New Breeding Limits Season 42

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Breeding Limits Season 42

We are changing breeding limits . If you race your horse as a 5yo 2 times or more then no changes will happen . You will still get 20 breeds per mares and 60 for colts .

But

Each horse must race 12 times in order to retire for breeding .
    All horses will have to be 4yo to retire for breeding
    Studs get 50 breeds and if they race 2 or more times as a 5yo you will get an additional 10 more breeds for a total of 60.
    Mares get 15 and if they race 2 or more times as a 5yo you will get an additional 5 more breeds .

This should help our older race card -

Thanks and Good Luck
    Admin.

Any potential this can be phased in for the following season, so that newer stables that purchased potential broodstock are not penalized and left with nothing to breed?

Comment

Can I correctly assume that we still have the opportunity to retire any we want before the end of this season under the current rules and limits and this will only pertain to horses not retired until next season and beyond?

Comment

AMRS - That is correct

Nut Brown - I do not like to penalize new stables - Let me see how we can manage this , I did post earlier that we would be making some changes . We are working on a New Player Guide and will start an advertisement campaign so we would like to get most of our changes in there so that new players have a full understanding of breeding limits and rules . Please PM me how the new rules will effect your horses the most . Is it the age of studs or the 12 races to breed . Thanks

Admin.

Comment

Morning lone I tried to retire a couple of 3yr colts from my stable an it said horses must be 4yr to retire ? Can you address this for me please ! Cause the new changes don't take effect till January correct ......... Pancho

Comment

Same here kid!! I was planning on the 1st. Plus the others need to be grandfathered. I have dozens of horses that I stopped racing at 10 wins. There is no way I should have to race these guys twice more. Would require a substantial investment to add 2 races to each.

Comment

I think they are working on the issues Seen a couple of programming stables started the past few days. Concerns are noted. Hopefully we can get the changes implemented and something that works for everyone.
              ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
              Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
              https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

It has been corrected. we apologize for any inconvenience . Thanks and Good Luck
                Admin.

Comment

I have a question about concerns that Nut Brown and Dan expressed. Let's take for example a 3yo filly that could be retired next season (can't be retired this season yet) and under the current rules would get her 20 breeds but under the new rules would only get 15 breeds or the example Dan gave of 10 races under current rules. Can we have some sort of grandfathering or grace period whereby if we retire them prior to racing at all next season then they get to retire under the current rules? This way anyone who had planned a certain path with a horse doesn't get disrupted by this.

Comment

Originally posted by And More Racing Stable View Post
                    I have a question about concerns that Nut Brown and Dan expressed. Let's take for example a 3yo filly that could be retired next season (can't be retired this season yet) and under the current rules would get her 20 breeds but under the new rules would only get 15 breeds or the example Dan gave of 10 races under current rules. Can we have some sort of grandfathering or grace period whereby if we retire them prior to racing at all next season then they get to retire under the current rules? This way anyone who had planned a certain path with a horse doesn't get disrupted by this.
                    Yeah- I came back at the wrong time exactly I think. I claimed some 2yo fillies hoping to breed next season. Now I won't have broodmares until next summer if I want the short stack of breeds, or next fall if I want the full allotment. So basically I will wait 10 months to have breeders .

Comment

We will push back the new breeding limits for 5 days . That should allow all horses who where ready to retire for breeding to be retired under the old limits . I think this will help solve the issue . Thanks and have a Happy New Year
                      Admin.

Comment

Here’s the post Freddie made about not retiring breeders until 4 and about getting extra breeds if not retired until after at least 2 races at 5.

Comment

Working...
                        X