This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Dog Soup View Post
    I hate to bring up a political reference but much like the affordable care act. We gotta pass it before we know whats in it. lol. Have some patience everyone. Let Bob get things he is envisioning then if there are issues maybe we can adjust. There's still going to be some growing pains and short term issues. Slow down if you need to but dont give up at least until the product is finished and you see how its going to be on a permanent basis. Some things you dont like may change drastically by the time all is said and done. A lot of potential in what Bob has in mind.
    dog quoting NANCY PELOSI , lol ....... speaking of nancy , though i'm a staunch republican & she's a dingbat to say the least i wouldn't mind spending some time with her

Comment

Yes I digress. Poor attempt at adding some humor to the situation but my intentions were good. Just to have some patience until things are more to the end goal. I know its frustrating with changes especially if they spring on you without warning. But the intent is good as well trying to improve the site.
      Improve it for which group? I have asked this question 3 times in 3 different ways. Can we please get a stated intent?

Comment

Hopefully for everyone. Hopefully everyone will find a niche. I know if I were still playing I would be trying to find breeders and funding my stable off the breed percentages even if I barely raced.
        There may be some chaos as we are seeing for a bit before things get settled. As I said earlier Hang tight have patience and see if you like the finished product. I'm not even sure everything Bob has in mind but Im optimistic in his intent.
        ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
        Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
        https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Hopefully for everyone. Hopefully everyone will find a niche. I know if I were still playing I would be trying to find breeders and funding my stable off the breed percentages even if I barely raced.
          There may be some chaos as we are seeing for a bit before things get settled. As I said earlier Hang tight have patience and see if you like the finished product. I'm not even sure everything Bob has in mind but Im optimistic in his intent.
          My question is a fair one. I am asking what the strategy is. That is relevant for deciding to invest time or money today. Others might choose to stick around to barely race, but that would not be of interest to me. So I still want an answer. This cannot be both a black diamond run and a bunny hill, a stove and a freezer, a poker tournament and family game night. What is the direction that management wants to go? "We don't know yet" is fair. Wait and see is insulting.

Comment

Beyond what I've said I really can't add much more will have to leave it up to him to reply further. I'm sure there are goals for the site he has that I simply don't know. I highly doubt he wants to price anyone out of the game. We have several loyal small budget stables that have been with us for years and I'm sure he will keep their needs in mind as well as larger stables. I'm assuming this is the cause of some or most of the concern. Anyways I will leave it at that.. Will let Bob explain tomorrow if he chooses. If not I will likely close this thread as it doesn't seem to be headed in a good direction.
            Sorry I couldn't be more help to alleviate everyone's concerns.
            ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
            Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
            https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Here's why I get confused and don't understand...
              This race in the entries does not say anything about being a fixed purse yet the purse is $7,700 less than the entries (24% less)...$24,300 purse versus $32,000 entries. That's a chunk of lost potential ROI in my opinion. I know it's 1 race cherry picked from the card but it's not an isolated case as I have pointed out others. Can you please explain the reasoning behind this. This goes to the point Nut Brown is trying to make. Without knowing the reasoning for these instances how can we be expected to just accept it?
              05-27-2019 19:05 05-26-2019 19:05 Dirt CAL 1 6f Dirt fst Maiden Special Weight 8(1) 24300
              2yo Colts and Fillies that have never won a race, Wt colts 119lbs, fillies 117lbs, entry fee 4000
              Last edited by And More Racing Stable; 05-26-2019, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Here's another...$30,000 purse versus $43,400 entries. Yes you have $20,000 BC's as a starting purse. Do you intend for BC's to be equal to $$ as far as purses are concerned? Maybe some just don't care but this is why there is a concern from some of us. You don't explained your plan intent for all of this kind of stuff. You just want us to accept it.
                05-27-2019 20:45 05-26-2019 20:45 Dirt SA 21 7f Dirt fst Mayhem WFA Colts 7(0) 30000 +
                20000(BC)
                Starting Purse 20000 bonus credits, 2 and 3yo colts , 4yo and up Colts Wt 2yo 120lbs, 3yo 121lbs, 122lbs, entry fee 6200

Comment

I have officially lost a little patience on this topic and this thread because you fail to read anything I have posted and it this point it is starting to feel like sabotage. I have spent way too much time reading and responding to this. Now please read carefully!

What is today's date? What is the date of the races you posted above?
                  I have posted yesterday that these races are generally adjusted 24 hours in advance (close to posting and some just after). The races you posted above are for May 27th and have already been adjusted once and will be adjusted again close to the 24 hour window. You are cherry picking future races that haven't even posted. Did your investigative approach purposely leave out the races for May 26th that have already posted with fixed purses? Just incase let me spend more unproductive time breaking down the May 26th fixed race purses.

