• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at all...I respect ur opinion...even of me

Tockyocky Racing
    From the gate to the wire...stable on FIRE

Comment

I think 1 win for Q races could have side effects.
      I think if a horse must have raced 1 or 2 races before entering Q races would help to remove the first out killers, but a must win may reduce entries for horses a owner believe could come around from decent races but did not win.
      I have found that some horses my compete better in stakes races as they maybe stakes horses so raw speed is not the only factor. Horse could get banged up in maidens/divs with other stakes horses, killer gelds and the likes. I have had horses that ran their best races in stakes and champ races. Very nice discussion.

Comment

And in response to Dragon post.

on issue 1...
        I think yearling only breeding would not work so well for site. For example, new members would not be able to get into the game as quickly. The finances may also be an issue although I have not looked at other fees. Not sure on this one.

I am for limiting quick breeding some. Not total amount but time frame.
        Example1: unlimited breeding opens first 3 or so days of every month and closed otherwise.
        Racing strategy could still work around this but may bring some stability to your concerns.

on issue 2...
        Total agreement.

Comment

I would be interested to see if limiting breeding (timeframe and perhaps quantity a bit) mitigates the need for changes to qualifiers. I agree with Chrisman that requiring a win could drag things out for a perfectly legit horse. Earnings requirement could be another bar.

There will always be a need to put in some different rules for players in their first season, i.e. higher breeding limits or something of the sort.. The new age limits for breeders make this even tougher as it is a very long time before a new stable can breed and race their own horses. We are at risk now of having breeding become a non-aspect of the game for many, which I think would take away from a lot of the entertainment value.Limiting breeds would keep a single stable from becoming the defacto DT-style sales ring and allow all players to play the full game.

Comment

Lmfao

Yeah don’t change the Q requirements. Better for someone like me watch what I do.

DT Sales Ring - give me a break! Let’s confuse selling an entire stable with selling new 2yo’s. My horses are posted everywhere because it’s closing down which has nothing to do with normal sales process. Grab a clue and get out of my wallet !!!!!

This is like playing that mole game with a mallet.

Tockyocky Racing
            From the gate to the wire...stable on FIRE

Comment

[QUOTE=Nut Brown Racing;n126438]I would be interested to see if limiting breeding (timeframe and perhaps quantity a bit) mitigates the need for changes to qualifiers. I agree with Chrisman that requiring a win could drag things out for a perfectly legit horse. Earnings requirement could be another bar.

It seems this was confusing for some. What I was suggestion is that an earnings requirement might mitigate Chrisman's legit concerns about requiring a win, while still addressing the issue Dragon raised.

Comment

Nut Brown...I’m curious because you have mentioned it at least a couple of times in posts.

Just because someone decides to make their business model as a breeder and seller of horses instead of racing themselves what part of the game do you feel that keeps you from playing fully.

Comment

Thanks to the couple that genuinely responded, however typically it has been turned into something else.
                  Whilst i didn't expect many to agree with them, they are legitimate concerns put forward in the correct way.
                  This is turning into a place i have no desire to be involved with anymore.

Comment

DT - don’t give up yet. I think admin needs to step up and control things better and the recent 3 Day ban of TDF is a good beginning.

You raised some some good questions and concerns and the discussion did start out in a positive manner about the subject. Some people just need to stop or be made to stop jumping in with comments about others instead of about the subject.

Having thought even more about it now I’m on board with some sort of requirement prior to entering a stake or Q race. I don’t want to see breeding limited to any time period and I think a win or 2 might be a bit much because I agree with Chris that a good horse could run into a couple of maiden monsters and finish 2nd twice instead of winning but still be good enough to put into a Q race. So I could see requiring any horse to race say 2 times before they are allowed to enter a Q race whether they win or not. I think that would take the freshness edge off the horse and put them on equal footing with the rest of the field.

Comment

Working...
                    X