too high for now but there was a desire by a few so I posted them. If they dont hit 5 I can pull the stakes tag off this evening and let them go at 3 if that's what you all want.

I think the idea of a high stakes race here and there is good but posting 4 on the same day may be the downfall. The stables who are interested in entering (myself included) are probably waiting to see which ones might fill to at least 5 runners because even the big stables may not want to spend $100+ to enter a runner or more in each race especially if they end up with short fields. If I wanted to spend $25 on a short field race I would just challenge someone to a match race.

If you want to try this in the program I would card one race of this type once a month or maybe every 2-3 weeks and vary the ages, distances, surfaces, etc. from race to race giving everyone a chance to enter when one of their horses fits the race. Even smaller stables may find one they want to try then but 4 races at a time is just too overwhelming. Also, when a high stakes race is carded then promote it at least with regular and continued announcements on the forum if not with some sort of added bonus or prize. Make it an event!!!

Comment

I added a runner

Personally....I think having races named after trainers isn't that exciting. Yes yes...even if it were to be named after me (for the trolls)

$10 to $12 should be the cap for entry since the site refuses to promote it or refuses to throw real added money towards the race. No real draw to it other than lets gamble. Added money is still fake money until its taken out. We need to reverse the mindset around here. Facts! Zero race rake is not a proper excuse as it literally has nothing to do with site added money and NEVER has in all the years I have been around here. Cash converted to credits is no longer cash...its game credits and a liability. Added credits are not cash unless converted and withdrawn...just a liability. So where's the where?

Horse = $8
          Shoes = $2
          Champ Fee = $3

I'm $13 in per horse if bred in house. That's a 13,000k declining balance for one horse. Thats the equivalent of an old "race rake" in a race of approximately 110,000K purse and again a declining balance. The site for the most part does not have races of 110,000k purses like before yet the declining balance and expense of the horse is 1,000k more.

Simply put...for every horse bred shoed and champed its equal to a rake on 110,000k purse
          For every horse bred and immediately killed its equal to about the rake on a 85,000k race purse.

Bottom line....remove membership fees for new members for the first 3 months
          Streamline help on training and works
          Do some efficient targeted marketing
          Make an aggressive "win you back" campaign to any old member that hasn't raced in 6 months
          Qualifiers - all these qualifiers do not need to be run weekly cramming these races in and thats the only race that decent horses race. Move it to a rolling schedule. One set of races every 4 days. Sprint - 4 days later - Classic - 4 days later - Route. This leaves some flexibility for real racing.
          Bring back the opens...these were always solid or let the trainer races be selected further out.
          Restrict geldings from entering certain races.

I could go on...

Tockyocky Racing
          From the gate to the wire...stable on FIRE

Comment

Let me add...I really care about one thing. The return to 50 races a day. For that we need the card to be UN CHOPPED and we need 10 more enthusiastic trainers. Sometimes I just type away...so forgive my bluntness. I'm here to support 100%
            Tockyocky Racing

Comment

I didn't really care about the race name as much as I did breed a fairly quick one that I wanted to see run for a decent purse. So I tried to drum up some entries (looks like I might finish 4th and 5th). But its worth the gamble I am tired of running what might be good horses in their first race for 2.25 like I had to do with a filly that had been entered twice and both races I got my money back. With the limited lifespan of some horses, I hate these cheap maiden races. One thing that I would like to see changed. And thanks for the other three entries Good Luck.

Comment

Most of these issues present here will have to Freddie's decision. He holds the purse strings.

The minor one that I can address is the race naming. I've started using trainer names just as a means of 1. having an available name for multiple stakes races each season and 2 a small token of honoring players that have played for years. If I need a name I can just pull up the all time wins standings and pick one I havent used this season. and try to keep them somewhat consistent at the same time each season. I can easily go back to using names we've used int he past and coming up with new ones if that's what's desired.