ALL POSTED FIXED PURSE RACES FOR TODAY MAY 26th

Race #1 19:05 BC Maiden $4,000 entry Purse $20,000 + 10,0000 BC's
                  3rd place payout $4,000 + plus 2,000 bc's 33% ROI

Race #2 19:10 BC Maiden $4,400 entry Purse $35200
                  3rd place payout $7,040 37.5% ROI

Race #3 19:15 D-Div $3,500 entry Purse $28,000 + 5,000 BC's
                  3rd place payout $5,600 + 1,000 bc's 47% ROI

Race #4 19:20 Claiming NW2 $2,500 entry Purse $12,500 + 2,000 BC's
                  3rd place payout $2,500 + 400 bc's 13.8% ROI

Race #8 19:30 Optional Claiming NW3 $4,200 entry fee Purse $42,000 + 5,000 BC's
                  3rd place payout $8,400 + 1,000 bc's 55.32% ROI

Race #11 19:35 Maiden Shotgun $6,200 entry Purse $41,000 + 5,000 BC's (only 4 entrees in the race = $24,800 in entry fees vs. 41K purse)
                  3rd place payout $8,200 + 1,000 bc's 33.61% ROI in a 4 horse race

Race #12 19:40 Maiden Shotgun $6,800 entry Purse $47,600 + 5,000 BC's
                  3rd place payout $9,520 + 1,000 bc's 35.36% ROI

Race #15 19:50 Juvenile Mile G2 $10,500 entry Purse $126,000 + 10,000 BC's
                  3rd place payout $25,200 + 2,000 bc's 61.2% ROI

Race #16 19:55 Juvenile Mile G2 $9,800 Purse $117,600 + 5,000 BC's
                  3rd place payout $23,520 + 1,000 bc's 60.04% ROI

Race #19 20:00 Daytona G3 $10,000 entry Purse $40,000 + 35,000 BC's (4 horse field which we allowed to run instead of cancel due to not reaching minimum)
                  3rd place payout $8,000 + 7,000 bc's 33.3% ROI

I know I have demonstrated quite clearly in this post that not only is fixed purse racing working just fine it is also the most profitable racing on the site. When 3rd place horses are pulling in 33% to 61% ROI thats impressive.

Now...if you want to continue to cherry pick races that haven't even closed for entries yet as your example on an agenda even though I have clearly expressed how this works that's on you. I have just proven how valuable fixed purse racing is and if you want me to remove the current most profitable races on the site I can and that is also on you. When someone fails to note the obvious positives in over 10 separate posts or acknowledges where their own arguments have short comings I start to question the motive. I have also stated clearly that I will personally manage fixed purses to make sure the proper oversight is in place. I have also stated that I will remove all fixed purse races except for the ones that I will manage yet you continue to use races already carded before this thread was created and also days in advance that haven't been adjusted. I have also clearly stated that future programming will allow for automatic adjustment of Fixed purses based on entry fees vs starting purse. I have also stated that I will add to the race information if its a fixed purse, minimum entires to race, max entries etc yet we continue to post about this. If you feel a fixed purse race has the wrong purse just let me know and I will adjust accordingly. It's not intentional as previously stated. This doesn't have to be so difficult and I am here to create an evolving entertaining and fun place for the community...Including for you! I like your passion!

I have allowed this thread to go on with many inaccuracies that reflect poorly on this site and community. It's not a good visual for members or new members...kinda like fake news. This thread will be closed. AMR - I appreciate your participation and concerns...I really do. You continue to post on how I should not take your posts personally. For the most part I don't. However, at some point when I feel posts with misinformation continue to appear ignoring facts, I have to question the intent. If I feel the site I own is being put in unfair light with damaging impact I will take it personal because it impacts me personally.

I'm sure there are many smart people here but best believe I am one of them. That should make you feel just a bit comfortable!

I speak bluntly and directly...I am sure if we were in the same room having a conversation you would see that I am calm yet passionate. I can assure you thats i am on a mission building a great virtual horse racing platform. It's been 4 weeks and much has been accomplished but threads like this aren't very helpful to me at the moment. "Hey Bob...can you take a look at this purse please" is all that is needed. Fixed purses carded correctly are a benefit to all. That's is my only intent regarding fixed purse racing.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-26-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Yes...Bonus Credits are important! A few years ago bonus credits didn't even exist. All creates, shoes and vet and DD and gelding and fees were all cash items. If Bonus Credits are meaningless then I can remove bonus credits and we can go back to cash for all of these items. Makes accounting a lot easier for me. Not only is the racing improved and more profitable but there has been a much higher allotment of Bonus Credits given out.

Sorry forgot to respond to that!
                    Last edited by Administrator; 05-26-2019, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X