official colors of TWO DIAMOND FARM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• official colors of TWO DIAMOND FARM

white with dark green diamonds & dark purple armbands . green ( my favorite color ) & purple ( the dk purple armbands are a nod to horse racing as the sport of kings - purple has always been considered the color of royalty )
    Last edited by Two Diamond Farm; 05-29-2019, 04:35 AM.

Congratulations. And you've chosen a combination and pattern allowed by the Jockey Club.

When I designed my real-world silks I made a point of trying to violate as many JC standards as possible. I used the prohibited navy blue for a background. I mish-mashed two acceptable symbols, the ball and the ring, into my own graphic,which is larger than allowed by about a quarter inch. The ball and ring are each different colors, giving me 3 body colors instead of the acceptable two. And- for one final nose-thumbing- the polka dots on my sleeves are not the approved, standard size for polka dots.

Yes folks, the JC really has all of these rules.

Comment

why on Earth would navy blue be prohibited?
      Midwest Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Midwest Racing View Post
        why on Earth would navy blue be prohibited?
        Too hard to distinguish from black per the JC. Which I thought was really silly, and I like navy, so I couldn't resist. I have to say that I think a regulation-sized polka dot is even more ridiculous. Who the heck measures the polka dots?

None of this matters unless I race in a jurisdiction that follows JC rules, such as New York. So if I want to run a horse in NY I either have to request special permission to run in my colors, which would likely be denied, or run in "house silks". The house silks are often really ugly, to make sure we are properly shamed for not being able to follow the rules lol.

Comment

Working...
        X