Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice

There is a pretty good possibility that my stable may not run anymore races lower than 20k claimers. I know this will probably take me out of the running for the top stable in the standings but frankly I dont need to be the #1 stable in the standings when I truly believe i'm the best to ever play this game (i know that sounds kinda jacked up but it's what I believe so screw it) No disrespect to folks like Chrisman, Pancho, Norm and Foggy etc. Or....all the so called greats and hall of fame types and can dust off the log in and come get some. Frankly I don't think old timers ever faced someone like me. Yes thats the confident me that many of you find cocky. I'm just saying...bring it. If you know them please tell them I'm looking for them on the track so I can put this to bed once and for all. Wheres Greeko? I'll mop him up also. I think TnT is already waving the white flag. Foggy has a standing 8 count and I've noticed Chrisman's tweak the last few weeks. Norm is hot and cold like my faucet. Yes....I want all the smoke!!

1. I don't have the time
    2. I like to breed more than I do racing
    3. I get no satisfaction out of winning lower races and i dont even watch them
    4. Winning every level of racing is probably deflating to some others

If I do this I would like to find 2 stables that I can kick my claimers down to free or charge and I would to also teach them how to race as I see it. I want to make sure that if I remove my entries from these races that the card isnt affected in any way and the spots I would normally race in are filled with my horses from another stable.
    Tockyocky Racing
    From the gate to the wire...stable on FIRE

I cannot disagree, quality, not quantity depicts a winner, so long as the sample size is relevant. You can back it up, and I have no problem with you laying claim to being the best.

I know some snowballs will come your way, but I cannot say I disagree.....This is an embarrassment this season, in terms of you and everyone else!

Orb
    - Orb Farms

Comment

As someone who is just returning to the game, I have to say I like the confidence.

Comment

What makes a great player? Is it the ability to pick spots? To keep a horse going? To know which jockey fits which circumstance? All of the above, of course.

What if there were such a thing as the Throwdown Invitational, a contest with the following parameters:

1) Select stables are invited to complete. Admin generates as many create 10-packs as there are participants, and each stable in turn buys one of these 10 packs from Admin.
        2) The contest would run over 12 weeks in a single season. Weeks 1, 4, 7, 10 would have races at 4f, 7f, and 10f. Weeks 2, 5, 8, and 11 races at 5f, 8f, and 11f. Weeks 3, 6, 9. and 12 at 6f, 9f, and 12f. $5k entry per race to keep things interesting. Races are open to contest participants only.
        3) Once a horse has won at a particular distance, i.e. 6f, the horse is ineligible to compete at that distance for the remainder of the contest. Trainers may enter only one horse per contest race.
        4) At the end of the series the trainer with the most wins gets a) bragging rights and b) their choice of up to 2 contest horses from each of the participating stables.

Do you suppose there would be any interest in such a contest among the top stables? The format puts all the pressure on training. No fresh horses, no rabbits, no mining for gold. Just playing the hand you are dealt better than other top players. Hmmmmmm

Comment

Don’t matter to me. Cream always rises to the top as they say. Apples to apples with same resources gonna produce the same results. As I said before it’s not just about wins. Money doesn’t make u great.
          Tockyocky Racing

Comment

Cream does indeed rise to the top. Of course, crap actually FLOATS. So which is which I wonder?

So here is the challenge-how many of the following stables would agree to participate? If enough reply here saying they are in, I'll see if Admin will agree to it and we are on!

1) Trunoble
            2) TNT
            3) Orb
            4) Greeko
            5) Foggy
            6) Chrisman
            7) Desperado
            8) Flip

Comment

There is no wondering. We race everyday with results for all to see so I’m not sure what the point of this is. If it’s an argument that lower stables in the standings are as good as the top stables with similar starting points then why are u calling for only top stables. The top stables have the resources and u see the results. Seems to me it would be a contest for lesser known stables.
              Tockyocky Racing

Comment

The point was fun, and removing just a few of the many variables that affect the regular card to make it more of a pure training puzzle. Stables not leaping at this so probably no matter.

Comment

Miles Mikolas, starting pitcher for my beloved St Louis Cardinals.....was 18-4 this past season....

BUT, he had the highest run support in the National League from his offense, at nearly 5.50 Runs per start.

So, "Run Support" here, i.e. deposits quantity, can skew truly who is the most talented.

Earnings per race, across a legitimate sample size, win percentage, and ITM% (again, with significant sample sizes) are the triple crown of "True Talent" in my judgment

....Everyone is entitled to their opinion.....But you need all 3, because for instance nominating 3 horses in a 5 horse race helps one of my 3, but hurts two others...

Just my opinion, and probably no right or wrong answer...

GL everyone!
                  Orb
                  - Orb Farms

Comment

Sorry haven't had chance to read them all . But anyone that was won a Trainers Title will tell you the hardest part is the effort it takes to continually place horses in races they can win . The time it takes. Most need a break after winning one .
                    Admin.

Comment

It can also depend on what areas any particular trainer concentrates on. Win% and itm% have not been my strengths but I know the reason. It’s because to my detriment I tend to give horses every opportunity to succeed higher before dropping them. However I believe average earnings per start and stakes winning percentage are definitely strengths of mine. I don’t have gaudy numbers of SW because I run a smaller stable but I’ll stack my averages against anyone.

Comment

You can win a trainers title racing in only 1K claimers...that might force someone to take a season off all by itself.
                        Tockyocky Racing

Comment

Yup, that takes no skill, zero. It is like data entry..a desk job
                          - Orb Farms

Comment

Toc,

You have mail...... Thanks

Orb
                            - Orb Farms

Comment

Originally posted by Tockyocky Racing View Post
                              There is a pretty good possibility that my stable may not run anymore races lower than 20k claimers. I know this will probably take me out of the running for the top stable in the standings but frankly I dont need to be the #1 stable in the standings when I truly believe i'm the best to ever play this game (i know that sounds kinda jacked up but it's what I believe so screw it) No disrespect to folks like Chrisman, Pancho, Norm and Foggy etc. Or....all the so called greats and hall of fame types and can dust off the log in and come get some. Frankly I don't think old timers ever faced someone like me. Yes thats the confident me that many of you find cocky. I'm just saying...bring it. If you know them please tell them I'm looking for them on the track so I can put this to bed once and for all. Wheres Greeko? I'll mop him up also. I think TnT is already waving the white flag. Foggy has a standing 8 count and I've noticed Chrisman's tweak the last few weeks. Norm is hot and cold like my faucet. Yes....I want all the smoke!!

1. I don't have the time
                              2. I like to breed more than I do racing
                              3. I get no satisfaction out of winning lower races and i dont even watch them
                              4. Winning every level of racing is probably deflating to some others

If I do this I would like to find 2 stables that I can kick my claimers down to free or charge and I would to also teach them how to race as I see it. I want to make sure that if I remove my entries from these races that the card isnt affected in any way and the spots I would normally race in are filled with my horses from another stable.
                              Spoken like a true X-Owner,,,LMFAO

Comment

Working...
                              X