Should we go back to old triple crown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we go back to old triple crown

Just a thought, would members like to go back to the old triple crown were fillies raced fillies and colts raced colts.
    Yes
    75.00%
    No
    12.50%
    Not Bothered
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

Speed doesn’t matter as much as direction.

I think the issue here is getting the races to fill. It would be great to be able to run two divisions again. But when the Belmont doesnt fill only getting 8 entries with 3 fillies. I would be willing to say that if we dont have the numbers to run filly only divisions. . Say the stakes races in the first couple of months of a season start splitting especially the filly divisions then it wouldnt take much to convince Freddie to run a filly division on the TC. With Tock back and a couple of new stables making a splash maybe we can get there in the future.
    ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
    Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
    https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Yes...we should clearly make sure that big races have options for just Fillies only. Brian's statement is not a full circle statement. If a fillies race does not fill IT ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT MEAN THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH FILLIES TO FILL THE RACE!!. It means two things. 1. We need more stables (that we know) 2. Trainers need to lower the bar they think is required to run fillies.

We have to run fillies so much against colts and geldings that we lose our sense of ability for these horses.

FACTS - If a filly has the same ability as colts then they wouldn't be receiving a 2lb weight break.

Above that....Fillies should never have to race against geldings in any stakes race.

Again....there are plenty of fillies to enter these races. Trainers need to make the adjustments for the ability needed. Those of us that have raced here a long time know that Fillies for the most part run with fillies and occasionally at your own peril you can enter races against colts and gelds.

Correct me if I am wrong but I do believe fillies can run in the derby but have the option to run in the Oaks. Colts can't run oaks. This game is very similar to RL racing..the foundation was built with this in mind.

I'm not writing this to be a thorn in the side just pointing out clearly some knowledge and a change of mindset.

Tockyocky Racing
      From the gate to the wire...stable on FIRE

Comment

Maybe I'm the lone opposing vote here but I don't believe that the TC should be limited to colts & geldings. I believe that fillies should have the option to run just as they do in the real TC. After all fillies have won the TC and the only DD TC winner so far with a combined field was a filly. Now I do also agree with the idea that there should be alternate filly only big races like the real racing Kentucky Oaks, Black-Eyed Susan Stakes and the Acorn Stakes for the filly version of the TC but don't exclude fillies from the true TC as that should still be the most prestigious series.

In real racing it is very rare to find a big race that is limited to colts & geldings. However, there are races limited to fillies only. I think it should be a goal here to work toward mirroring that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tockyocky Racing View Post
          Correct me if I am wrong but I do believe fillies can run in the derby but have the option to run in the Oaks. Colts can't run oaks. This game is very similar to RL racing..the foundation was built with this in mind.
          Your correct Tok, in the UK you can enter fillies into both the Oaks and Derby, but you cant enter colts or gildings in the Oaks.
          Speed doesn’t matter as much as direction.

Comment

Great points . I agree that fillies should not be excluded from the Triple Crown and like the idea of a filly only big race . the reason that we made it one race was to get full races . I hope we get some new trainers next season and I think this will cure the issue . Thanks
            Admin.

Comment

I still believe the new 3 bc charge for Champ fee's has a big impact on filling these high stake races. I use to pay the champ fee on every horse I bred. Now I never pay the champ fee and find my horses have several other big money races to run due to TCR races and other specials. For every 3 horses I breed I save enough to breed one free plus. I'm not the only one doing this and feel that's why these cards won't ever fill again like they use to. The fact that Creates have free Champ fees included is another reason I find it hard to pay the 3 bc fee.

Maybe Lone should do a study on how many horses now have the Champ fee's paid compared to before. JMO WCR

Comment

Working...
              X