• Show
Clear All

• maximum post

A couple of things. of note.

Notice that Route distances are 12 max
    Classic distances are 10 max
    Sprint races are 8 max.
    t
    This is from an admin post before season.
    SO WHY once again do the most expensive races on the site allow 9 and 10 post in the sprint qualifiers. I have asked this before and I am tired of anyone drawing these post in the Q races. Maybe its just me but makes no sense to me.

Eddie

I have a suggestion I'm going to run by Freddie and we will see what he thinks.
    B.
    ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
    Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
    https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

This is the one reason I took a break from the game. Horses can't win sprint races from the outside positions. Percentage is very low.

Comment

please see the poll posted in the community channel.
        ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
        Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
        https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

while the poll is nice it only deals with the final not the Q races. I ask again why do we limit to 8 all races but the Q races. Can I get a reasonable answer? Pretty sure I asked this a few seasons ago when we limited the 1k sprint races to 8 but not the more expensive, now we limit all races but the Q races. smh

Eddie

Comment

Its a different part of the coding . The Series are all set up alike . The site does not know one series from another . It sees all 3 as Championships and the same type of series .It never takes into account what distance are ran . We are going to get new coding done that will allow us to pick from different gate size . Then we can make 3 different type of series . This season all the series have been set up which does not allow us to change it . We can change the qualifiers ,but not the series .

Regular races allow us to pick gate size and distance . I hope that helps explain it a little . Thanks and Good Luck
            Admin.

Comment

"We can change the qualifiers"
              As most trainers believe drawing 9-12 in a 5f or 6f race is the kiss of death, I ask again why have we not changed the Q races to be like every other sprint race on the site.(outside of the coding of the sprint finals). Your answer still does not address my main question.

Eddie

Comment

We talked about it a few season back - there were two issues that divided the trainers . Many didn't want the smaller size fields because the purse would also be smaller. Some had concern about running different size qualifiers and finals . This will be the last season of 12 horse sprint finals .

we also need to remember the points awarded will be different . Since most will be 5 or 6 horses qualifiers the points will be less important . in a 6 horse qualifier you will only get 7 points for a win . compared to 13 in a 12 horse field . There will be a lot of horses tied in points .
                Admin.

Comment

I said this on the wrong thread, on Brian's poll thread, so I deleted it and moved it here.

Also, to eliminate ties with point-acquisition, use a sliding scale that awards bonus points for a top-3 finish. Example 8-horse Qualifier Field:

11 for 1st (3 point "win" bonus) 8 + 3 bonus pts
                  9 for 2nd (2 point "place" bonus) 7 + 2 bonus pts
                  7 for 3rd (1 point "show bonus) 6 + 1 bonus pt
                  -------------
                  5 for 4th
                  4 for 5th
                  3 for 6th
                  2 for 7th
                  1 for 8th

And then I cut and removed this from the wrong thread, and pasted it here..... My vision anyways!

ALL Qualifiers 8 Gate Max, Finals is top 16, or 14, two heats, and those 2 semifinals heats ARE the consos, then no actual conso, but the final 8 run...

That is my vision, make a semi-final of two 8-horse (or 7 horse, or 6-horse) fields the "consos"

Anyway, I am good with your poll, just my thoughts

There is just no need for slots 9 thru 12 in the format of this game in my opinion, but I am cool with the majority rule

Orb
                  Last edited by Orb Farms; 01-22-2019, 10:42 PM.
                  - Orb Farms

Comment

The point idea is good . We have a little issue with the extra race . We try to fit all finals into the last month of the season and adding more races will make it hard to get distance between each finals .
                    Admin.

Comment

Working...
                    X