Breeders Leasing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeders Leasing

We are working on allowing Owners to list their breeders with a new leasing program . Instead of charging a Stud/Mare Fee you will be able to list them and charge a percentage of offspring winnings. We think this will allow for more breeds to be sold and with higher upside to profit from your top breeders . You will still be able to pick if you want to list with a percentage or straight fee .

Owner of breeder will be able to lease their horse with a percentage from 5% - 25% of offspring winnings .

Owners feedback would be helpful . Thanks
    Last edited by Lone Star Stables; 01-22-2019, 09:59 PM.
    Admin.

Big question with this is what if the offspring changed hands?
    ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
    Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
    https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

I'ts like a contract...if a foal changes hands the contract goes with it. No need to make it complicated really...some type of symbol can also tell potential buyers that the foal is under contract for lack of better words. I believe this would be a huge hit. RL racing and breeding has this.

On the front end if a stable doesnt want to breed to any horse that is offering this option that is their right and they can choose a sire or mare without that offer.
      Tockyocky Racing
      From the gate to the wire...stable on FIRE

Comment

The Percentage will stay with the horse . This will have to be part of the consideration on any sales or claiming price of any horse . We will have a public view on any percentage owned to a breeder .
        Admin.

Comment

you sell the horse, you sell the royalties, keep it simple, correct?

[EDIT] Will your I.T. Team be able to capture on the horse profile its list of breeding offspring/earners & percentage?

Orb
          - Orb Farms

Comment

So if the stallion or mare is sold the royalty earnings also transfer to the new owner?

Also here's another question that needs answered...
            As it stands now it costs me 1K credits to sell a breeding to someone (20K fee and under)
            Is that fee still going to be charged for leasing or is the site going to take a % of leased earnings or will the site double dip and take both?
            Last edited by And More Racing Stable; 01-23-2019, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Dont get me wrong. I like this idea. I wish it was around when I played (even though my breeders sucked) Im just trying to find productive issues to raise.

A new stable joins enters the contract with a stallion owner. Gets a good horse. Plays a couple of weeks and quits. Personally I think at some point the stallion owner should get the rights to that horse since they are missing out on income due to inactivity.
              ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
              Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
              https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Disagree.....u have no rights to the foal. It was purchased by the other member. not racing at all for any reason is no different than someone running the horse into the ground. With all do respect.....keep it simple.
                Tockyocky Racing
                From the gate to the wire...stable on FIRE

Comment

1. The site will only charge a 1k listing fee .
                  2. It would open a can of worms if we start moving horses around because they do not race them ,or race them wrong .I think it will be in the sites best interest not to do this.
                  3. The horses owner will get the royalties . If horse changes owner , the new owner gets royalties .

Thanks
                  Admin.

Comment

Working...
                  X