New Season Announcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Season Announcement

The project list is growing by the hour but I wanted to give everyone an update on a few things that will be active for the new season. The larger vision I have will be shared soon.

New Stables
    New stables will not be required to purchase a subscription. New stables will have the ability to race in a new set of free races for as long as they wish. They can train and race and learn without the pressure applied to make a deposit and become a member. Once a new stable enters a cash race it is no longer eligible for the free races. The idea is to build an under current of stables that can learn the game at their own pace and enjoyment and when they feel confident they can take the next step. Members will not be able to race in the free races. Eventually we will have enough new stables to fill free races. Lots to gain here! This change is currently under construction and not live.

Stakes Races / Graded
    Stakes races and Graded races will require a horse to have at least 1 win. No longer will we allow unraced horses to enter higher graded races...we expect a horse to prove it is worthy of the entry by winning. Also and probably more importantly this change will eliminate raced and proven horses running against unraced fresh horses with a pop. This is an integrity of the game issue and we look to close any loop holes or areas of manipulation. In the future some races may require an even higher win total example....$500 Pennsylvania Derby for 3yo's may require 3 wins. As of now it is set to 1 win for all stakes races which includes Qualifiers. This was intended to be live May 1st but is Live as of today.

New Jockeys
    The jockey list will be cut to 25 Jocks and roughly 70% of those will be new. A few coming out of retirement and many will be inactive for the season. You will know preferred distances and track surfaces and other details that will help you make a choice. The gaps will be closed between the Jockeys. This is a strategy game and we intend on making this quite evident.

Turf Races
    As Cold Dog has posted...we are increasing the amount of turf races on the race card by roughly 30%. It's up to you to figure out what your horse's preference is. There is a 50-50 chance when a horse is bred that the horse will prefer turf over dirt. This does not mean the horse can't compete on dirt and vice versa.

Fixed Purses
    We will experiment with races with a fixed starting purse. Instead of trainer entry fees building the purse we will set a purse amount for the race so you know exactly what you are racing for. Some of these races will require 4-5 minimum entries to run so the site is protected. Fixed purse races will have a higher payout on average and in the future may include a jockey fee based on win place show. Jocks will have a pre determined % assigned to them during race entry. This will be in place of the current jock selection fee which has nothing to do with actual results. Again this is in line with real life racing where jocks actually do get paid. Fixed purse races are active jockey fee for W P S is not and any change to that will come with advanced notice

Yearlings
    Effective for the new season yearlings will never race again. My goal is to make the changes so that there is NEVER an age change for 1yo's. You will feel confident that the 1yo you have trained will be the same as 2yo. This project has not started yet but the coding solution is ready.

Meets
    Starting May 1st there will be a monthly meet in place. Various races on the card including claimers and randomly placed special races will be assigned to the Spring Meet. All of these races labeled for the Meet will give points towards a trainer. This means all ages and sex will generate points in the same pool. Unlike qualifiers that keep all age, sex and distance separate. Initially the series will track points by horse but will be changed over to trainer...very similar to the stakes standing page. The trainers of the Top three horses during the monthly meet will win credits and bc's. We are determining the payout now.

2yo Spring Series
    Will last 1 month. Starting purse $100 5K entry per race plus 1K towards end of month series race. Look for it on the card day 1

Referral Bonus
    Any stable that refers a new stable to the site will receive 100,000 credits once the new stable makes deposits exceeding $100
    This includes old inactive stables
    We will match deposits made by new or returning members dollar for dollar on the initial deposit only...up to $250 Time to start calling some friends!

2YO Breed Fee
    For a limited time 2yo breed fees will be lowered to $5. New season upon us and I have some special graded races lined up for new season 3yo's. I'd take notice and prepare before it's too late. $50 - $400 fixed purse races for 3yo

Deposit Match
    April 24th - April 28th we will give a 50% deposit match - example...deposit 100k receive 150K total. Up to 300K deposited

These are just some immediate things we are doing while I continue to work on some longer term ideas.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Administrator; 04-25-2019, 09:17 AM.

Love it already!!
    SPARTANS! What is YOUR profession?

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

Keep up the good work this journey is a long and hard one ! But u started it off on the right foot keep it up..........Pancho

Comment

"Stakes Races / Graded
        Stakes races and Graded races will require a horse to have at least 1 win"

I think you only need starts as opposed to wins to weed out the 1st start boost. Say 2 starts to enter a specific type of races (stakes etc). Additional requirements could be non claimers, other low end races.

Likewise races for low end races and claimers with restrictions for none stakes types or even horses with recent success in allowance (this may already be on the card).

Anyhow, best of luck Toc, I think you will enjoy your new roll and will do very well.

Comment

Chrisman I love the idea of starts instead of wins. Solves what I wanted to accomplish without penalizing good horses with bad brakes. I need to look into programming requirements. I'll update the status when I can

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post
            The project list is growing by the hour but I wanted to give everyone an update on a few things that will be active for the new season. The larger vision I have will be shared soon.

New Stables
            New stables will not be required to purchase a subscription. New stables will have the ability to race in a new set of free races for as long as they wish. They can train and race and learn without the pressure applied to make a deposit and become a member. Once a new stable enters a cash race it is no longer eligible for the free races. The idea is to build an under current of stables that can learn the game at their own pace and enjoyment and when they feel confident they can take the next step. Members will not be able to race in the free races. Eventually we will have enough new stables to fill free races. Lots to gain here! This change is currently under construction and not live.
            It is a good idea and it has been tried before but it has failed because new stables join in dribs and drabs. A stable might have its 2 or 3 free horses waiting for a week or two for another stable to join and compete against. My suggestion is that site has a pool of 20-30 ex-racers that ended their careers in the 1K/3K Claimers. From this pool, 4 horses are nominated each day. The race won't go off unless there is a minimum of 5 starters including the 4 pool horses. That way, there will always be a race for a new stable. I'd keep it to two distances only, 6f and 10f dirt at CAL. Don't want them getting comfortable in those races by varying distance/track/surface. It doesn't really matter what the meters are. Perhaps the Ássistant Trainer' could keep the meters up to racing levels. Jockey Decides would be the default instruction. The pool horses will provide enough competition for a new stable to grasp the fundamentals with the lure of better challenges and financial gain in the mainstream races.

Norm

"There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

Working...
            X