Horse Grade or Rated System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse Grade or Rated System

As previously mentioned...I would like to add a Foal Quality or Potential Quality Indicator to the horse stats page when born. I know what I want to use it for but haven't decided yet on what this indicator, class or rating should be.

Could be:

Based on 5 stars
    Could be as simple as G1A G1B
    Could be as simple as a number between 80-100

Right now I like a straight up number like 97 or a number and a letter 98 A. Could also do the same for bloodline transfer. I'd like some ideas besides mine and I want to start working on the programming this Monday.

I could even give an example of an exact class rating for a current horse...or 1 horse per stable. Just so you can see how true it is. I have it all mapped out...just not programmed to give the visual.
    Last edited by Administrator; 05-17-2019, 10:16 PM.

Bob I a bit confused by this,if as I have always been told every horse has hidden attributes you can't see,having heart etc,how can they be given a class rating??

Comment

Originally posted by Winning Ways View Post
      Bob I a bit confused by this,if as I have always been told every horse has hidden attributes you can't see,having heart etc,how can they be given a class rating??
      I would think that it probably isn't going to give more than a general indication but no matter what degree of indication it gives I don't really think I like the idea of a rating system because it seems to me it takes some of the skill out of the game. Figuring out what quality a horse is should be a skill that players need to figure out not something given to players...JMO!

Comment

I wouldn't to deep into this with a discussion on attributes etc. I think it is safe to say when we work a horse for the first time we have a general idea of ability as it is. I will think some more on this but i feel strongly something is missing when identifying or including something more about our horses.

Comment

I tend to agree since there is no horse conformation to look at . I'd like to see one of mine rated for sure
          Midwest Racing

Comment

I'll give anyone 1 shot at a sample of a number ranking w/ potential growth or no growth being apart of it in some way. Again...this is not showing anything about the horse and is harmless. This is just a hypothetical exercise so we can discuss feature / benefit of something that builds intrigue.

Just name your horse

Comment

ok bro ill give you Dangerous Minds !!
              SPARTANS! What is YOUR profession?

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

Thanks Aloya...i looked into that horse and it became pretty apparent this needs a little more thought. I changed my mind for the moment and I will not be giving examples.

Comment

Working...
                X