I don't know the finances of the site. I can see what's deposited and what's cashed out etc but I have no idea about service provider hosting cost and the programmers pay and things like that. I'm sure Freddie isnt getting rich off of this or even if he's turning a profit. So anything that deals with cash will have to be his call.

I will throw out one suggestion that I think 75% or more of the players will have no issue with. What if there was a cashout fee added. Say 10% or something. Since the site really doenst have any means of actual income besides breeding this would guarantee Freddie some profit and avail him to be more secure in adding money to races and the like. I know there are players here that have played for years and not cashed out ever or very very rarely.

As far as the race card. I dont care to rework it again....if he wants to do it. Or I have some of the older ones that could be re implemented. The only issue is more races equals fewer entries over all. When I played I preferrred to run my horses exactly where I wanted them. Horse A....20k claimer at 6F. I would hate to drop it to 12k or move up to 30k if no 20k race was available. So I understand why players want more races but I also see why the races were consolidated so that we didnt have twice the number of races but they only had 3-4 entries. I dont know the solution to this issue.

I do agree with scrapping the membership fee. If there's no legal issue that would require it. People are just going to breed an extra horse each month instead of paying that fee. Seems I had that same opinion years ago.

That's about all I can address that's been mentioned...for what my opinion matters. When Freddie is back full time I'm sure he can address them better than I can.

Thanks for being constructive with responses and not turning it into a gripe fest. Everyone has the same goal of improving the site. Hopefully some of these issues can be addressed in a matter that works for all players and admin.
                Brian Ta Das...

Comment

Ownerships turns a healthy profit so please lets not go there and nor do I care what ownership profits. Server fees are minimal (I know). Programming fees are again minimal (Iknow). I do not want a response from Freddie or admin on this thread. Less talk more action!

Cash out fees are perfectly acceptable.

Again...lets clear this up because I keep seeing this everywhere. Site makes money from deposits not breeding, not racing....nothing else. All aspects of the game have a declining balance of the credits purchased and its just fake game currency.

Race rake was never and could never be income. So all previous race rakes never went to the site to begin with...it just declined the credit balance. Using the removal of race rake as a reason for no added money is irresponsible and fake news as the folks in Texas like to say.

breeding
                  shoes
                  geld
                  champ fee
                  sales fee
                  listing fes
                  etc etc etc

Are all declining balance items of credits purchased. Purchasing credits is income....this is the only income. Everything else is intended purposely to decline your credits that you purchased.

The thinking by admin is to not add credits because admin thinks it will create less deposits. This is flawed thinking and stunts site growth. Most don't play here with the expectation to withdraw and make it a cash machine. Most play as a hobby or they are horse enthusiasts that don't mind depositing here and there for their entertainment. People breed more and race more with these credits. All of this can not be argued....just step up and kick some ass. Period!

Again...I support Freddie 100% but I'd like to cut through the bullshit so we can actually make real impact

Lets Race
                  Last edited by Tockyocky Racing; 11-13-2018, 09:33 AM.
                  Tockyocky Racing

Comment

my filly I hoped would run decent won that 2250 maiden and got me 9k in credits. Not sure what she beat but I will say again I wish we had something better than the sometimes dd Friday maidens. Other than going straight to stakes races. If someone has a better idea of where to run decent first timers I am all ears.
                    Good luck at the races,
                    Eddie

Comment

I know it really means nothing but why call something a stakes race when it doesn't show up as a stakes race. smh

Comment

what isnt showing up? they should show up unless i forgot to check the stakes box...which can happen...as you know with anything I touch.
                        Brian Ta Das...

Comment

on the breeding page of sire and mare

Comment

k that a programming issue I guess. Maybe Lone can get them to look at why its not picking up all the stakes races. If you have particular races I can look and verify if they were set as stakes or not.
                            Brian Ta Das...

Comment

I will have them look into it . Which race was it would be helpful . Thanks
                              Admin.

Comment

Working...
                              X